Quantcast Parking at Boardwalk for Epcot?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Parking at Boardwalk for Epcot?

On one of the nights of our upcoming trip, we plan on visiting Epcot, watching Illuminations, then visiting the Boardwalk after. Is it possible to park at the Boardwalk then walk over to Epcot? I know there is a path, but just wasn’t sure if it was OK to park at the Boardwalk lot for 4-5 hours. We are staying on site so I am not doing it to avoid any parking costs. Just doing it because it would be easier then parking at Epcot, exiting after Illuminations then driving over to Boardwalk to park. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Parking at BW is for guests of the resort, people dining there and/or using the Boardwalk activites. It is not for those going to Epcot.

None of the resort parking lots should be used to visit a park.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

What Lynn said - and also think about how you'd feel to arrive at your home resort at the end of a long, busy day and find that there are no parking spaces because folks who were going elsewhere were parked at your resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    What Lynn said - and also think about how you'd feel to arrive at your home resort at the end of a long, busy day and find that there are no parking spaces because folks who were going elsewhere were parked at your resort.
    And I've experienced that at BW and Poly, especially. Very frustrating. But, Disney seems to be doing better at cracking down on the practice by checking reservation numbers, etc more at the gate.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Parking at BW is for guests of the resort, people dining there and/or using the Boardwalk activites. It is not for those going to Epcot.

None of the resort parking lots should be used to visit a park.
    Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    And I've experienced that at BW and Poly, especially. Very frustrating. But, Disney seems to be doing better at cracking down on the practice by checking reservation numbers, etc more at the gate.
    I understand what you're saying, and don't necessarily disagree.
    But I am going there for dining and using the Boardwalk activities, as well as Epcot. So I would be filling someones parking space either way.
    Only reason I asked was because I read this on Disney's Boardwalk page:
    Disney’s BoardWalk is a short stroll to Epcot
    Almost sounds like they are encouraging walking over. Honestly, otherwise I wouldn't have even thought of it. And when I read it, I thought it would be easier that way.

But points taken and I appreciate the response.
    I still may do it, but at least now I will park in the back of the lot and feel guilty about what I am doing. (Just kidding )
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW the swan and dolphin charge 15$ for non registered guests.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    But I am going there for dining and using the Boardwalk activities, as well as Epcot. So I would be filling someones parking space either way.
    As one other bit of info then - they have a 3 hour max parking time on non-registered guests. That includes if you're dining there.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

oh dear god
    YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS VAY, NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    As one other bit of info then - they have a 3 hour max parking time on non-registered guests. That includes if you're dining there.
    On that train of thought, and not to hijack this original posting, but is that timeframe standard for all resorts? We have Ohana ressies, and were thinking of staying after dinner to watch Wishes and the water pageant. Which three hours would probably cover all that, but just curious
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

At peak times they won't even let you park there unless you have a resort ressie. Those who say otherwise haven't been there lately. You may be directed to the "overflow" lot (by the Hess station) or you may just be turned away. Depends on events and crowds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianlw71 View Post
    oh dear god
    Exactly

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on where you are on the Boardwalk, you can get decent views of Illuminations right on the Boardwalk (or on the pathways on either side of Crescent Lake to the International Gateway). It's definitely not as crowded as seeing the show from the lagoon, but the views are not as good and you lose the musical aspect as well.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    On that train of thought, and not to hijack this original posting, but is that timeframe standard for all resorts?
    Yeah, the 3 hours is standard at all the resorts.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Even when staying at Wilderness Lodge a few years back and had our Resort pass in the window, they still only gave us a 3 hour pass for the Contemporary lot at the gate.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Flame away, but I've done this.

Last fall, we had dinner ADRs for Chefs de France. We were staying with friends (who had never been to WDW before) at POR, and had headed back to the resort for some downtime for the kids. We couldn't get everyone moving fast enough, and we were going to be late for the ADR. We could either park at the main Epcot gate and walk all the way to Chefs and be very late, or...we could park at Beach Club, tell them we were parking for dinner, and take the short stroll over through the International Gateway entrance to France. So that is what we did, showing off the Beach Club along the way.

They didn't give us three-hour passes, or look up our ressies or anything. They just waved us through.

Did I feel guilty? Yeah. However, it was in a down season and the parking lot at Beach Club wasn't even close to full, so I don't feel like we were stealing a spot from anyone else. And, when we were done with dinner, we walked back and got our cars and left.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

***MODERATOR ALERT***

The OP question was wether or not it was allowed per Disney policy. Let's not turn this thread into getting around the policy or it will need to be closed.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    You may be directed to the "overflow" lot (by the Hess station) ...
    Does anyone know if this lot is open to all?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

OP, I think you could do this "legally" by valet parking your car. If this info is wrong, anyone feel free to correct it.

By the way, I have been the guest staying at both the Poly and BWV who ended up having to valet the car because there was NOT A SINGLE EMPTY parking space. It's very frustrating to be a paying guest of a resort and not have any where to park other than paying for valet.

Same thing has happened before when dining at the Poly. We ended up having to valet after driving around the parking lot looking for an available spot. DH dropped the kids and I off so that we wouldn't be late checking in for our ADR, but still couldn't find a spot and ended up using valet parking.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    OP, I think you could do this "legally" by valet parking your car. If this info is wrong, anyone feel free to correct it.
    I wondered about this too. When they raised the valet fee to $15 in October the selling point was that you could park at a resort all day. There was no wording that said you had to stay at the resort.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianlw71 View Post
    oh dear god
    Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    Exactly
    Care to elaborate?
    Bern