Quantcast Fast Pass +

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Pass +

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass +

I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to this yet, but here goes. I was reading on another site how they think the Fast Pass + will work. Basically choosing your fast pass for attractions before you even get to DW. Does Disney plan on eliminating the 'old fast pass' system completely. As it is, I am bummed that I have to make dining reservations so soon, now will I have to plan which park I plan on visiting in advance?
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to this yet, but here goes. I was reading on another site how they think the Fast Pass + will work. Basically choosing your fast pass for attractions before you even get to DW. Does Disney plan on eliminating the 'old fast pass' system completely. As it is, I am bummed that I have to make dining reservations so soon, now will I have to plan which park I plan on visiting in advance?
    Glad to see someone else besides me not thrilled about this latest "improvement"...I just can't stand the thought of needing to put that much planning into a vacation.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

In one word, YES...

The current FP system will be eradicated by the braniacs at TDO... You will be booking FP+ 60 days (plus 10 in staying on property) from arrival date for THREE FP+ one park a day... So, if you decide you want to park hop, you can only pick 3 FP+ time slots for one of those parks, for three rides or experiences in that one park... (Park hopping from MK to Epcot, you can only pick 3FP+ for either Epcot or MK, not both)...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief..... my head is spinning!
    Live Life Joyfully!
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine too, I can hardly decide my meals. Not what rides I want two months out.

My wife used to preach "spontaneity" to me, and I did not like it (I like to plan), but this form of organization for a vacation is downright silly.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will put all my choices on the wall with sticky notes and throw darts. LOL
    Live Life Joyfully!
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will put all my choices on the wall with sticky notes and throw darts. LOL
    From rumored possibilites, Disney may do something akin to that FOR you.

It's said that you can just let "the system" pick some FP+ reservations automatically.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a little more info:

When booking your FP+, you should be asked what block of the day you are looking for (early, mid day, late day, all day) Then the available times will be presented... At that point, you'll choose your experience (attractions, entertainment, food)...

You'll still have a one hour window to use that FP+ or you lose it... The current enforcement will stay in place, which is 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late... So a 1:00 to 2:00 FP+ will be good for 12:55 to 2:15...

And for anyone questioning, it is three FP+ a day for one park only... Cannot combine with other parks during the same day... You will be able to change your FP+ day of, at a kiosk ONLY if you have not used your first FP+ already.. If you did, the remaining two become locked in and cannot be changed...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, this is becoming way too complicated for me. Regular planning already gives me anxiety. I want to plan the perfect trip and then I get information overload. I guess spontaneity is going out the window...
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
    Oh, this is becoming way too complicated for me. Regular planning already gives me anxiety. I want to plan the perfect trip and then I get information overload. I guess spontaneity is going out the window...
    Disney is killing spontaneity, AP holders, and locals with this idiotic program... Again, TDO: if it ain't broke, BREAK IT, if it is broke, don't fix it... Costs too much money!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And for anyone questioning, it is three FP+ a day for one park only... Cannot combine with other parks during the same day... You will be able to change your FP+ day of, at a kiosk ONLY if you have not used your first FP+ already.. If you did, the remaining two become locked in and cannot be changed...
    And with my cynicism fully showing (no, wait, that's realism) ...

I foresee a day not too distant when TDO announces that their guests are begging them to allow "FastPass+ Park Hopping" and so, for the small additional fee of $64/ticket (plus tax), guests will be able to get FP+ at more than one park per day. It will be touted as if it is the most wondrous thing TDO has ever done for their guests.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    And with my cynicism fully showing (no, wait, that's realism) ...

I foresee a day not too distant when TDO announces that their guests are begging them to allow "FastPass+ Park Hopping" and so, for the small additional fee of $64/ticket (plus tax), guests will be able to get FP+ at more than one park per day. It will be touted as if it is the most wondrous thing TDO has ever done for their guests.

Steve
    SHHHHH don't give them any ideas... Actually, you aren't far off... Original plans did call for this to be a pay for play system... The more you decided to hand over to Disney, the more FP+ allotments you were given...

