Quantcast Picking out rental car at MCO

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picking out rental car at MCO

We will be renting from Alamo. We have always gone to the counter and talked with them before getting our rental car. They have always given a couple options. This time, I think we are going to check-in ahead of time and print off our confirmation. I understand we can go straight to the Alamo lot at MCO, paperwork in hand, and pick our a car in the category we rented. Is it that easy? And I understand Alamo is on both Sides A and B of the airport correct? Any other tips would be great. Thanks!
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep its pretty easy to do. You can bypass the counter altogether which we did In early June this year. When you check-in online you can choose the bypass the counter option. You have to print out the the bypass the counter voucher on your printer before you go. I had a little trouble getting the bypass the counter option to work before I went. I had to do it about 10 times before it worked so if you have trouble just keep trying. It might of been a computer glitch with there website. Other than that it was a piece of cake. They are on both sides of the airport. Just go to the garage, choice your car in your class and drive off the lot with a stop at the check out window.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the layout of MCO, but we will be flying Southwest (which I thought was Terminal A - level 3). We need to pick up our luggage (which I thought was also Terminal A - level 2). Then we go to wherever the rental cars are (I assume level 1). Did I get that right?

Is the Alamo garage obvious to see? I just want to know exactly where I am going. Thanks.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    I can't remember the layout of MCO, but we will be flying Southwest (which I thought was Terminal A - level 3). We need to pick up our luggage (which I thought was also Terminal A - level 2). Then we go to wherever the rental cars are (I assume level 1). Did I get that right?
    That's pretty much it. After you collect your luggage, go down to level 1and follow the signs for the Rental Car counters. Southwest baggage claim is at one end of the terminal, and the entrance to the garage is closer to the other end. Go out the doors across from the Alamo counter and the garage is directly across the street. Just follow the signs. It's really very simple.

Enjoy!

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We have always rented from National or Alamo at the airport. We are club card holders so check in on line and just go out to the car isle and pick our car out. FYI...this last time we rented our car we found that it was a lot cheaper to rent from the Car Care Center at WDW. You are not charged for all the airport fees. Took the Disney bus to the hotel and Alamo picked us up. It is just as cheap to turn in at the airport after. Don't know why that is so In September when we go we will rent on property and return to the airport.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-OR View Post
    We have always rented from National or Alamo at the airport. We are club card holders so check in on line and just go out to the car isle and pick our car out. FYI...this last time we rented our car we found that it was a lot cheaper to rent from the Car Care Center at WDW. You are not charged for all the airport fees. Took the Disney bus to the hotel and Alamo picked us up. It is just as cheap to turn in at the airport after. Don't know why that is so In September when we go we will rent on property and return to the airport.
    Good to know, as I have been pricing for September. I actually found a really good deal from Enterprise through a Costco membership renting at the airport in May, but no such luck this time around. I will have to look @ the car care center. Do you still book that thru the Alamo website?
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to Universal first so we need to rent our car from the Airport, unless we take a taxi or car service from the Airport to Universal and then rent a car so that we can do some shopping (DD wants to go to some outlets) before going to WDW.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC