Quantcast DVC rooms - how many guests per category?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC rooms - how many guests per category?

Wasn't quite sure how to title this thread. I know by looking at the rental points chart that most DVC resorts have 3 categories (in general); Studio, 1 BDR and 2 BDR.

For most of them the 1BDR would say 4 guests and the 2BDR would say 8 guests. I did see a few where a 1BDR states 5 guests.

We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids 10 and under at the moment. We did a recent trip to a YMCA family camp and rented lodges. All of their lodges had a +1 rule. If the lodge said sleeps 7 (and the fee was based on that) you could always add 1 more guest for $100.

What I'm wondering, as a family of 5, can we rent points at a DVC location, 1BDR that says guest limit 4? Or are we essentially forced into renting a 2BDR unit (unless we do one of the few resorts that allow 5).

Thanks for the help. For our next, as yet unscheduled trip, we really want to try Deluxe categories for a change, and renting DVC seems like it could be a really good option for us, but I need to know if we are a 2BDR family or if 1BDR is an option.

Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone else will come along who knows more than me but I have stayed as a cash customer with 5 in several 1 BDR. For cash customers, the 1 bedrooms that have the pull out chair sleep 5.

We have stayed in Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower and at Vero Beach in a 1 BDR. I think Key West is also allows 5.

You can also do 5 at mosy of the Deluxes in a regular room but it is a bit cramped.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

As pp stated, BLT, AKL Kidani, OKW all have an extra pull out chair which sleeps the 5th. It depends how old your children are - we have been allowed to stay in the 1BR with 5 while the children were little - it is a queen size pull out couch which fit them fine. As they are getting bigger, however, we have found the extra chair to be a big bonus. You will love the 1BR - bring or pick up water and other liquids to take into the parks and breakfast items and you can save some significant cash!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    As pp stated, BLT, AKL Kidani, OKW all have an extra pull out chair which sleeps the 5th. It depends how old your children are - we have been allowed to stay in the 1BR with 5 while the children were little - it is a queen size pull out couch which fit them fine. As they are getting bigger, however, we have found the extra chair to be a big bonus. You will love the 1BR - bring or pick up water and other liquids to take into the parks and breakfast items and you can save some significant cash!
    So is it allowed to have a "5th" in a stated 4 person 1 bedroom, and then it just comes down to convenience, meaning, all the kids are teenagers and even if allowed, a 1 bdr doesn't work?

With the current ages/sizes of our kids, I think a 1BDR more than sufficient for our needs.

Post Thanks / Like

We have 3 teenagers and have stayed at 1 bedrooms at BLT, SSR, BWV and BC.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    So is it allowed to have a "5th" in a stated 4 person 1 bedroom
    Not unless one of the 5 is under 3 years old. As others have mentioned those that have the sleeper chair take 5, otherwise it's 4. The studios at the new GF Villas hold 5 also.

The 1 bedrooms at BLT and AKV also have the 2nd bathroom which is a plus.

Before BLT and AKL opened and before OKW added the sleeper chair they would allow 5 in the 1 bedroom for owners that insisted but would not provide towels or linens for them. Due to fire codes it is no longer allowed.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Not unless one of the 5 is under 3 years old. As others have mentioned those that have the sleeper chair take 5, otherwise it's 4. The studios at the new GF Villas hold 5 also.

The 1 bedrooms at BLT and AKV also have the 2nd bathroom which is a plus.

Before BLT and AKL opened and before OKW added the sleeper chair they would allow 5 in the 1 bedroom for owners that insisted but would not provide towels or linens for them. Due to fire codes it is no longer allowed.
    Lynn, they are still allowing 5 people in a 1-bedroom. I just made a ressie for Saratoga -- we are two adults, two teens (actually the oldest will be 18, considered an adult ) and a 9-year-old. I asked about the Boardwalk as well because we'll try to change our ressie at 7 months, they said they would allow 5 in the room, but linens are not provided for the 5th person. All of our names are on the ressie.

To the OP, though, that second bathroom in the newer DVC resorts that have the extra sleeper chair is a big bonus, especially with teens. We stayed at BLT and it felt like such a luxury to have that second bath. We're only looking at the Boardwalk even without the second bath because it's my kids' favorite.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the extra bathroom at AKV and BLT are a great plus. Even better with 3 bath's in the Two Room Villas!!

OKW gets our nod as the rooms are slightly larger than the other DVC resorts and laid out slightly different.
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Aurora;2368129\
    To the OP, though, that second bathroom in the newer DVC resorts that have the extra sleeper chair is a big bonus, especially with teens. We stayed at BLT and it felt like such a luxury to have that second bath. We're only looking at the Boardwalk even without the second bath because it's my kids' favorite.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone happen to know which of the DVC resorts have a second bathroom in the 1 bedroom?
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

BLT and AKL kidani.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    Does anyone happen to know which of the DVC resorts have a second bathroom in the 1 bedroom?
    And now Grand Floridian, too
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Californian
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    And now Grand Floridian, too
    Unfortunately that's one of the biggest complaints. They did not add the 2nd bathroom at VGF.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at a 1 BR at Jambo at AKL and sleep 5. There is a sleeper chair.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no cots or roll always. If the DVC you are renting doesn't have the sleeper chair ( for example: no chairs at VWL, BCV or BWV) YOU are responsible for bringing an air bed and all associated bedding and towels for the 5th person. Housekeeping will not provide, even upon request. Best to rent at OKW, AKL and I believe BLT...not sure about SSR. VGF (unless a smallish child as its a pull out which is part of the TV cabinet).
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    There are no cots or roll always. If the DVC you are renting doesn't have the sleeper chair ( for example: no chairs at VWL, BCV or BWV) YOU are responsible for bringing an air bed and all associated bedding and towels for the 5th person. Housekeeping will not provide, even upon request. Best to rent at OKW, AKL and I believe BLT...not sure about SSR. VGF (unless a smallish child as its a pull out which is part of the TV cabinet).
    Thanks Pirate Granny, and everyone else. Good to know that we have multiple options now as a family of 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Unfortunately that's one of the biggest complaints. They did not add the 2nd bathroom at VGF.
    Interesting! I wonder why not? With point requirements so much higher than even BLT, I'd complain too!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: