Quantcast Port Orleans French Quarter outdoor movie

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Port Orleans French Quarter outdoor movie

I'll be checking in with my friend of 35 years for 5 nights beginning on 9/30. Siting outside and watching a movie sounds like a great way to unwind after a long park day. Does anyone know if chairs are provided? Do people bring chairs or blankets to sit on? Would if be OK to bring a bottle of wine?

My friend lives in Fla and will be driving so we can easily bring 2 'soccer mom' chairs and we'll have wine in the room of course!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember chairs being provided. I'm not 100% sure about that, but I think it would be a good idea to bring your own chairs. Most folks bring a blanket to sit on.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know where the movie is played at Riverside? And do we really need to bring something to sit on?

We've watched the outdoor movies at many of the resorts, and I don't recall ever having to bring a chair or something to sit on.

At WL it's out on the beach and you can use the beach chairs.

Same at the Poly, we sat in the chairs out on the beach.

At CBR it was set up next to the bar by the pool so you could sit at the tables just outside the food court/gift shop area. I think they also had the short beach chairs set up directly in front the screen.

At CR/BLT they have the short beach type chairs set up in front of the screen.

At BC/YC it's on the beach and you use the beach chairs.

I don't recall ever seeing people sitting on the ground or on towels or blankets.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed at POFQ 2 years ago, I was able to watch The Princess and the Frog (perfect movie for French Quarter) while we were there. I don't recall seeing any chairs, but the cast members did bring a cart of the pool towels for people to lay or sit on. People brought snacks and drinks with them, so I would think it would be okay to bring wine.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pianobabe View Post
    When we stayed at POFQ 2 years ago, I don't recall seeing any chairs, but the cast members did bring a cart of the pool towels for people to lay or sit on.
    Well....you learn something new every day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, at Riverside it's set up between two of the buildings in the Mansions section. There are no chairs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Denise, at Riverside it's set up between two of the buildings in the Mansions section. There are no chairs.
    Thanks Mel. Not sure we'll take in a movie, but we'll be with several newbies, and some younger kids that may enjoy this one evening.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Responders are correct, there are not chairs, but a cart of towels is provided. There are some benches along the sides, not many. Lots of snacks, beignets, and refillable mugs were seen when we were there in May.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: