Quantcast LM Room Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default LM Room Question

My family is planning a trip for next summer. We were deciding on a suite or 2 LM rooms at AoA. I really think my grandson would love the theming of the suites, but I think we would have more room in 2 LM rooms. We walked through the cars area last year and he loved it. We really want to stay at AoA! For those who have stayed in the LM rooms or visited them, do you think that a 7 year old boy would be okay with the LM room? I am thinking that he really wouldn't mind, because he would love to be able to see and walk through all of the other areas. I would appreciate your opinions.
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in November and my nephew was 9 at the time. He loved the room/section. He found it very under the sea. The only Ariel in the room is on the divider curtain to the bathroom. Everything else is very generic sea / little mermaid stuff. Pull up pictures of the rooms and show him to see what he would think.

My nephew loved being at AOA and was disappointed we weren't staying there again for our trip this year.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't find it overly "girlie", so your nephew should be just fine.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

agree with previous poster - its not overly girlie.
    it has mostly teal color themeing. if he is a Disney fan im sure he will have a great time!
    WDW November 7, 1989 - off site
    WDW November 2002 - off site
    WDW November 4-12, 2012 - AOA
    WDW November 8-16, 2017 - AOA
    WDW December 3-10, 2020 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in a Little Mermaid and a Nemo Suite. I think a 7 year old would be fine in a Little Mermaid room. As others have mentioned, it more sea themed than princess themed.

As far as walking around, I don't think it really matters which section you stay in. From the Little Mermaid you do have to walk through the Lion King section to get anywhere, but you do not walk through Cars and every section goes through Nemo.

2 Little Mermaid rooms at 277 sq ft actually have slightly less room than one suite at 565 sq ft.

I think the most important factors is the type of room set up, the type of beds and the price.

The LM rooms are a traditional room with 2 double beds and a standard bath. The sink is outside and there is a privacy curtain between the dressing/bath area and the main room. It does offer more privacy that the suites and it less expensive.

The suite offers 2 baths- the master and a standard. The master has a large walk in shower. Both have doors. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and also has a door. The main area has the pull down bed over the table and the pull out couch. Those two rooms do flow into each other.

We travelled as a party of 5. My husband and I took the master, the kids the pull down and my mom, the pull out. It was comfortable for everyone.

We have also done two rooms before and that works equally well especially if you get connecting rooms.

I think either option will work fine.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your responses. They are greatly appreciated!
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: