Quantcast Flying with Harry

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flying with Harry

We are visiting Florida January 2014 and we are hitting Universal on Sunday of that week and doing Disney the rest of the week. I am a Harry Potter fanatic and I am absolutely thrilled and excited and plan to stay in the WWoHP alllll dayyyy!!! I have already told the whole crowd of 13 family members to just drop me off in the am and come back in the pm to get me hehe! This is my first time at Universal and of course in HP land...my brother in law and nephew are huge Harry fans as well and have visited before. They have done Universal before and both got very sick on the Forbidden Journey and they are thrill seekers and ride everything they can so I am afraid that I will get sick on this ride. But I HAVE to I MEAN HAVE to fly with Harry it is a must do so any advice or experiences from anyone would be most appreciated.
    [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][FONT="Georgia"]Jenny G
    Dover, NC

Senior trip 92 offsite
    ASMusic 5/2003
    Offsite Villa-2/2008
    CSR-11/10
    CSR-11/12
    POFQ-01/14
    ASSports-03/15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The first time I rode it I was fine, the second time I was a little

I would say do it. This ride does not have drops, it just whips you around and has simulated images as well as animatronics.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I have done FJ many times and have never gotten sick, but it bothered my husband the first time. Since then he takes a motion sickness pill about an hour before riding and he is fine.

If you are worried take the pill just to be safe.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I just did this for the first time in June and it was awesome. You sit back in the seat and there are dividers between you and the person next to you. I started feeling not too great at one point so I just sat forward to get some air and felt much better. I only rode the one time because it's pretty intense, but it was so worth it!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I have done FJ many times and have never gotten sick, but it bothered my husband the first time. Since then he takes a motion sickness pill about an hour before riding and he is fine.

If you are worried take the pill just to be safe.
    That's what I was thinking of doing...thank you so much everyone. I just didn't want to feel all day because I plan on seeing every part of WWoHP that I possibly can.
    Dover, NC

Senior trip 92 offsite
    ASMusic 5/2003
    Offsite Villa-2/2008
    CSR-11/10
    CSR-11/12
    POFQ-01/14
    ASSports-03/15

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! Well, this is the most intense ride I've ever been on. It's whips you in and out of scenes, all while simulating (on screens at times) the flying. Some days it bothered me a lot, and some just a bit. It depended on the day. Thing is, I have issues with Star Tours sometimes as well. Just be aware it affects people in different ways.

The thing that got me the first time I ever rode Forbidden Journey is that I also rode Spider-Man, the Simpsons, Men in Black and Dr. Seuss that same day. By the afternoon, I was so messed up. Blech!

Post Thanks / Like

Take whatever you need to take and do it!! It is the most incredible thing Ive ever ridden. Anywhere. I am not a huge HP fan, so if you are it will be even more amazing. I have tried to describe it to friends, but the one time I rode I couldnt work out exactly what was happening, I just sat there saying WOW! I am looking forward to riding again in October. BTW I am a senior citizen, and it didnt make me feel ill at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    . . . . The thing that got me the first time I ever rode Forbidden Journey is that I also rode Spider-Man, the Simpsons, Men in Black and Dr. Seuss that same day. By the afternoon, I was so messed up. Blech!
    Now that sounds like an AWESOME theme park day!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K8screen View Post
    Take whatever you need to take and do it!! It is the most incredible thing Ive ever ridden. Anywhere. I am not a huge HP fan, so if you are it will be even more amazing. I have tried to describe it to friends, but the one time I rode I couldnt work out exactly what was happening, I just sat there saying WOW! I am looking forward to riding again in October. BTW I am a senior citizen, and it didnt make me feel ill at all.
    I am planning on it! Loading up on the Dramimine and jumping on !! This is the thing I am looking forward to the most!
    Dover, NC

Senior trip 92 offsite
    ASMusic 5/2003
    Offsite Villa-2/2008
    CSR-11/10
    CSR-11/12
    POFQ-01/14
    ASSports-03/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by korkelsmom View Post
    I am planning on it! Loading up on the Dramimine and jumping on !! This is the thing I am looking forward to the most!
    You might look at Bonine instead of Dramimine. Bonine is not supposed to make your drowsy. One other suggestion, remember to drink a lot of water because these drugs tend to dehydrate you quickly (or at least I found that to be a problem).

Personally, I took the Bonine, rode the ride and still did not feel so steady on my feet afterwards (and closed my eyes in parts but I really cannot do simulator rides). However, I did jump right on Dueling Dragons after still being unsteady from FJ and that was clearly a poor decision on my part. I have found that I can ride the rides, but my body -- and my head and my equilibrium -- need a bit of recovery time afterwards. So, where my kids will ride FJ, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, etc. and then jump right on the ride to ride it again (and again and again - the true wonder and joy of Express Pass). I can ride once and then take a rest while they ride the second, third, fourth time and then I'm ready to move on to the next ride when they are done.

Have fun!! We really love Universal and WWOHP.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: