Quantcast Disney in November

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney in November

So I am planning my next trip to Disney World for the beginning of November 2014...we have always went during the last week of August so I am not sure on the differences between the two time frames...anyone have any tips or anything I should know about the differences...Plus this trip I will be bringing 2 first timers so I want to make it the best for them as I can....any info will help

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, we usually go the first week of November however will be going the last week of August for the first time. So I have the same question but reversed! What I can tell you about November is that the weather is beautiful. It is not always swimming weather but the days are beautiful. Evenings can sometimes require a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt. To me it is ideal weather. I know this is a major difference from August which is typically sticky. As for the parks, Christmas starts to appear slowly but surely. Depending on your dates, you may hit the beginning of MVMCP and Osborne Lights. Crowds are very manageable even with the myth that is Jersey Week. We never waited longer than 15 minutes for the most popular rides. Smart touring is the key with any time of year. We love November. I am sure you will too. Because of the time of year, I think it is a good time to bring first timers.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning to make it for at least the 1st date if MVMCP. Part of the reason we are going then. We were a little worried because we want. Some pool time. We are from ny though so if its even decently warm it will be a heat wave for us. As for august I can say make sure you have ponchos and when it does rain don't stop. It typically passes by very quick. And yes it does get very warm at times. Crowd levels are not too bad. There were a few rides with long lines but nothing too horrible. All in all a great time to go. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there for the first day of MVMCP this year as well. This will be our 3rd November trip. We usually go Jan-early Feb, but we really wanted to try and miss the tour groups this year (at least the vast quantities of them), so we are trying November again. One year, the weather was perfect - low to mid 80's every day, and one year it was so brain melting hot that we didn't want to leave our rooms. The temps can really fluctuate, so be prepared for both cool and hot, and hope for something in the middle!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's what I was assuming but wanted to get a little more of an idea from people who have been there :-) I am super excited to see the castle all lit up. I think that's the best part for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisMom View Post
    Thanks that's what I was assuming but wanted to get a little more of an idea from people who have been there :-) I am super excited to see the castle all lit up. I think that's the best part for me.
    Back in 2010 my last trip I went the week before Thanksgiving and it was awsome. Weather was perfect during the day and cool at night. Try for around Nov. 10 or a few days later and the Magic Kingdom will be all decorated. Some of the hotels don't decorate until the week of Thanksgiving. Osbourn Light will be running also after the 10th or so. Check the Disney Web site for the start date or watch this web site and a few others as they post the as soon as the word is out. It is not to be missed.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips, thats what I have been doing is watching for the dates of MVMCP so that we can plan around that. Even if we can make it to the first date it will good for me. I am so glad to hear that the weather is nice at that time also. Being from NY we are used to snow and cold in November so we didn't know what to expect lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisMom View Post
    Thanks for the tips, thats what I have been doing is watching for the dates of MVMCP so that we can plan around that. Even if we can make it to the first date it will good for me. I am so glad to hear that the weather is nice at that time also. Being from NY we are used to snow and cold in November so we didn't know what to expect lol.

I get that totally! Us Minnesotans look forward to the winter months in Florida, but we consider 65 pretty darn warm!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

as you can see, i have only gone in november. i love this time of year at Disney. of my 3 times i have found only 1 day/per vacation to be cold/rainy. night can get chilly though so i suggest a packable jacket or long sleeve shirt if you will be there all day.
    since i have gone election week i have noticed the Xmas decorations have started going up in the parks towards the end of the vacation. this year im extending mine to include the MVMCP too!
    WDW November 7, 1989 - off site
    WDW November 2002 - off site
    WDW November 4-12, 2012 - AOA
    WDW November 8-16, 2017 - AOA
    WDW December 3-10, 2020 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes when leaving 20 degree weather im sure even 60 will be a heatwave lol. Thanks everyone foe the info. Im even more excited now....if that's possible!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: