Quantcast Incredible, just incredible..... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    Some friends of mine decided to take the plunge and do their first Disney Cruise . . .primarily because it turned out to be CHEAPER than staying the same # of days on property for their family of 4!
    Wow, I kind of find that hard to believe. I've never done a Disney Cruise but have done Royal Caribbean and I know Disney is much more expensive. I doubt they are comparing apples to apples, cruising tends to have a lot of add-ons, taxes and excursions that are probably not factored into the comparison. Considering a family of 4 could book a room, even at rack rate, at a moderate for under $1500, seems hard to believe a cruise is cheaper. Take into consideration free dining or 30% room discount and it seems unlikely, unless they are comparing it to the Poly or GF.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Wow, I kind of find that hard to believe. I've never done a Disney Cruise but have done Royal Caribbean and I know Disney is much more expensive. I doubt they are comparing apples to apples, cruising tends to have a lot of add-ons, taxes and excursions that are probably not factored into the comparison. Considering a family of 4 could book a room, even at rack rate, at a moderate for under $1500, seems hard to believe a cruise is cheaper. Take into consideration free dining or 30% room discount and it seems unlikely, unless they are comparing it to the Poly or GF.
    It's very possible. Remember cruises include food and entertainment. 3rd and 4th passengers in thr same cabin pay roughly half of what the first two pay. DCL also has tiered pricing for kids. Infants pay almost nothing, kids 3-8 pay a bit more, 9-17 a bit more, etc. I can go on a 4 night cruise with my two kids for less than a 4 day, 4 night trip to WDW in a Deluxe hotel (because the DCL cabins are closest in comparison to Deluxe rooms). Its actually a significant savings to cruise.

Now, a 7 night Fantasy Eastern Carribean Cruise? WAY more than a week at WDW, but only if you have to go during a peak sailing season.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MouseHouser View Post
    After a day at the parks, I find it deflating to leave the Disney bubble and jump on the highway.
    This. I like to arrive and just be there. Personally I don't find the prices of the values and moderates out of line with other resort hotel areas.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    This. I like to arrive and just be there. Personally I don't find the prices of the values and moderates out of line with other resort hotel areas.
    Agreed...The values and moderates ARE NOT out of line with off property at all.
    As a matter of fact...when you include parking and resort fees...off property often, is MORE.
    And lets face it....A WDW vacation isn't a WDW vacation when you stay of property, Its just not the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cruise being less expensive also depends on how many children you have and what kind of resort you were planning on staying in.

We have three (soon to be four) children. We have to get two staterooms while cruising. A seven night cruise is not even close to being cheaper than a stay at Disney World. We almost always stay in value resorts and typically go during free dining so our food is included. Our last trip, including my MIL was around $3,000. I really doubt we could do a seven night cruise for that. Believe me, I have been pricing Disney Cruises for us for a long time.

But if you only have two children and can stay in one stateroom and usually stay at deluxe resorts a cruise is probably less expensive.

However, I agree with the OP. They are charging way too much for their value rooms.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Agreed...The values and moderates ARE NOT out of line with off property at all.
    As a matter of fact...when you include parking and resort fees...off property often, is MORE.
    And lets face it....A WDW vacation isn't a WDW vacation when you stay of property, Its just not the same.
    I have to agree with this. The prices on the values and mods are reasonable, especially when you add in the extra costs and hassle of staying off site. Plus, we consider being immersed in the magic part of the package and well worth it.

Now the prices on the deluxe hotels..... holy cow! I realize there are plenty of opportunities to get discounts, but those rack rates are eyebrow raisers. That kind of price tag ought to include something spectacular - like airline tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    nice point...something to consider.
    I recommend it as well.
    As much as I love Disney, and live really close. When we do our vacations, typically we stay off site so we can spend more IN the parks [mainly fun stuff for my boys].

We did stay on property about 1.5 years ago, however we did not pay rack rate either. I had a friend working there at the time who got us the Friends/Family Discount. We ended up paying $350 total for 4 nights at POP. And LOVED it.

I refuse to pay $100-$110 for a value resort. We are "saving now" for an on property vacation again at the Values. My boys are earning "change" and it goes into a change jar and I told them they could use the money once it's full, for that. But I'll be looking for deals still!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    Dvc!
    Agreed!
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

When we add it all up the price of a week at Disney for a moderate or value resort isn't any more than a week at the beach on the ocean block. It isn't quite what it used to be but the value is still good for what you pay.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

DVC does not make the room cost less for your average visitor, only a true Disney die hard who never wants to vacation anywhere else. I am not saying that it's wrong to want to do that. People's vacations are their business.

Speaking for myself and my family, there is no way that we can save money on a room by buying into DVC.

We go every three years and always stay at a moderate or a value. What we pay is probably close to the cost of three years of DVC dues. That includes our food and park tickets (not included with DVC) We also pay for the entire vacation upfront, only using the Disney Visa for the convienience and the rewards dollars.

We can also decide where we want to go on vacation every year and not worry about getting our money's worth of future vacations that we have payed for and not yet taken.

I know we don't represent the vaction styles of most the people on these boards but I don't think that the sticker shock the OP experienced would be eased by a DVC purchase.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You

Thank you........someone finally said it out loud!
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed on site one time and it was for safety reasons. It was just myself and my two dds who were a lot younger then. I just didn't want to drive off property in an area I didn't know with them. We had a great time at all star music. We just used it for a bed and shower. But now that we are older I like more amenities then a value resort. Also there is a lot of walking with all the the resorts. You do enough of that in the parks. The resorts are just to spread out for us. So we will continue to stay off-site.
    TRACEY

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: