Quantcast Guilty pleasures (or not so guilty )of summer TV viewing - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by Scar

I can honestly say I'm not guilty about anything I watch (except maybe the Mets, but that's not a pleasure. )
    So true!!

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Our friend got us hooked on Hell's Kitchen. We had never watched before. Now we are big Gordon Ramsay fans and are also watching Master Chef, and have been watching old Kitchen Nightmares episodes on Netflix.

Bar Rescue with John Taffer is another one we love.
    I love Gordon Ramsey. I got a bit tired of Hell's Kitchen but I've been enjoying Master Chef. I watched Bar Rescue once. I'll have to check for it. Travel Channel used to have a Hotel Impossible show that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm another proud guilty pleasure viewer of the Real Housewives of everywhere. So now I'm watching New Jersey and Orange County, and Miami starts in August I think. I also get into a lot of the Bravo shows, but Newlyweds, I just couldn't. Same goes for the Princesses: Long Island. Those girls are boring and ridiculous. Can't wait for Interior Therapy to start back up, and also Property Envy. Love me some Jeff Lewis, and Jenny and Zoila.

On HGTV, I'll watch House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, Property Virgins and Property Brothers whenever I see they are on. Fun shows!

On network TV, only thing I'm watching now is my summer staple - Big Brother.

Fun thread!
    Bravo really is my go to station for fun shows. I like Interior Therapy too. We also watch Million Dollar Listing sometimes. Always fill of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    . . .

We typically watch more food related shows. Whether its Hell's Kitchen, Cake Boss, Diners, Dives and Drive ins, Man V Food etc.

Don't know why I'm always hungry?
    LOL. MY husband was just wondering why he is always hungry at night after watching food related shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I still enjoy watching those shows too, except that I've gotten away from Property Brothers. It's formulaic (like all the HGTV shows), but at an hour it is too long, IMO. But I will be watching their Brother vs. Brother. Have you seen that new show, Hawaiian Life?
    I've seen Hawaiian Life once. Do you like it? I agree on the HGTV shows. I like them but they are so staged. I could do without all the fake drama.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    We also watch Million Dollar Listing sometimes. Always fill of drama.
    Oh yeah, I love MDL. Watching NY right now. That Fredrik is something else. But I'm anxious for LA to start. Just like the real estate out there so much more. And Mikey (Josh Altman's assistant) is a childhood friend/neighbor of mine. He's much younger than me, but I was friend's with his sisters. In fact, his oldest sister was my roommate one year at Appalachian.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Hawaiian Life once. Do you like it? I agree on the HGTV shows. I like them but they are so staged. I could do without all the fake drama.
    I do like it. HGTV stages so many of their shows in Canada, it's nice to see something different.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Hawaiian Life. It would make me want to go back to Hawaii really bad, me thinks.

I still like Property Brothers, but I will say, because of the 1 hour runtime, I can't sit and watch show after show.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Gordon Ramsey. I got a bit tired of Hell's Kitchen but I've been enjoying Master Chef.
    I'm a big fan of Gordon as well, but the current season of Hell's Kitchen that is winding down now, is almost enough to put me off. HK has seriously become one of the most routine, predictable and cookie cutter series that I've ever seen. This season has to be its worst. If you have BBCA, look up Gordon there. His British version of Kitchen Nightmares is much better, plus you have his "F Word (f=food)" and other shows. He's not nearly so hyper and loud and they don't pander to reality tv audiences as much as his US shows do.

Post Thanks / Like

What's nice to some extent is that cable tv offers legitimate summer programming now. So it isn't really a guilty pleasure for me.

Watching now:

Falling Skies (TNT)
    Copper (BBCA original)

Catching/Caught up on:

True Blood - just finished season 5
    Game of Thrones - will start season 3 soon
    Orphan Black (BBCA original series)

Otherwise the old DVR is actually fairly empty for a change.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm catching up on two different series (Thanks to Amazon Instant) that are on two completely different ends of the spectrum: Justified (Think Dirty Harry but in rural Kentucky) and Downton Abbey.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't turned on a TV since before Memorial Day, just too many fun things to do outdoors this time of year!

Once college football season comes around however you can book me for a good 10 hrs a week of college games.

Post Thanks / Like

Catfish and Whodunnit are interesting. I think the killer may be Chris.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    I'm catching up on two different series (Thanks to Amazon Instant) that are on two completely different ends of the spectrum: Justified (Think Dirty Harry but in rural Kentucky) and Downton Abbey.
    Andy, you have my admiration for watching Downtown Abbey. I think my husband would enjoy it also, but he's hung up on Duck Dynasty (his guilty pleasure) and won't even try watching it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Andy, you have my admiration for watching Downtown Abbey. I think my husband would enjoy it also, but he's hung up on Duck Dynasty (his guilty pleasure) and won't even try watching it.
    I too enjoy Duck Dynasty, but DGF has no interest as she isn't much of a TV watcher. Oddly, the one "guilty pleasure" show we do agree on is Pawn Stars. We even try to guess the offer on the items before they're made.

As for getting him into Downton, you can't beat the pilot with the future of the estate literally sinking before your very eyes. It could also be the history buff in me, but who knows.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good heavens, did I really post Downtown Abbey in my post? My pet peeve! Must have been auto-correct.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite guilty pleasure TV shows (summer edition)-

- The Glades
    - The Newsroom
    - Multiple HGTV shows:
    -My first Place
    -My First Sale
    -Property Virgins
    -House Hunters (both US and International)

Some of the things people point out as important when looking for a house on these shows are so funny. I found it to be true when I was selling my condo, as I'm sure people are influenced by these shows. Some of the things people said in critiquing my condo were hilarious, such as they didn't like having to climb the stairs to get to the unit. What part of "upper level condo" did you not understand!?
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Honestly though, I love watching the Netflix streaming of older shows, like X Files, Battlestar Galactica...
    Ha! I love Netflix streaming..I only get 4 stations on regular TV..and I refuse to pay for cable-so Netflix is my standby.
    If you like SiFi/Comedy/Drama....all rolled into 1 check out Eureka-I got so hooked I watched 5 season in 2 weeks!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    My favorite guilty pleasure TV shows (summer edition)-

- The Glades
    - The Newsroom
    - Multiple HGTV shows:
    -My first Place
    -My First Sale
    -Property Virgins
    -House Hunters (both US and International)

Some of the things people point out as important when looking for a house on these shows are so funny. I found it to be true when I was selling my condo, as I'm sure people are influenced by these shows. Some of the things people said in critiquing my condo were hilarious, such as they didn't like having to climb the stairs to get to the unit. What part of "upper level condo" did you not understand!?
    Haha! I know that gets me too!!
    When they walk into a house that has all their criteria and under budget but say "I don't like the paint color" really??!!!
    That stuff can be changed.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Haha! I know that gets me too!!
    When they walk into a house that has all their criteria and under budget but say "I don't like the paint color" really??!!!
    That stuff can be changed.
    Yes, the things that "tick their boxes" can also be pretty humorous sometimes. Makes me wonder--if people didn't watch shows like this, would they know that they are supposed to want granite countertops, stainless-steel appliances and wood floors? Probably not.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

What has me laughing is the number of people with a budget of $1.95 expecting to get all the granite, stainless steel and wood floors. And then they blame it on the poor realtor.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching a lot of Bravo. I love the Housewives, Jeff Lewis, and I've found myself watching Princesses: Long Island and a show about a yacht crew. I can honestly say I don't like either of the two but I can't stop watching. Now that Mad Men is done for the season and Sherlock isn't coming back anytime soon, I'm stuck with ****! I'm grateful for Netflix though. It feeds my British TV addiction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMaryPoppins View Post
    I'm grateful for Netflix though. It feeds my British TV addiction.
    If you are an Inspector Morse/Lewis fan, there is a new series starting up on PBS called "Endeavour" (Inspector Morse's first name). It's set in the 60's when Morse is just starting out as a Constable, and it is very good!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: