Quantcast What's Good That You've Read Lately?...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's Good That You've Read Lately?...

Taking a little trip to visit cousins and have a relaxing week. Would love to take a good book along for the plane ride and suntime. I loved Twilight series, but not up for much gorey stuff otherwise. Enjoy a good mystery, romance.... Ideas anyone?.....
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Twilight too and would also recommend the Divergent series and the Maze Runner series. I'm a fan of young adult fiction even though I'm an "old lady" according to my teensagers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denidale View Post
    I liked Twilight too and would also recommend the Divergent series and the Maze Runner series. I'm a fan of young adult fiction even though I'm an "old lady" according to my teensagers!
    Wow! Your first post! I'm honored! Welcome to Intercot---lots of fun and nice Disney people here. Thanks, I will check these out!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

No 1 ladies detective agency. There are about 10 books. While I cannot read anything else that Alexander McCall Smith writes, this series enchants me.

I have not read it yet but Dorthea Benton Frank has a new book out. I love everything else she has written.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    I have not read it yet but Dorthea Benton Frank has a new book out. I love everything else she has written.
    Googled her--these books appear to be kind of along the lines I'm looking for.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I recently read the ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman and loved it
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading Carl Hiaasen's Bad Monkey, but I had to stop to get back to writing my own book, which is due today and not done yet. So...why am I here?

I'm waiting to read Revenge Wears Prada, the sequel to Devil. And also loving the Phillipa Gregory Tudor historicals now.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading the Wicked Years books by Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Son of a Witch, A Lion Among Men, and Out of Oz.) Wicked is the book that the musical is based off of. I've just started the 3rd one. They're interesting and something completely different.
    Last edited by clausjo; 07-01-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Spelling and remembered the name of the last book in the series
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

I love all of Phillipa Gregory's novels. If you enjoy historical dramas/romances you'll like her books. She's easy ready.

Jodi Picoult is always a safe bet too.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I was reading Carl Hiaasen's Bad Monkey, but I had to stop to get back to writing my own book, which is due today and not done yet. So...why am I here?.
    Alright, I've seen over and over that you're a writer, or that you're attending conventions for the like. I must ask, what genre do you write? What titles have you written? You have my interest piqued.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    Alright, I've seen over and over that you're a writer, or that you're attending conventions for the like. I must ask, what genre do you write? What titles have you written? You have my interest piqued.
    I'm working on my seventh novel now, which is going to be a historical romance, a three book series set in Edwardian England (like Downton Abbey). I've written women's fiction, historical romance, paranormal romance, and horror/comedy/sci-fi. That last combination comes in because booksellers seem to disagree on where to place my last two books on shelves. They were my most successful, sometimes called "classic mash-ups." Jane Slayre, for instance, was Jane Eyre reimagined with Jane as a vampire slayer. Not for everyone, but it was a fun project for me.

You can find me on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, any online bookseller, or my own website has a link on my profile here. I publish under Sherri Browning, Sherri Erwin, or Sherri Browning Erwin. And don't forget you can use the Amazon link through Intercot to buy books (which helps this site). I'm not the only writer around here, but I won't out anyone. I guess I tend to offer personal info more than I realized.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

If you enjoyed the Twilight series you might like the Hunger Games series. I read both and liked Hunger Games much more.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clausjo View Post
    I've been reading the Wicked Years books by Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Son of a Witch, A Lion Among Men, and Out of Oz.) Wicked is the book that the musical is based off of. I've just started the 3rd one. They're interesting and something completely different.
    These sound interesting to me. We are getting ready to take a looong road trip and I will have some reading time in the next 2-3 weeks. A trip to the bookstore might be in order!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone read Life After Life by Kate Atkinson yet? It has been getting some good buzz and looks interesting. A woman keeps reliving her life until she gets it right.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Has anyone read Life After Life by Kate Atkinson yet? It has been getting some good buzz and looks interesting. A woman keeps reliving her life until she gets it right.
    Haven't read it but (and apologies for this )

it's a horror story, right?

Just a bit of a joke; some days are hard enough going through once.

Can't help with any book titles - I'm in a Richard Stark/Sam Eastland rut currently. With some Anne Perry (Monk series) thrown in occasionally.

Btw, love Hiaasen.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess_mom View Post
    Taking a little trip to visit cousins and have a relaxing week. Would love to take a good book along for the plane ride and suntime. I loved Twilight series, but not up for much gorey stuff otherwise. Enjoy a good mystery, romance.... Ideas anyone?.....
    Not sure if my response is too late for your trip or not, but check out "On the Island" by Tracy Garvis-Graves. Good story line and very fast read. Anyone I have recommended it to has loved it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PCruzer View Post
    Not sure if my response is too late for your trip or not, but check out "On the Island" by Tracy Garvis-Graves. Good story line and very fast read. Anyone I have recommended it to has loved it!
    Thanks! Glad to see these are still rolling in even after my trip! Thanks to my Disney pals here I've discovered Dorothea Benton Frank, finished my first book of hers, and have already checked out two more! Right on it, Disney Obsessed! Thanks so much~I love her style! I am grateful for all these suggestions and enjoying checking them all out! Will bring some on my upcoming Disney trip for pool time!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome!

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just finished THE LONG GREY LINE by Rick Atkinson. It's about the West Point class of 1966.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: