Quantcast WDW Should Charge EXTRA for FastPass+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Should Charge EXTRA for FastPass+

Seriously. I'd pay real extra money to be able to ride TSM without busting the gate at DHS.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once Fastpass+ is in effect you will no longer have to be there at opening. That's the whole point. You'll just have to be online 180 days out to get your Fastpass.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Once Fastpass+ is in effect you will no longer have to be there at opening. That's the whole point. You'll just have to be online 180 days out to get your Fastpass.
    That sounds like a great trade off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    That sounds like a great trade off.
    No kidding. Now not only do I have to get up early before all the Fastpass times are gone, but I have to decide which park I want to be in 6 months out.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand what the OP is saying. Sometimes (a lot of times) you have to be there right at rope drop to be able to experience some particular rides or you are going to stand in line for 2 hours in the standby line.

My question is who knows what ride they are going to want to ride at a specific time, or sometimes even what park you are going to be in 6 month out?

Now I know you can make changes on the mobil app right up to the day of, but will it be like dining when you can't get anything because you waited to long to book? Or will you have to release a fastpass+ that you already have booked only to find there is nothing available for what you want to swap it for?

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    Or will you have to release a fastpass+ that you already have booked only to find there is nothing available for what you want to swap it for?
    It may be similar to the dining where they hold your old one until the new one is confirmed but who knows.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you mention charging... There were rumors (unfounded at this point, but when this was first being discussed, could have been credible) that FP+ would be a pay to play system... Now, reading the new ToS, seems like it may wind up that way in one form or another...

Per ToS:

The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.

Sounds like pay more, get more...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people already pay real money to get to the front of the line... I think it's a lousy idea !! That's part of the Disney excitement is getting FP's. FP+ is a bad idea.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

I do not like the idea of having to pay extra to get on a ride after paying 90+ to get into the park. I understand I may have to wait a bit for the popular rides and I do not mind the wait. I laugh with my family, talk about what we saw and what we sill do next . We play games that we make up in line and in some lines enjoy the theming. Having to wait a bit is not such a bad idea.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the idea of FP+ because if I would have to pay for it I would have to plan when I want my FPs 6 months prior to my trip and that can be frustrating. What if unexpectedly I must change my FP time during my trip? There's no guarantees they can change it and therefore my money is wasted. However if I chose not to do FP+ I have to wait in a long line because I could not afford the extra expense? Not worth it.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

They will charge for FP? The idea of getting them before the trip stinks also. Money will get you all the perks and trying to plan every detail will be a pain before your trip. Soon they will charge to book dining ahead........not the deposit but a fee just to hold the seating.

We plan our dining before our trip but I am always changing it once we get there depending on weather and crowds.

I feel so bad for families that only go once or twice when the kids are young- this is all getting too complicated and will be hard to navigate your planning when you not know all the options.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no, no. No.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I too hate running into the park at opening to those FP machines. And I'm not going to knock the new FP+ if I haven't tried it yet. But I would be super upset if we had to actually pay MORE for FPs. Not just for my family but for all the families that can barely afford the admission ticket let alone extra ride privileges.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't imagine that I will want to book the rides 6 months before I arrive. Even though I put together a loose schedule of which parks I will visit on which days, I don't always stick to that plan. Also, I may not stay the whole day in a park. If my fastpass plus time is for 3 in the afternoon, I may have left the park an hour or two before that because I decided to go to the pool or even just back to our resort or whatever. It's hard for me to imagine that I'll hang out another few hours in a park just to ride that additional fast pass ride that I booked six months earlier!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I for one will say that I will NEVER book a FP 6 months out... I might have an idea which park we want to go to based on the released hours, and restaurants we have chosen, but once we are there?? Totally a "go with the flow" family, and if we miss something?? No big deal, it's vacation.

But along with that - if on our next trip (after the upcoming one in August) I find that we can't get on any of our favorites easily b/c we didn't book 6 months out... we may not be back. I refuse to be pushed into planning every moment of my vacation, and being stressed b/c I have to make a certain FP time. We already feel that way about meals, I do NOT want to feel that way about rides. Blech.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't get the whole FP thing in the first place. I know everyone wants to ride all the rides in one day, but what did you do when there weren't FP's in the past. You waited!! To wake up early and run for a pass to let me on a ride is crazy (to me) If we get there and the lines are long we just skip that ride and check back later. I will not wait in a line for 1 hour or more for any ride. Nothing is worth waking up everyone to get a ticket to ride something we have been on tons of times. If anything it should be for the people that have never been to the parks and never been on the rides. How you would know that not sure, but it's just not worth stressing over when you are there.. That's just me by the end of the night the lines are always shorter anyway. Just enjoy the day and check on those rides for shorter lines later.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I refuse to be pushed into planning every moment of my vacation, and being stressed b/c I have to make a certain FP time.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I made the mistake once (once was enough) of booking three meals a day, various activites and events . . . it was a disaster. It was like being back at work and constantly watching the clock as I ran from meeting to meeting. If I wanted to be rushed and stressed I'd have stayed at work!

Nope, no way, never again. I'd rather miss out then lose the ability to be somewhat spontaneous.

And to those who suggest paying more for FP+ . . . with all due respect, why would I pay to wait in line when I can do it for free?

Going to be stubborn and dig in my heels and say "No."
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraF View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I made the mistake once (once was enough) of booking three meals a day, various activites and events . . . it was a disaster. It was like being back at work and constantly watching the clock as I ran from meeting to meeting. If I wanted to be rushed and stressed I'd have stayed at work!

Nope, no way, never again. I'd rather miss out then lose the ability to be somewhat spontaneous.

And to those who suggest paying more for FP+ . . . with all due respect, why would I pay to wait in line when I can do it for free?

Going to be stubborn and dig in my heels and say "No."
    I agree also. I have never been one to plan EVERYTHING we are doing in a day (at the parks) We tried waking up early when the kids were little to be at the parks early (by early I mean 10:00/11:00am) and that worked for a couple trips, but WE all hated it, so we said from now on whatever we get done in a day is what we get done. No more running from this ride to that ride. It worked out so much better. Also we would pick slower times in the year to go. That really helped. With a son that plays baseball year round we are always getting up super early and just decided on VACATIONS we wouldn’t put that on the kids, but I do understand that for some families this is their one and only time to go and they want to make sure they get it all in. I guess it all depends on your family, but preparing an agenda for vacation isn’t what we like to do.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    I really don't get the whole FP thing in the first place. I know everyone wants to ride all the rides in one day, but what did you do when there weren't FP's in the past. You waited!! To wake up early and run for a pass to let me on a ride is crazy (to me) If we get there and the lines are long we just skip that ride and check back later. I will not wait in a line for 1 hour or more for any ride. Nothing is worth waking up everyone to get a ticket to ride something we have been on tons of times. If anything it should be for the people that have never been to the parks and never been on the rides. How you would know that not sure, but it's just not worth stressing over when you are there.. That's just me by the end of the night the lines are always shorter anyway. Just enjoy the day and check on those rides for shorter lines later.
    Well TSM is over 45 minute wait no matter what time of year you go or time of day. It's just that popular.

I won't wait longer than 20 period. My park time is too valuable. If there is something I simply must do, it's done at park opening (or getting a FP for it). We just got back from WDW and I was able to get reasonable FPs for all the big ticket ride except TSM and RRC. They were out of FPs by like noon.

I just don't see why it's that difficult to use the current system. Get a FP, ride a few not so high demand things, use the FP, and then get another.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

TSM, 75 minutes right now on a Friday at 11:10 a.m. according to MDE. We have yet to get a fastpass or could not justify the 120 minute wait and kept moving to more fun! Maybe in October!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: