Quantcast Day after Thanksgiving is it busy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day after Thanksgiving is it busy

We are planning a family trip right after thanksgiving, how busy is MK the day after Thanksgiving??
    Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Extremely busy. But, like all the busy times of the year you can still make it work with patience, have a plan, and use Fastpass.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

That whole weekend is quite busy. As Chris noted, you can still get quite a lot done if you plan what's important to you. I'd also recommend getting to the park as early as possible. The early morning hours are likely to be far less busy than later in the day and you can get lots acccomplished in those first few hours.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The coolest thing about the day after Thanksgiving is going to the parks and seeing that all the elves were busy all night long turning all the parks into Christmas time.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    The coolest thing about the day after Thanksgiving is going to the parks and seeing that all the elves were busy all night long turning all the parks into Christmas time.
    I know that used to be the case, but it seems lately pretty much everything is done by Thanksgiving week now with the exception of the CP and holiday storytellers starting.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it once, and it was quite manageable. If the kids schedules worked out, I would do it again.

Nothing like Christmas - New Year, which I will NEVER do again.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I am going this year during the week of thanksgiving. My first two days will be at Universal then Disney Monday through Friday. I usually go the last week of August which is very reasonable crowd-wise. What will Thanksgiving week look like in comparison? One website rates the days as 7-8 on mon/tue/wed then 10 on thursday and friday. I'm not sure how that translates into wait times and overall crowds. We are staying off property so we won't be able to utilize EMH, but I'm pretty good at planning and using fastpasses. My questions are about when fastpasses may start running out, wait times for non fastpass rides, wait times for counter service meals, single rider wait times, how much time to allow to get spots for parades and shows. . . . And just generally how crowded will it feel walking around in the parks. I can put up with longer waits but I hate that feeling of wall-to-wall people. I've never experienced a "10" day, so I don't know what to expect.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the beginning of Thanksgiving week will be quite doable. The crowds will certainly pick up by mid-week and Thanksgiving through Sunda will be very busy. I think you will be looking t 60 - 120 minute waits for the most popular rides.

No-one really knows what the state of fastpass will be at that time. However, if it is like the past, you can count on fast passes being depleted by mid-morning to noonish on the most poular fast-pass attractions.

Disney typically opens up more quick service dining venues when things get really busy so I'd guess quick service lines will move along pretty quickly - though you may want to plan on eating during off times (before or after the peak lunch or dinner times).

For parades and fireworks, I've seen folks grab spots 2-3 hours ahead of time during very busy seasons.

The experience of crowds will vary from park to park. Parks like Epcot tend to handle crowds better so don't feel as bad as some of the other parks. I haven't experienced Disney World during a very busy time since Fantasyland expanded - that extra space may help mitigate some of the terrible crowding that occurred in the Fantasyland area.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: