Quantcast How "available" are attractions when booking FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How "available" are attractions when booking FP+

I am trying to decide whether or not to accept a FP+ invite should I receive one, and I am curious if anyone knows how booked attractions are at the last minute (anywhere from 6 to 36 hours prior). If I were to post whether or not I could book an ADR at Chef Mickey’s once we get there and see how things go, we would all laugh me out of my own thread. But since FP+ is limited and so unknown, I was wondering if anyone has actual experience with the availability in terms of changing your choices the “day of” or not booking any of your choices until the night before.

Any boots-on-the-ground info out there?
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All I know is that in TESTING, if you decide to be part of the test group, you can STILL also use the standard Fastpass system.

So, no harm in accepting an invite. You can use both FP and FP+.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

And honestly, during the testing phase, there will be absolutely no way to know what the availability will be. It should be pretty open because the number of people using it is limited. But once it's open to everyone it might not be so open and last minute switches will be harder to come by.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    All I know is that in TESTING, if you decide to be part of the test group, you can STILL also use the standard Fastpass system.

So, no harm in accepting an invite. You can use both FP and FP+.
    This is a thought I was pondering, but I am not sure if you can accept a FP+ test without also accepting the Magic Bands, and my understanding is the traditional FP machines do not accept Magic Bands so if you go with FP+ your boxed out of FPv1.0.

I am also not sure you can, in fact, use both FP 1.0 and 2.0 at the same time, I thought I read that switching to FP 2.0 specifically excluded you from FP 1.0 usage.

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Until testing is over you can use both versions of FP. Once the FP+ goes live it will be the only version.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall hearing from someone who did the testing, in addition to getting a Magic Band, you still also get a physical KTTW card/park pass.

The new park tickets (RFID, "tap to enter, tap to pay") still have a magnetic stripe on them, so you can use them in the regular FP machines. Our tickets from our trip a couple weeks ago were the new kind, but we could use them in the FP machines. All the Magic bands are is a "link" to your ticket, but you still will have a physical ticket at this time (testing phase).
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere that this was a glitch. It is not intended to use both....
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that this was a glitch. It is not intended to use both....
    It's not a glitch. It's intentional for the moment while the new system is still in testing. If they have to take the new system off-line for debugging, etc they want guests to not have any issues so both systems are functioning for the moment.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It's not a glitch. It's intentional for the moment while the new system is still in testing. If they have to take the new system off-line for debugging, etc they want guests to not have any issues so both systems are functioning for the moment.
    This is good news. Thanks for the clarification.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

1.) You may have to ask at your resort for a backup KTTW card. I haven't heard anyone say that they automatically come with the wristbands.

2.) There is no guarantee that KTTW cards will continue to be issued to holders of wristbands as the testing goes forward. Members of the MyMagic Implementation Team have indicated that they are uncomfortable with wristband test guests being able to "double-dip" and use the paper Fast Passes along with FP+. It skews the test results and makes it harder to measure guest satisfaction regarding the whole MyMagic concept.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Since your KTTW card is also your room key, if they don't give you one, what do you use for a key?

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledraf View Post
    Since your KTTW card is also your room key, if they don't give you one, what do you use for a key?
    The Magic Band takes the place of the KTTW card.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    1.) You may have to ask at your resort for a backup KTTW card. I haven't heard anyone say that they automatically come with the wristbands.

2.) There is no guarantee that KTTW cards will continue to be issued to holders of wristbands as the testing goes forward. Members of the MyMagic Implementation Team have indicated that they are uncomfortable with wristband test guests being able to "double-dip" and use the paper Fast Passes along with FP+. It skews the test results and makes it harder to measure guest satisfaction regarding the whole MyMagic concept.

Which makes perfect sense to me
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

slightly OT but if you get a magic band instead of a KTTW card how does security check your car when you return to your resort at the end of the night? parking pass I guess? wave your wrist?
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    slightly OT but if you get a magic band instead of a KTTW card how does security check your car when you return to your resort at the end of the night? parking pass I guess? wave your wrist?
    You put your band against RFID reader. They're already working that way with the KTTW cards. No swiping of the card anymore.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar question...I recently booked my FP+ reservations for our trip on Sept 28. I noticed that the parades or shows (like Wishes, or Fantasmic) weren't available. Was anyone able to get FP+ for these things?
    Caitlyn

May 2005: Offsite
    April 2006: All Star Music
    December 2006: Pop Century
    May 2007: Offsite
    March 2008: All Star Music
    May 2009: Offsite
    May 2011: Offsite

Next Trip: SEPT 28 - OCT 5, 2013 @ AoA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post

My TA heard that everyone after Sept 1st at a few select resorts (AoA included) were going to be forced onto the new system, so I logged onto the MDE website and I could suddenly make FP+ reservations and customize MagicBands, where previous clicks of these links said it was not available to me.

I went to customize my band and read this:

Whether you have a MagicBand wristband or touch to enter admission card—or both—you are seamlessly connected to your reservations, park admission and other plans and purchases.
    So Disney is publishing the possibility of having access to both ticket media, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    My TA heard that everyone after Sept 1st at a few select resorts (AoA included) were going to be forced onto the new system, so I logged onto the MDE website and I could suddenly make FP+ reservations and customize MagicBands, where previous clicks of these links said it was not available to me.

I went to customize my band and read this:

So Disney is publishing the possibility of having access to both ticket media, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.
    No, I think you can easily have both a wristband and a touch to enter ticket if you didn't buy your tickets through a WDW package. If you buy your tickets anywhere else, you will have physical tickets. You can LINK physical tickets to the wristband, but you can still use the physical ticket to enter OR the wristband, but linking a ticket to a wristband doesn't mean that you get rid of the ticket. If you book through Disney, a package deal, then you would only have the wristband.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaityBee View Post
    I have a similar question...I recently booked my FP+ reservations for our trip on Sept 28. I noticed that the parades or shows (like Wishes, or Fantasmic) weren't available. Was anyone able to get FP+ for these things?
    We're going from 9/17-9/20 and made FP+ choices for each day, but, like you said, the fireworks shows nor the parades were available as options. I was able to reserve times for regular shows like Beauty and Beast, etc.
    2002: Off-site
    2006: CBR
    2009: POR
    2009: DL - Paradise Pier
    2011: POR
    2012: DL - DL Hotel
    2013: Contemporary
    2015: POR
    2016: POR
    2018: Contemporary

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: