Quantcast Magic Band Invite, when? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    When can you make your fast pass plus reservations? It's saying mine aren't in the selection window....
    I just made mine today and we are 50 days from checking in. I was able to make them for all 12 days we are there.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone who has been selected for the testing tell me what changed on your My Disney Experience page to let you know you were selected?

Right now when I go to the home page for My Disney Experience (where it says "Welcome Julie_Mouse!" at the top and lists my dining reservations by day for our vacation), on the right hand side of the page there is a box with the options "Manage MagicBands" and "Make Fastpass+ Selections"... When I click on "Manage MagicBands" it says I have to link them, and when I click on the button to link them, it just takes me to a general link your resort reservations/dining reservations/park tickets page. If I click on "Make Fastpass+ selections", it opens that box that tells you about Fastpass+, but the only things I can click on are "Connect with family and friends" or "Link your resort reservation and theme park tickets" (both of which I have already done). I'm guessing this means we haven't been selected yet? But I don't want to miss something if we have been selected! Any help appreciated!
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

For me, a box popped up as soon as I signed on letting me know I had been selected for the magic bands and fast pass plus....then there were additional links to click on to customize the magic bands (it said we had until 9/24 to do so otherwise we would get the standard grey) and make fast pass plus selections which wouldn't allow me to do so since we are 55 days out.

Where are you staying? They are only testing at certain resorts and only certain people are chosen.

55 daysssssss
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

So to make FP+ plans you need to be 50 days or less from your trip? Is it like ADRs, you can make them at 50 days plus 10 (I know ADRs is 180 days but I am using it as an example) if you are staying on site or do you need to add your FP+ each day?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey310 View Post
    For me, a box popped up as soon as I signed on letting me know I had been selected for the magic bands and fast pass plus....then there were additional links to click on to customize the magic bands (it said we had until 9/24 to do so otherwise we would get the standard grey) and make fast pass plus selections which wouldn't allow me to do so since we are 55 days out.

Where are you staying? They are only testing at certain resorts and only certain people are chosen.

55 daysssssss
    Thanks! We are staying at Coronado, and I see that you are too, so I'm assuming it's one of the hotels that has been selected for testing?

Anyway, I will keep checking MDE for any changes or pop-up boxes! 62 days to go!
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie_Mouse View Post
    Thanks! We are staying at Coronado, and I see that you are too, so I'm assuming it's one of the hotels that has been selected for testing?

Anyway, I will keep checking MDE for any changes or pop-up boxes! 62 days to go!

Oh forgot to mention that we are staying at Coronado AND art of animation.....we only were chosen to participate in MM+ during our stay at AOA....Coronado is currently not participating in testing . They may add it but as of now they aren't.
    55 daysssssssss
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdisney View Post
    So to make FP+ plans you need to be 50 days or less from your trip? Is it like ADRs, you can make them at 50 days plus 10 (I know ADRs is 180 days but I am using it as an example) if you are staying on site or do you need to add your FP+ each day?
    I don't know about the 50 day mark, but I made all of mine at one time & we are there for 12 days. I really enjoyed making them. It is very nice to know we will get to ride things and not have to rush to get to them. I also got fast passes for character greetings in Epcot & The Magic Kingdom, as well as for Illuminations.

The only thing I found odd was even though my daughter is 2 they had me design her a magic band too. For fast passes they know she is 2 because it says she needs to have a park ticket to get one, and don't include her in my choices.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

So if you are given 3 FP+ options per park do Illuminations and character greetings count as a FP+ option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie_Mouse View Post

Right now when I go to the home page for My Disney Experience (where it says "Welcome Julie_Mouse!" at the top and lists my dining reservations by day for our vacation),
    Hi

I have the My DIsney Experience app on my phone (iPhone 4s) and I think I am signed into it when I open it but it doesn't show my name or anything indicating that I am signed in (even when I actually DO sign in with my username and password)

There is a LOT to learn with this app. Is there a class (ha ha!) or at least an instruction site I can go to to learn how to best use this feature?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdisney View Post
    So if you are given 3 FP+ options per park do Illuminations and character greetings count as a FP+ option?
    Everything will basically be a FP+ option, including meet and greets...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: