Quantcast Bus Service Testing Between DAK and DTD

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bus Service Testing Between DAK and DTD

Disney will begin testing bus service from Disney's Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney... The testing route will begin in September and run through October 2013... The hours this route will be available is 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM...

Guests picking up the DTD bus at DAK will be dropped off at DTD West Side.. Guests traveling from DTD to DAK will pick up the bus at West Side as well...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird that they list this as testing, seasonal is probably more appropriate. They have in the past run busses from parks to DTD. I don't think it's been the other way (DTD to a park).

AK makes sense since people stream out around 2pm.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you could go to DTD from all the parks. It would be so much easier and convenient than having to go to a resort to catch a bus.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I wish you could go to DTD from all the parks. It would be so much easier and convenient than having to go to a resort to catch a bus.
    I agree. At very least it would be nice to go directly from any park to DTD. I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I agree. At very least it would be nice to go directly from any park to DTD. I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.
    Coming soon, RFID readers on buses to validate that all persons loading on a bus in DTD are Disney resort guests!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.
    Maybe they're thinking that no one will be going to the park that late in the day?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That shouldnt even be an issue. Who cares. The people are still going to spend money. Just like disney doesnt allow outside food n drinks in the parks but every single person brings stuff in Seriously who cares if they are resort guests or not
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ISLE39 View Post
    ...Just like Disney doesn't allow outside food n drinks in the parks but every single person brings stuff in Seriously who cares if they are resort guests or not
    Disney does not prohibit guests from bringing outside food or drinks, they only prohibit coolers and alcohol.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Maybe they're thinking that no one will be going to the park that late in the day?
    I agree with you... No one is going to go to DAK at 3:00 when the park closes at 5:00... This is to get those guests who leave DAK early over to DTD to shop, eat, and spend money... And I think it also keeps the route simple instead of having to ride to a resort, get off the bus and wait who knows how long for a DTD bus...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    They have in the past run buses from parks to DTD. I don't think it's been the other way (DTD to a park).
    Buses from DtD to parks were discontinued in the early 2000's, because people had figured out that you could park at DtD for free, then take a bus to a park. They were taking up a LOT of the parking at DtD back then.

Now, *from* a park to DTD would make sense during certain parts of the day.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Coming soon, RFID readers on buses to validate that all persons loading on a bus in DTD are Disney resort guests!
    ....that idea did cross my mind several times these past 9 days here in "The World".

.... but ...it mostly revolved around non-guests / persons that can get on a bus at DtD ....and return to a resort to use the pool, etc.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    *Years* ago, you had to provide proof of Disney "residency" to use the resort buses and monorails - even from Magic Kingdom to the TTC on the Resort side.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when you had to show proof you were a Disney guest to use the buses. I hope they do, once again provide services to the parks from DTD, but I also hope you are required to show proof you are a guest. I bet the parking at DTD will improve. To many people are willing to park there, take a bus to a resort and then hop on a bus to a park just to avoid the parking fee. It's dishonest, but so many justify their actions anyway they can.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Took this bus two weeks ago today. The odd thing was that it was not a disney bus but rather one that seemed to be operated by mears. Also it dropped us off on the far side of cirque, where the seem to be putting together another bus terminal.

Thanks

Scott c
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the buses being used are not Disney buses but chartered. Also, they do not provide for wheelchairs or ECV's. We used it this past week and they had to bring in a Disney bus for a man in an ECV. His wife boarded with him, but the rest of the family remained in the line. The bus then took off with just the two of them on board. His family did not realize that would happen and had to wait for the regular bus. Yes, we were dropped off by Cirque near the old west side bus stop. I wasn't expecting that and having to walk all the way back to the marketplace through some pretty thick crowds around dinner time.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the convenience of being able to go straight to DTD. Definitely not Disney driver friendly. The driver wasn't rude, but she wasn't nice either. Being dropped off way out in the boondocks was not what we were expecting. Hopefully if this is a permanent change, they will get Disney driver's and buses and a drop of at the Marketplace. It got mixed reviews from us.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of being able to go from parks to DTD. Wish they would do it from all parks but it would be great to go to the marketplace for shopping and eating,
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: