Quantcast Activities at Kidani

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities at Kidani

We are going to Kidani for a 5 nights with a Savana view. We are not visiting the parks on this trip, but instead plan to enjoy the resort, pools, do a few character meals at hotels, etc. We took this same kind of trip when our oldest was 1, but since he was too young for many of the activities around the resort, I didn't pay much attention. I know they often have games at the pool, story telling etc, but can anyone give me a rundown of activities they have taken part in, what was the best, what we should skip, etc. our boys are 4.5 and 2.5. Thanks

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

AKL Kidani (as well as Jambo) have all sorts of activities. It's been a while, but I remember stumbling across a 'Make a picture frame' session one time at Jambo. Nothing great, but nice for a free activity to keep people busy.

The resort is my favorite. We're actually staying there ths summer before our cruise. No plans for entering Disney parks, we were going to do Universal (added Legoland too), but plan on spending time at the resort just doing resort stuff.

Each part has their own activities, so check both and decide. The pool at Kidani I think is better, but Jambo has a nice playground near theirs. I'm pretty sure you can use either pool if you are staying at either hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a schedule they print up with activities for Kidani and Jambo. There are crafts, coloring and board games to check out at Community Hall at Kidani. There are lots of games at the pool, both Kidani and Jambo. You can go to the night time animal watching and use their night vision goggles. There are movies showing each night. They have African storytellers and marshmallow roasting. Kingpin, a pin trader, comes to Jambo. You can check out the pin trading boards at community hall and the stores plus the check-in has a book of pins. They sometimes do caricatures at Jambo. You can check out DVDs at the stores. We were pretty far from the lobby our last stay, so we found a shortcut to the pool and refilled our mugs there. They have some lunch items until 5 but you can get drinks until 9, I think. Since there is no counter service at Kidani besides the pool bar, we went several times. Go to different viewing areas to see different types of animals. We didn't have cool animals, we had cows. Ankole cattle, to be exact with some Tommie's, a lone okapi and some birds. Eh...we saw the cooler animals like giraffes and zebras in the lobby/community hall area.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storytime by the fire

The one thing among the many I love about AKL and Kidani is the story time by the fire. Especially in winter months. They really do a nice job.

My daughter 11 now (a few years ago) did a "make your own mask" craft on a rainy day while I sat and enjoyed the cast member interacting with her. She was marvelous. Asking her to pick a Swahili (sp?) name and telling her all kinds of things about Africa. My daughter can still remember all about it. Before I knew it, we had a beautiful mask that adorns our sun room wall. The CM was so outstanding, I even posted it in my survey. I cannot remember her name now but I made sure she got praised on the survey.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)