Quantcast Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

Lately I am seeing a lot more good reviews for the Yacht Club versus the Beach Club. There have been a few complaints about the wear and tear at Beach Club and the noise level due to more kids. We decided we wanted to stay at an Epcot resort next trip due to the Food and Wine Festival. Going purely by pictures on the WDW website and other travel sites we picked out the Beach due to the decor, it looked more inviting and feminine to me than the other two decors. I asked for a full balcony on my reservation too. Now I'm second guessing myself thinking I should go with the Yacht club.

How likely am I to get a full balcony? We don't mind kids at the resort but were just wondering if it really is noisy or just people who would rather not be around as many kids. Is the Yacht club in better shape with furnishings that BC? Wondering if I should switch.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I stayed at the Yacht Club last December. It is a little more quiet and less congested than the Beach Club where I have stayed several times. We had a full balcony, so depending on the time of season you go, you might be able to get a full balcony. We also had a view facing towards the pool area some, which wasn't that bad. There is also a section of the Yacht Club near the Dolphin/Swan that is very quiet by the "quiet pool".
    (46) CB -91,95,08,13 (2)
    Poly-93, 01 Port Orl FQ - 97,98, 09, 10 Riverside 01,09, 18 Coronado -99,08
    BC - 01,03,05,06,07
    Dland 03 AK - 06 Pop-14,18 All Star 14,17,18,23
    Christmas at WL 06,07
    SS - 07,10 WL - 06, 07,10 Epcot 08,21
    GF 11 YC 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 DS 21, offsite 14
    Dolphin 21

Post Thanks / Like

Having stayed at both I can tell you that Yacht Club definitely felt quieter and seemed to have less kids. The number of kids, and noise at BC never bothered me, it's just less so at YC.

We were at YC last Aug. and thought the resort was in great shape. Didn't see any wear and tear at all. It's been a long time since our stay at BC so I can't comment on wear and tear there.

Given the choice we would probably pick YC over BC, but just by a smidge! I just like the quiet, cozy feeling there. And also prefer the dark wood and nautical decor over the pastel colors and seashell motif they have going on at BC. Just a personal preference.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Have not stayed at the Yacht Club in some time but I do remember it being quieter. I like the BC because it seems closer to the pool, Epcot and the Marketplace if you need a bite to eat or want to refill your mug. On the Down side it is the last stop on the bus route and that can occasionally be a problem. As for the kids, I enjoy seeing the excitement and energy they have, something I can no longer seem to muster! ;-). I think you're good either way.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think I'm just overthinking things again. I'm going to just stop worrying and be happy I'm getting to go at all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm just overthinking things again. I'm going to just stop worrying and be happy I'm getting to go at all
    You'll love it. I personally prefer the Yacht Club because like the decor slightly better but I would never hesitate to stay at the Beach Club.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again. I was looking at the pictures of the Boardwalk and its lobby is gorgeous too...I still like the BC room decor best though

Post Thanks / Like

Yacht club is definitely quieter. While the lobby of the beach club, and especially the Cape May cafe (character meals) are always crowded and bustling with lots of people and loud children, the yacht club is quiet & clean. I definitely noticed an older crowd as well. The Captain's Grill at the Yacht club is quiet because of its proximity to the Cape May Cafe. I guess everyone goes to the Cape May to take advantage of the character breakfast. Also remember the hotels are connected, and share a pool, and both a short walk to Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved our stay at both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. Our Yacht Club view was of Epcot and we could sit on our balcony and watch Illuminations. Beach Club was a shorter walk and still very nice. To me the distance difference isn't a deciding factor because when you walk all those miles during the day, does an extra 500 feet really matter. Both resorts are wonderful and they're in a great location.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy-4-disney View Post
    I loved our stay at both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. Our Yacht Club view was of Epcot and we could sit on our balcony and watch Illuminations. Beach Club was a shorter walk and still very nice. To me the distance difference isn't a deciding factor because when you walk all those miles during the day, does an extra 500 feet really matter. Both resorts are wonderful and they're in a great location.
    Sounds lovely, I do like the idea of sitting on the balcony to watch Illuminations. What view did you have? Water/Garden/Standard?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall what view we had, this was several years ago. My best guess would be garden view. Although, we could still see the lake as well. Originally we were booked at CBR and when checking in there we were upgraded to the Yacht Club at CBR pricing.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've just about decided if possible to switch to YC. I think the full balcony is more important to me than the color of the bedspreads. The reviews on BC are getting consistently worse lately sounds like a rehab is in order reviews for YC seem to still be good

Post Thanks / Like

Well YC garden view for my dates in 2014 are already sold out so hoping we love BC

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no worries mate!! We have done the BC a few times now and have no complaints. We enjoy the down-by-the-sea look and feel, and nothing seemed too dated looking or beat up to us. Good eats, great pool, convenient location....ur gonna luv it!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I was just a the Beach Club the first week in March and it was wonderful--no complaints about wear and tear or noise. The noise from kids is "deluxe resort level" noise, so overall much quieter than the values. We always note a full balcony request on our reservation and have always received it. I'm going again next week and the only reason we're not staying there again is because we wanted to try the villas and the Beach Club Villas are booked. So we'll be across the water at the Boardwalk.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Well YC garden view for my dates in 2014 are already sold out so hoping we love BC
    I think you will! I've had great stays at both Yacht and Beach, and while I do prefer Yacht, you cannot go wrong with either, IMO.

We had a great balcony at the Yacht, and the decor there is more to my preference as well. But my favorite stay ever was at Beach, when I was in a room in the furthest building by Epcot, and my balcony had a view of Illuminations. Plus it was so easy to just walk out of the building and onto the walkway to the International Gateway.

Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to keep in mind is, the YC had a Bette shop, but no food court.
    The BC has a smaller shop, but a food court.

Just to throw that out there.

Also I would ask, could the wear and tear complaints have come from the DVC side? The reason why I ask is we had several issues when we stayed in the villas in may (broken lamp, exposed rusty screw and loose towel holder in bath, ripped seat cushion with stuffing coming out) yet our friends that stayed at the Inn had a perfect room.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We have loved our Beach Club stays. Our rooms have always been in perfect condition. I don't personally prefer the theming at YC but they have the better gift shop and Captain's Grill is over there which we are big fans of. I prefer the BC decor and honestly, staying at one is essentially staying at the other. The hotels are literally connected and it's very easy to go back and forth to each side as needed.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The reviews were for regular rooms. A lot of the comments mention the lobby and outer areas seem to be kept up just not the rooms themselves. Maybe they'll work on the rooms before we're there we still have some time Karen did request full balcony on my request so I'm hoping it will be granted

Post Thanks / Like

I love second-guessing and obsessing about this stuff as much as you do, but your attitude will make more difference than a wear mark on a sofa. Don't sweat the small stuff. The YC, BC and BW are all a great location. It just cracks me up that the word "Yacht" makes one resort appeal to mature and the word "Beach" makes the resort a paradise for the wee ones. THEY are like THE SAME DARN RESORT! Take away the decor and you have like the same floor plan. They have the same awesome pool! The differences are subtle by non-Intercot standards.

If I were having a less than magical time I'd go to Jellyrolls or the Crew's Cup and order myself an Attitide Adjustment (2 parts whatever your poison is, one part sugar, one part ice). Repeat as necessary,but don't overdo it.

Seriously, you know you're going to have fun.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: