Quantcast Steak restaurant help please...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steak restaurant help please...

Hi everyone. We are going to WDW and I am trying to plan the dining. My DS wanted to go to a steak restaurant (Shula's) and I almost fainted when I saw the prices!! Now, I know they are "Disney" prices, but I can't see how we won't spend $200+/pp there (I was looking more to $100/pp or less). Any recommendations? And preferrably not in the parks. Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

just looked at menu. most entrees under $50. add side and a drink and still under 75 before tip.
    i hear good things about yachtsman.
    bull and bear at waldorf also.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Shula's aren't Disney prices, those are good steak prices...

Most of the Disney steak houses are the equivalent of an Outback Steakhouse. I didn't much care for the Yachtsman last time I went. I will say Boma made me a pretty good steak over the summer, but that was because of dietary restrictions. It wasn't even close to the quality of a Shula's...

Post Thanks / Like

We got a great steak (meal) at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. It was tender and cooked just the way we like it. My girls liked it so much, they asked if we can go on our upcoming trip! I just looked at the menu and it's $30pp.

Post Thanks / Like

We finally tried Shula's in June and it was worth every penny. We had booked LeCellier and I read so many different reviews to pay the extra and go to Shula's so we did.

Our check for 4 of us was about $650 but that included a bottle of wine and 3 cocktails. Also, DS18 had the 48oz steak which was close to $100 on it's own (it was his birthday). DH and DS21 had steak, I had the lamb chops which easily could have served 2. The sides are very large, we shared 2 and I think we shared 2 Caesar salads beforehand and 2 desserts after.

We tend to balance things out, the next night we had a light meal at the Plaza. If you can swing it, go for it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Shula's aren't Disney prices, those are good steak prices...
    Agreed, was going to say the same thing. Any high end steak house anywhere will be in the same price range. But you can get decent, if not the same quality, steak at other restaurants on property. You might not find a "steak restaurant" outside the higher price range, but quite a few restaurants offer a decent steak dish. Since you're looking for more reasonable prices, I won't suggest a signature venue, but Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, Raglan Road, Kouzzina, and so many other places will have something to offer steak fans.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My son got a decent steak at Raglan Roads a couple of trips back. I hear good things about yachtmans but that's probably at least $100 a person

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried Shula's but have had excellent steaks at both Yachtman's Steak House and Le Cellier.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Shulas is good, but pricey, but you can definitely both eat there for less than $200. All of the steaks are big, If I remember right, the prime rib was a 32 oz., and you can split meals there, but I don't recall the extra plate charge. Le celliar, the yachtsman, and the brown derby, were all fairly good, but outside of Shulas, the best steak that I have had on property, was the Filet, at the California Grill, If you time the reservation right, you also get a great view of wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Definitely a lot to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day, I used to work at a Shula's, not the Disney one. The steaks are good but I've enjoyed steak entrees at California Grille and Citricos just as much.

Gordon Ramsey's Steak in Vegas is probably the best I've had.

So much depends on the cut and what you enjoy. The all around steaks at Yachtsmen's are truly better than your average local steakhouse. Outback doesn't "age" their steaks and a lot of them are flown in frozen.

Yachtsmen's Porterhouse is actually one of the more tasty ones I've had.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Will you have a car and able to go off-property?

I got a *great* place for ya down in Haines City (about a half-hour southwest of WDW off of I-4).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Have never tried Shula's, but have had great steaks at California Grill. We thought the quality at CG to be better than our local Outback.

Yachtsman was also great, but it's been a very long time so not sure if quality is still the same.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've come to enjoy Narcoosee's over Yachtsman in our last few visits. And there's nothing like a good steak while watching wishes out the window! But we'll be taking in both in December. My wife wants to try Shulas. May have to look at changeing reservations to see if they live up to the comments above.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

BadBoyBill Guest

Le Cellier is exceptional and you could eat there for under $100 pp if you can get a reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

Narcoossee's has amazing filet. Very tender, perfectly cooked, and delicious!

We also love the filet at Cali Grill. Melts in your mouth and you don't need anything more than a butter knife to cut it.

I've always had excellent filet at Le Cellier, too.

And, NONE of these places can be compared to a chain steak place like Outback. I think Outback steaks are pretty "meh".
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I would not consider myself a "steak person" but I enjoyed the one that I had at the Captain's Grille.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We ate a Shula's in NYC and the prices are the same- the steak is really good. At WDW Narcossee's, California Grill, and most of the signature spots have great steaks. I always get a steak at Kona's and while it is not melt in your mouth perfection for the price the steak is very good.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I always get a steak at Kona's and while it is not melt in your mouth perfection for the price the steak is very good.
    DS21 still says one of the best steaks he had was for breakfast (steak & eggs) at Kona.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    We got a great steak (meal) at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. It was tender and cooked just the way we like it. My girls liked it so much, they asked if we can go on our upcoming trip! I just looked at the menu and it's $30pp.
    I agree. We though Yachtman's was too expensive. Captain's Grille served a very nice Rib Eye for a better price.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: