Quantcast New Fanatasyland not so Fantastic - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty difficult to judge an unfinished product. I mean it wasn't about jamming 10 new attractions into an area, but to open up and expand FL. I hope the bottlenecks decrease because it gets pretty tight in areas.

The physical aspects of it I think live up to standards but the experiences themselves feel a bit ho-hum instead of hi-ho. Also hard to say when the "gem" E-ticket ride has yet to open.

The Little Mermaid attraction could of had a different ride operating system instead of the mass -people mover burn em and churn em to make it a little different.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The biggest new "attraction" is a restaurant which admittedly is cool but come on ... it's a restaurant.
    As MK has very few sit down restaurants, and the majority of them are buffet/character meals, I think a non-character meal restaurant was sorely needed. We almost always went to a resort to eat dinner when in MK. For the first time in years, I will actually be eating dinner in the Magic Kingdom in October because there is finally a restaurant which my travelling party may enjoy.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Little Mermaid did not blow me away but I think it was well done.

I am thrilled with all the details at Be Our Guest. All the details are amazing and I love it!!

Story time with Belle is ok- with no little ones after seeing it twice it is not on my to-do-list next trip. The portal mirror is amazing!

And I love the way the new train station and that area came together. I just wish they would have kept Mickey's house and the garden. My kid's LOVED that area when younger.

All said, I think the new Fanasyland is amazing and am so glad my first walk through was with my Intercot friends last October!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I would say is that instead of a new gift shop, they could have added some sort of ride (or even put Mickey's house back) in it's place. In my opinion, it was a waste of space.

Post Thanks / Like

With all of this feedback, I cant wait until I get to finally be in new FL in October! It is going to be quite an experience!
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda agree with the OP. We were very underwhelmed by what is currently in the new Fantasyland. Here's hoping the mine train coaster blows us away.

I think each area was very well done. Visually it's stunning! I'll give them that.

The little mermaid ride was cute, but will never be a must do for my family. TLM is one of my all time favorite Disney movies, so I was hoping I would love the ride. I love classic Disney dark rides, but this one just felt boring, also way too similar to nemo over at Epcot. Maybe if I had toddler aged girls.....

We loved lunch in Beasts castle, and and I guess I can agree with MK needing something additional in the restaurant department. So no complaints here about that part of FL.

The new circus area is also very well done and visually gorgeous, but nothing new was added. It's just "pretty" to look at, and the lines for Dumbo are shorter and more pleasant, but nothing that can be counted as a truly new experience back there.

Then we have the all the BATB stuff, a gift shop, small food location, and story time. Again, while all very well done, overall it's very underwhelming for my family, and I would guess a rather large number of other guests. Looking back at all our trips since my kids were babies, I can honestly say the only thing that would make the new FL really exciting for us would be if we had small girls.

For us, and this is just MY opinion, the new Fantasyland is just a lot of pretty without a whole lot going on that will keep us interested for the long haul. I'm counting on the mine train being the "gem" of the new area. Otherwise it's a whole lot of stuff that's pretty, but doesn't add much to my family's vacation experience.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    The little mermaid ride was cute, but will never be a must do for my family. TLM is one of my all time favorite Disney movies, so I was hoping I would love the ride. I love classic Disney dark rides, but this one just felt boring, also way too similar to nemo over at Epcot
    wow me and dw loved this new ride, it's night and day better and different than Nemo. we thought the ride was done well, technically , song choice, the animatronics are terrific too (IMHO)

but everyone is entitled to have an opinion

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Considering what was there before, I think the New Fantasyland is pretty amazing. Can't wait for the mine coaster ride to be finished!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Opus X Guest

I agree with the above post. I guess i just can't understand NOT liking it...or finding it..."underwhelming" It is absolutely fantastic...
    Whilst...some folks...easily find the negative..or are debbie downers.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Little Mermaid, as a ride, was pretty underwhelming. We too had a very short wait time, and we were there the week right before Easter.

However, I find the land itself to be amazing. The theming is exceptional. It is easy to take the theming for granted because it is disney. In addition, the rest rooms on both ends of FL are amazingly themed as well with Rapunzel on one end and the train station on the other. I know - its just restrooms.

I am one of those weirdos that could just walk around Magic Kingdom and not ride any rides, just take in the atmosphere - especially at night.
    First Trip šš*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip šš*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip šš*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I can't wait to see it!

I am so looking forward to our September trip! One thing I keep thinking is that whenever I have been to WDW I have always thought that Fantasyland looked a little bit cheesy and not as fully themed as the other lands. It always felt more similar to the regular kiddie ride parks to me if you took away the spectacular castle backdrop. It sounds like this has been rectified.

I also just love walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. I am a bit worried that this year my teen age boy might not take to the new Fantasyland, but I suspect I will!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    It is absolutely fantastic...
    Whilst...some folks...easily find the negative..or are debbie downers.
    Just speaking for myself here. Just because I was not smitten with the new Fantasyland doesn't make me (or others) a person who "easily find the negative" or a "Debbie downer". I simply wasn't overly impressed with what I've seen so far. Of course it's fantastic to look at, but for MY family there isn't a whole lot of substance there that increases OUR vacation enjoyment.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that.
    I thought they did what they said and did it well. I was expecting a neatly themed area for families with small children. This is a much nicer set up than the old fantasy land, to me.
    I expect the Dwarf mine train ride to be for small children also.
    I also enjoyed the Little mermaid ride.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    I expect the Dwarf mine train ride to be for small children also.
    Well, not very small children--there will be a height requirement of 40 inches, same as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Love it so far. The theming is fantastic. You also have to remember it's not finished.
    Ditto!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Well, not very small children--there will be a height requirement of 40 inches, same as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    That's my understanding. It's going to be like Big Thunder Mountain, but the cars will each individually sway back and forth a little. So, BTMRR with updated ride technology.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    The only thing I would say is that instead of a new gift shop, they could have added some sort of ride (or even put Mickey's house back) in it's place. In my opinion, it was a waste of space.

.....almost seems to be a theme with WDW lately ...."When in doubt ...build something that sells something".

.....that's what malls are for.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    .....almost seems to be a theme with WDW lately ...."When in doubt ...build something that sells something".

.....that's what malls are for.
    Honestly, I don't mind the shops as long as they each are unique and sell something you couldn't find anywhere else. That used to be the case on Main Street, until they turned the entire west side of the street into one long shop. But the Belle shop in New Fantasyland seemed to have items unique to that location, which meant that I was seeing stuff I couldn't find elsewhere. That's at least interesting, even if I don't want to spend the money.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just there for the first time in 3 years last week.

The new Fantasyland is doing exactly what it needs to I believe. They are getting the princesses out there for everyone who enjoys them. My niece LOVED little mermaid, and I thought it was fun too. It will be come a classic for sure.

The mine train opening soon will really complete the area. Storybook circus was crazy cool too I thought. Well themed, barnstormer was fun, and I loved the big circus tent store with treats.

I wouldn't make it the reason I visited MK, but it was def. a nice new part that I enjoyed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gaston

The guy playing Gaston was really good. His interaction with children and grown-up guests was clever and fun!
    Gauis2001

Over 100 seperate visits since 1972!
    1st visit was before Space Mountain was built and we used ticket books to see attractions!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: