Quantcast California Adventure - what order?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default California Adventure - what order?

We are going to be at Disneyland for 3 days in October, but will most likely only be able to make opening at California Adventure on one of those days. We have not been there since Cars Land opened and I really want to ride all of those rides. I also want to get passes for World of Color and ride TSM once. What should my plan of attack be? Head straight for Cars Land and then get a fast pass (if they even offer it, I can't remember) for TSM and then get the pass for World of Color? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated, we haven't been the parks in a couple of years.

Thanks!
    Liz
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They do not offer fs for TSM. I've only been once since opening, I'd get to Carsland and the Racers first. However, you can get a fs for them so if you want to do that know that the fastpass kiosk is over near the Bugs land area near It's Tough to be a Bug. Then you could get a fastpass and head over to TSM. The racers also have a single rider line that I found to be pretty managable (the longest was about a 20 to 25 minute wait during Labor Day weekend) if you're okay with riding by yourself.

As for the World of Color my understanding is that the passes are pretty easy to to get even later in the afternoon. I wouldn't stress about getting them first thing. If you're going to do a sit down meal at CA, though, you can get a WOC package at the table service restaurants there.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    They do not offer fs for TSM. I've only been once since opening, I'd get to Carsland and the Racers first. However, you can get a fs for them so if you want to do that know that the fastpass kiosk is over near the Bugs land area near It's Tough to be a Bug. Then you could get a fastpass and head over to TSM. The racers also have a single rider line that I found to be pretty managable (the longest was about a 20 to 25 minute wait during Labor Day weekend) if you're okay with riding by yourself.

As for the World of Color my understanding is that the passes are pretty easy to to get even later in the afternoon. I wouldn't stress about getting them first thing. If you're going to do a sit down meal at CA, though, you can get a WOC package at the table service restaurants there.
    I agree on getting Radiator Springs fastpass first then head to TSM. I went in late Aug 2012 when it was new and the lines were really long and fast passes ran out right when the park opened. The ride was so crowded, we didnt have a chance to ride it. TSM's wait was no more than 20-30 min when I was there.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from Disneyland yesterday and this was our first time since Cars Land opened.

We went to CA adventure at opening for one of our 3 days. We got in line for the Radiator Springs FP line about 845am (before rope drop) and it was already 25 minutes to get to the FP kiosk. The kids waited at the rope and went directly to RS and were on within minutes. Our FP return time was for 1040am. It worked quite nicely.

We also had not seen World of Color before and I was not expecting to see it this time as we went with multiple families. As it turned out, we ended up at the Cove Bar right across from the Ferris Wheel about 6pm. We ended up sitting there for 3 hours....coming and going with kids to rides etc. We had a fabulous view of the show. We had quite the tab after 3 hours....there were about 15 of us...but it was great fun. No meals but very good appetizers.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about getting in line for FastPasses for Radiator Springs Racers first. I have also been there at rope drop and got through the regular stand-by line in less than 30 minutes.

The other Cars Land rides, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Lugi's Flying Tires are relatively short lines when you are there early.

World of Color FastPasses will still be available after you have gone through the RSR FP line. They key for World of Color is really being there when they open up the viewing area. You want to get a spot right next to the railing for whatever section you end up in, to get the best view.

Toy Story Midway Mania will probably be the longest line you wait in outside of Cars Land ... Like other attractions, early in the day should also be pretty good, around 30 min.

After you have your next window for FastPasses I would get ones for Soarin'. Like WDW, Disneyland is starting to get strict about going on attractions during the time on the FP ticket.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everybody! I am getting excited!
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there and getting a fp for woc will be no problem. We did the single rider line at Carsland and hardly had any wait at all first thing in the morning.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

We were there on a Sat/Tuesday. I think the best bet is avoiding the Saturday ,if you can. You have to plan carefully since the WOC/Fantasmic/Fireworks have limited days.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: