Quantcast WDW Should Charge EXTRA for FastPass+ - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    For example, my daughter and I may want to make a FP+ reservation for Splash Mountain. My son and husband do not prefer water rides, so they could use their FP+ option for something else. Will such a situation be allowed?
    If the way the dining reservations system works is any indicator, it won't handle splitting the party up well (if at all). I couldn't split our group up for a breakfast without getting human intervention for the second ADR. If they have figured out a way to split groups for FP+, I sure hope they port it over to the dining reservation system too. Having to call a human for each time your entire group isn't wanting the same FP+ reservation will quickly turn into a nightmare.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the clarifications. We don't go until Oct 2014 when this Fastpass+ could possibly be up and running and it was a bit worrying that rides could be "booked" and we wouldn't be able to get on anything. Planning like that so far in advance is not something we want or can do. Good to know we should just be able to turn up and either stand by or get regular Fastpass
    This system will be up and running by October 2014... But you probably won't be able to get regular FP if this system is fully functional... Once you agree to magic bands, you are out of luck with the current FP system...

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    I'm prefacing this by saying I have no idea what the process will look like to book the FP+ reservations.... But, I hope they take into account that all of the people in a room may not want to ride the same ride at the same time. For example, my daughter and I may want to make a FP+ reservation for Splash Mountain. My son and husband do not prefer water rides, so they could use their FP+ option for something else. Will such a situation be allowed?
    Does not appear you will be able to do that... Your media (tickets) will be linked together under one account (yours or your husband's)... So, if you buy 4 tickets, all four tickets will be linked to your account... The FP+ will be booked under your account, thus all four tickets will get the same FP+... If you get only two FP+ for Splash and then 2 for something else, that would go against your allotment of 3 for the day...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

So, no regular Fastpass when this new system is up and running?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if we know this with 100% certainty, but all indications are that the current FP system will be gone once FP+ is fully live.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the FAQ, when you get your Magic Bands and book FP+, you will not be able to use the current FP system... Which leads us to believe (plus people with an ear inside the hallways have said as much) that the system will go away... During testing, however, guests who are participating are allowed to use both...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Once the current FP system is completely phased out, it will be relatively easy for WDW to start charging for the FP+ access, or more likely to stat offering it as an incentive to those who stay on-site, while charging others for access. It's not that hard to see the future of where this is going.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Once the current FP system is completely phased out, it will be relatively easy for WDW to start charging for the FP+ access, or more likely to stat offering it as an incentive to those who stay on-site, while charging others for access. It's not that hard to see the future of where this is going.
    They have already laid the ground work for this... Reading the FAQ they clearly state that you will get 3 FP+ a day... And they then state the amount could differ depending on the vacation package you book... So they laid the foundation... Now it is just waiting for them to construct the building...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmmmmmm, no regular Fastpass? Seems a little unfair on those who can't or don't want to use it. Hey ho, on the bright side maybe stand-by lines will be shorter. I can't see hubby and I booking rides so far in advance so stand-by it is

Post Thanks / Like

on the bright side maybe stand-by lines will be shorter.
    Sorry to say that this is exactly the opposite of what is expected.

If you add more FP positions to a ride or add FP to a ride that did not previously offer FP (something that is happening at several rides,) the Standby Lines on those attractions would be slowed.

Post Thanks / Like

So if I live in Orlando and have an Annual Pass, I would love to maybe take, say, next Monday off and hit DHS.

Monday: My,my, what a wonderful day. Let's grab a fastpass for Toy Story. What? It's out? But it's 9:15am. OK, let's go over to Tower of Terror to grab a fastpass. It's all out, too? And so is RnRC? Sheesh, I guess we'll go enjoy Star Tours...... say what? Let's go to Universal.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Monday: My,my, what a wonderful day. Let's grab a fastpass for Toy Story. What? It's out? But it's 9:15am. OK, let's go over to Tower of Terror to grab a fastpass. It's all out, too? And so is RnRC? Sheesh, I guess we'll go enjoy Star Tours...... say what? Let's go to Universal.
    Problem over there is that you either wait in the standby or PURCHASE the express pass, which is where Disney is headed IMHO. of course with express pass you're not limited to so many rides per day and you dont have to book it 6 months in advance. I would think that since they (Disney) nickel and dimes everything now, they look down the road and see that Universal has no problem getting people to pay a crazy per day charge for express pass and wonder to themselves why are they "giving" fasspass away for "free."

with that said, if Disney was going to charge for FP+, how much could you charge for a limited number of FP per day (ie 3)? who would pay $20-30 per day so that they can book 3 rides per day, 6 months in advance? or maybe I'm missing something
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Problem over there is that you either wait in the standby or PURCHASE the express pass, which is where Disney is headed IMHO. of course with express pass you're not limited to so many rides per day and you dont have to book it 6 months in advance. I would think that since they (Disney) nickel and dimes everything now, they look down the road and see that Universal has no problem getting people to pay a crazy per day charge for express pass and wonder to themselves why are they "giving" fasspass away for "free."

with that said, if Disney was going to charge for FP+, how much could you charge for a limited number of FP per day (ie 3)? who would pay $20-30 per day so that they can book 3 rides per day, 6 months in advance? or maybe I'm missing something
    Once they start charging for FP+ (and they WILL) they will probably offer enhanced levels of FP+. Pay more, get more. Enjoy free FP's while you can. They are an endangered species, about to become extinct.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

Does not appear you will be able to do that... Your media (tickets) will be linked together under one account (yours or your husband's)... So, if you buy 4 tickets, all four tickets will be linked to your account... The FP+ will be booked under your account, thus all four tickets will get the same FP+... If you get only two FP+ for Splash and then 2 for something else, that would go against your allotment of 3 for the day...
    I was at the Disney site today looking for something else and noticed they now have a FAQ for Fast Pass+. This is what is says about booking different activities for your family. Hopefully it will work.

Q.
    I have children of different ages, and they like different attractions and entertainment. Does FastPass+ service allow my family to do different activities?

A.
    Yes. We want every member of your party to have a great Walt Disney World vacation—regardless of age or interests. When you make FastPass+ selections, you select which members of your party wish to experience each attraction or entertainment offering. If individuals do not want to share an experience, you can select alternate experiences for those party members.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I was at the Disney site today looking for something else and noticed they now have a FAQ for Fast Pass+. This is what is says about booking different activities for your family. Hopefully it will work.
    Nice find... Did not see that in the FAQ... Let's hope it works as intended...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find... Did not see that in the FAQ... Let's hope it works as intended...
    Fingers crossed that it works! : )

It might be new. There was a link in My Disney Experience that said Magic Bands that led to a FAQ. It seems like a small attempt to address some questions that are floating around. There was one on " spontaneity with Fast Pass +"
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Fingers crossed that it works! : )

It might be new. There was a link in My Disney Experience that said Magic Bands that led to a FAQ. It seems like a small attempt to address some questions that are floating around. There was one on " spontaneity with Fast Pass +"
    I admit, I only looked for the FP+ information regarding how many guests would be allowed to book (3 or 4)... I may have skimmed over that information... Possibly they updated the FAQ again with more information... Disney really needs to do a better job at getting this information out.. For a company which loves to control the message, they do a poor job of controlling the message...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Once they start charging for FP+ (and they WILL) they will probably offer enhanced levels of FP+. Pay more, get more. Enjoy free FP's while you can. They are an endangered species, about to become extinct.
    Rather unfortunate. They will slowly turn up the heat, as they do with everything else, and one day people will act as if it has always been that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Walt is turning over in his grave about this. DW was to be unique and not like the rest. I understand they are a business and must find ways to increase revenue, but they are tainting the experience. I hate to see that they are turning into Universal.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    I bet Walt is turning over in his grave about this. DW was to be unique and not like the rest. I understand they are a business and must find ways to increase revenue, but they are tainting the experience. I hate to see that they are turning into Universal.
    Um, Disney SHOULD want to turn into Universal... Who is doing it right today and who isn't? Unfair swipe at Universal... Universal is giving guests the experiences they want... Disney is giving investors the profits they want, heck with guest experience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    Um, Disney SHOULD want to turn into Universal... Who is doing it right today and who isn't? Unfair swipe at Universal... Universal is giving guests the experiences they want... Disney is giving investors the profits they want, heck with guest experience...
    What I think CU Tiger was implying was the fact the Universal charges for their Express Pass if you aren't staying at one of the Universal hotels, which is a revenue generator and he did not want WDW to go down that path charging for FP+.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: