Quantcast Stephicakes’ dining review 6/30-7/7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stephicakes’ dining review 6/30-7/7

ESPN on the Boardwalk: We actually ate dinner here 3 times as it was a favorite of the teenagers in our group and a quick walk from BC. The food was always good, no complaints. The servers were excellent but it was slow getting our food. One time it took 25 minutes just to get our cocktails which ended up coming at the same time as our food. Again not a major complaint as it was busy, but enough to be noted. Always a fun atmosphere and something to do if it’s raining out. As a vegetarian, I always enjoy their grilled vegetable sandwich and salads. And fries – let’s not forget the French fries!!

Martha’s Vineyard Lounge at BC: We enjoyed this bar on two separate occasions. It has a nice atmosphere for visiting with each other away from the hustle & bustle and gave us a place to wait out the rain. It’s a nice lounge for some quick drinks or a nightcap before bed.

Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT: This is a ‘must do’ every trip for us and it didn’t disappoint this time around. It is nothing fancy but I go for the atmosphere and just enjoy being in The Land. It was very crowded but we ate as soon as they opened so we had no problems finding a table. I love it there.

‘Ohana: We ate here for our big family dinner (15 of us) and really enjoyed it! I had read some mixed reviews so I was a little worried that it may be hit or miss with the food/service, but I was pleasantly surprised. I got some Kona coffee upstairs before dinner. We were seated at one of the long tables near the ‘fire pits’ where they cook the meat. And I ordered my first Lapu Lapu!! Yum! There was MORE than enough food to go around and everyone seemed happy. After learning that two of us are vegetarians the waiter even brought us a special stir-fry of tofu, corn, potatoes, green beans, and a delicious sauce even though what was already provided was more than enough. The atmosphere was fun - the kids and the game with brooms & coconuts didn’t bother us one bit. It added to the “family” feel of the place. Two thumbs up for this place! We even posed for a family picture in the lobby and saw the ‘torch lighting ceremony’ out front. All in all it was a great experience!! Amazing food & great service!

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe at MK: We ate here twice due to needing some quick nourishment while fighting the crowds in MK. I think the teenagers in our group liked it better than the adults. Nothing to write home about in my opinion. DH said the chicken sandwich was dry and the same went for the vegetable burger. I would not rush to eat here again – too many other places to try in MK.

Earl of Sandwich: Ate there on July 4th and it was very busy. After hearing rave reviews about this place, I was disappointed with the food. I really didn’t think it was anything better than what I can make at home. 3 out of 7 of us felt there was way too much sauce on our sandwiches/wraps. And when I say too much, I mean steadily dripping out of the bottom making my tortilla wrap soggy. Again, it could be because of the big crowds and the staff may have been rushed to send out large amounts of food. I won’t write it off completely and may give it another try in the future, but I was not impressed this first time around after all the hype.

Nine Dragons Restaurant in EPCOT WS: DH and I walked in hoping for a table and expecting a long wait, but we were seated immediately. We have eaten here once before in 2007, and again this restaurant did not disappoint. The servers were more than attentive and a manager was visible at all times. Our drinks came immediately (“Heavenly Clouds” was yummy!) as well as our hors d’oeuvres. Food was delish. I had the vegetable & tofu stir-fry and DH had the Sweet-and-Sour Pork with Lightly Spiced Spinach Noodles. We were both stuffed. We will definitely be eating here again in the future.

EPCOT WS: I won’t detail every snack we ate in WS but we always have a beer & pretzel in Germany. A grey goose slushy in France is a must-do for us, and I enjoy ordering food and drinks in French! So many places to try, so little time! We could sit & people watch all day there.

Tables in Wonderland card: Why haven’t we purchased this savings card sooner?? Holy Cow – this card easily already paid for itself on this trip for us! I highly recommend this card if you travel with a large party or eat at TS often.

Thanks for reading!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reviews!

I so agree with you on the Earl of Sandwich. Nothing to write home about for us either.

'Ohana is a great family place to go. One of my favourite dining memories ever was when a group of 12 of us went there for dinner. So much fun!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this, we are heading to BC next month! Excited.

ESPN is on our short list as we skipped it last time. Same with Martha's Vineyard, looked to stuffy for us. Now we may appreciate that quiet.

I concur on the Earl. It is a good cheap meal at WDW which is rare, but no better than a Quizno's or Subway imho. I would rather spend more for better food myself.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had some great meals!

I have to totally disagree about Earl. Their Holiday Sandwich and Caribbean Jerk Chicken are amazing! The bread they use is fantastic. DH and I make a point to have at least one lunch here every trip.

I would never compare it to a Subway (and I don't like the poor quality meats that Quiznos uses... very fatty and gristly). Earl is so much better!

To each his own, I guess.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews wish I was at ohanas now

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

OK, maybe I was harsh on Earl, it is a bit better than Subway/Quiznos. I am overseas so I would appreciate them all right about now. XD
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

We never miss Sunshine Seasons.
    Always get TIW now.

We like Earl of Sandwich better than you do. The prices are right for us after a few dinners of TS.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great reviews! Glad you had fun with such a large group!

Funny how tastes can be so unique. Earl of Sandwiches and Peco's Bills are always fav's of ours and we have been disappointed enough with China and Seasons to not return.

I guess that's why WDW is so cool - there is something for (almost) everyone.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. We are looking forward to getting back to Ohana's on our December trip
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again