Post Thanks / Like

SHHHHH don't give them any ideas... .
    I thought about not saying it for fear of giving them ideas, but then I realized that there's no possible way they hadn't thought of it already.

This whole NextGen thing, while containing the occasional interesting idea, is so obviously designed to separate guests from even more of their money, allow TDO to reduce operating costs (and service) by knowing months in advance precisely how many people will be doing what, where; all while providing nothing new, creative or entertaining (unless you count being on your phone app as entertaining) to the guest experience. Is the point of going to WDW now going to be just a game to see if I can get the "best" ADRs and the "best" FP+ and meet the "best" characters? Is my enjoyment now supposed to be in the knowledge that I beat you by getting a FP+ for TSMM and you didn't? If so, they could just shut down the parks completely (think of the savings!) and do it all in a phone app!

Sorry for the rant and the negativity. I've spent the past few months working with a client (also a universally known company) that wants to do similar, very destructive things, and I'm afraid I'm not dealing well with the rampant stupidity in parts of the business community at the moment.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    I thought about not saying it for fear of giving them ideas, but then I realized that there's no possible way they hadn't thought of it already.

This whole NextGen thing, while containing the occasional interesting idea, is so obviously designed to separate guests from even more of their money, allow TDO to reduce operating costs (and service) by knowing months in advance precisely how many people will be doing what, where; all while providing nothing new, creative or entertaining (unless you count being on your phone app as entertaining) to the guest experience. Is the point of going to WDW now going to be just a game to see if I can get the "best" ADRs and the "best" FP+ and meet the "best" characters? Is my enjoyment now supposed to be in the knowledge that I beat you by getting a FP+ for TSMM and you didn't? If so, they could just shut down the parks completely (think of the savings!) and do it all in a phone app!

Sorry for the rant and the negativity. I've spent the past few months working with a client (also a universally known company) that wants to do similar, very destructive things, and I'm afraid I'm not dealing well with the rampant stupidity in parts of the business community at the moment.

Steve
    It is okay Steve.. Rant away... I been ranting for a long time now LOL... And there is no such thing as negativity... Negativity is a term created by Disney-philes who cannot stand to hear the truth about their most beloved place... Seriously, some people just have a hard time living in real world... WDW to them is real life... Real world.. If anything bad is said, even though it is the truth, they get bent out of shape, their life is turned upside down... They get the sweats, they can't breath, and they then try to get you banned, or shut up one way or the other... Some people just cannot handle the truth...

TRUTH: You are constantly paying more for less at WDW
    TRUTH: WDW is not worth the price of admission anymore
    TRUTH: TDO wants to keep you under mouse arrest..
    TRUTH: NextGen has nothing to do with guest satisfaction and everything to do with pulling more money from the guests' wallets
    TRUTH: Disney can no longer (or chooses not to) compete with Universal... While Universal builds new exciting rides, huge land expansions that ARE worth the cost (oh and built a heck of a lot quicker than Disney builds, I mean look Diagon Alley will be opening the same time as the kiddie coaster 7DMT, and Diagon Alley will include TWO huge E-tickets with several C ticket experiences, and construction was started in DA several months after 7DMT), Disney wants to give guests bands for their wrists, and force them to stay on property and not venture off to see new exciting things.. Almost pathetically, a lot of online fans think these are the best things to happen since sliced bread!!!

Sad thing is, too many people are afraid to venture off property... They feel like they are cheating on their spouse, or the dead guy and the rat they worship with a messed up cult like following may strike them down with a bolt of pixie dust laced lightning...

Ok, now my rant is over..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the rants I agree Corporate America is out of touch this includes Disney. As far as FP+ goes, have always expected to hear that
    1. staying on property guest will get more then 3
    2. higher end resorts will get even more, example Deluxe 10 Value 5 Moderates 7 or 8
    But that is just MHO. Even now while planning my trip am trying to convince DD to spend a few days at Universal.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, previouser posters gave me a lot to think about. And I just came on this time to ask if you will have to wear the wrist band. I hate to wear a watch when it is hot, can't even imagine wearing that think when it is 100 degrees. Maybe it is time to start changing up my yearly vacation plans!
    Live Life Joyfully!
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

We used fast pass +. Honestly, it wasn't bad. We liked it. We got on TSM without having to run to the back of the park. We were able to walk on the Great Movie Ride timed exactly before out lunch ressie. We were able to see the new Little Mermaid ride without worrying about waits during peak hours.

And I have to counterpoint this post...

TRUTH: You are constantly paying more for less at WDW
    TRUTH: WDW is not worth the price of admission anymore
    An all inclusive week at WDW is still a pretty great price when compared to a week at the NJ shore, dude ranch in Montana or a ski trip to Canada. We've priced them all out along with many others. People yell about the price of admission but at the end of the day its less or right on par with many other vacations on this side of the globe.

TRUTH: TDO wants to keep you under mouse arrest..
    And Universal doesn't? The primary goal of ANY major attraction is to keep you and your wallet there. Disney is not a non-profit and they'd be stupid not to try to keep you on property as much as possible.

TRUTH: NextGen has nothing to do with guest satisfaction and everything to do with pulling more money from the guests' wallets
    Next Gen has a ton to do with guest satisfication. Fact of the matter is for new guests WDW is overwhelmingly huge. Most new guests say they want anything to streamline the process, NextGen does that. It allows people to pick out a few main attractions in advance with the knowledge that they'll get what they want, when they want. Further it does allow WDW to see where and when guests frequent areas. Its minute by minute crowd control, yet another common complaint of guests.
    TRUTH: Disney can no longer (or chooses not to) compete with Universal... While Universal builds new exciting rides, huge land expansions that ARE worth the cost (oh and built a heck of a lot quicker than Disney builds, I mean look Diagon Alley will be opening the same time as the kiddie coaster 7DMT, and Diagon Alley will include TWO huge E-tickets with several C ticket experiences, and construction was started in DA several months after 7DMT), Disney wants to give guests bands for their wrists, and force them to stay on property and not venture off to see new exciting things.. Almost pathetically, a lot of online fans think these are the best things to happen since sliced bread!!!
    Disney hits a pretty different demographic then Universal. DH likes Universal because he's a big fan of thrill rides. I'd take a dark ride over a thrill ride any day of the week. Our close friends who frequented Universal as a young couple have switched to WDW with having their two kids. WDW still continues to be the family park of the US and around the world. While Universal saw some great numbers at IOA last year they still have a long way to go to even begin to compete with the MK.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, previouser posters gave me a lot to think about. And I just came on this time to ask if you will have to wear the wrist band. I hate to wear a watch when it is hot, can't even imagine wearing that think when it is 100 degrees. Maybe it is time to start changing up my yearly vacation plans!
    You won't have to wear the bands... You can put them in your pocket or opt for an RFID card instead... Of course, if you do that, than the extras you will get with the bands will not be afforded to you with the RFID card...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    We used fast pass +. Honestly, it wasn't bad. We liked it. We got on TSM without having to run to the back of the park. We were able to walk on the Great Movie Ride timed exactly before out lunch ressie. We were able to see the new Little Mermaid ride without worrying about waits during peak hours.
    You realize you were a guinnea pig doing testing right? You do realize once this is live to the 18 million who enter MK a year, this will be a much greater disaster...

An all inclusive week at WDW is still a pretty great price when compared to a week at the NJ shore, dude ranch in Montana or a ski trip to Canada. We've priced them all out along with many others. People yell about the price of admission but at the end of the day its less or right on par with many other vacations on this side of the globe.
    If you can swing a WDW vacation, then you can swing a trip to Canada, or Grand Canyon or a number of other places... Why are you or others afraid to venture out and see the country, or the world? You won't melt... Don't worry...

And Universal doesn't? The primary goal of ANY major attraction is to keep you and your wallet there. Disney is not a non-profit and they'd be stupid not to try to keep you on property as much as possible.
    I don't believe I ever said Universal doesn't... However, they are doing what they have to do now to keep you on property... WDW isn't... They are trying to make it harder for guests to leave by making them plan potty breaks, not giving them more to do and a reason to stay... A week trip to Orlando for the vacationer was, at one point, 5-6 days in WDW, 1 day at either Universal or SeaWorld.. Now, it is 3-4 days at Disney, 2-3 days at Universal and MAYBE one day at SeaWorld... SeaWorld has been the biggest loser so far with IOA's huge gains since WWOHP opened... So, what is Disney doing to combat the loss of guest days and spending? Magic Bands, forced micromanaging...

Next Gen has a ton to do with guest satisfication. Fact of the matter is for new guests WDW is overwhelmingly huge. Most new guests say they want anything to streamline the process, NextGen does that. It allows people to pick out a few main attractions in advance with the knowledge that they'll get what they want, when they want. Further it does allow WDW to see where and when guests frequent areas. Its minute by minute crowd control, yet another common complaint of guests.
    You pretty much admitted the Nextgen program is a benefit for Disney not the guest... There is very little for the guest benefit to make their experiences more magical... Seriously, if not having to take your card out of your pocket is making WDW more magical, then some people need to look at their life and re-examine what really is a hardship...

Remember when FP was meant to cause an increase in spending because guests weren't waiting in lines? Yea, it failed... Guests weren't increasing their spending... They were using the system to benefit themselves.. Which, in this case, FP succeeded... But it really wound up being a failure on the books... Guests did not increase spending as Disney has hoped...

NextGen is the next phase to try to part you with your money in the disguise of enhanced guest experiences... Yet, there is nothing there to enhance your experience... Great, you can book a ride 60 days out... You know what? You lose that time you saved by increased wait times on rides which FP should never be a consideration... The hope is the same: spend less time on lines, more times in shops... Didn't happen before, is not happening now, won't happen with this is live... And what will they do to make the $2 billion back? Charge for FP+.... wait and see.. Enhanced guest experience???

Disney hits a pretty different demographic then Universal. DH likes Universal because he's a big fan of thrill rides. I'd take a dark ride over a thrill ride any day of the week. Our close friends who frequented Universal as a young couple have switched to WDW with having their two kids. WDW still continues to be the family park of the US and around the world. While Universal saw some great numbers at IOA last year they still have a long way to go to even begin to compete with the MK.
    You are right... Disney hit the 5 year old girl demographic... Universal targets everyone else who does not want to be bombed with princesses every 5 feet... Universal is also more than thrill rides... WDW actually has more thrill rides than Universal... Is WDW a thrill park? Also, WDW is not a theme park... MK is a theme park, DAK is a theme park... WDW is not a theme park...

BTW, Universal does NOT have to pull in 10 -18 million guests to be beating Disney and to be taking a chunk out of Disney... WDW fans want to always tout the attendance... But, the real key is guest spending... Fact is, WDW guest spending is down to flat... IOA/Universal guest spending continues to increase dramatically... Iger and Rasulo always try to say guest spending is up, but listen to their words... DISNEY PARKS guest spending is up... Want to know where? DCA with Cars Land where guest spending is through the roof... At WDW? Ehhhhhh not so much... The spending is only up there because their jack the prices up... Units moved is down to flat... at IOA units moved continues to increase.. THAT is where Universal is doing the most damage... As for attendance, ask anyone in TDO what they thought of TEA's DHS attendance numbers... They would laugh... TEA grossly projected way too high... WAY too high... People in the know will tell you there is no way DHS had nearly 10 million people.. Number was closer to 8-9 not 10...

And just wait... Universal has a "value" hotel coming, which will pull guests out of WDW hotel rooms... They have more Potter, a JP expansion, oh, did I mention they recently purchased the land where Wet N Wild resides? They will soon have an onsite water park, along with... much more land to really drive a dent into Disney where it hurts most.. The pocket book, not the attendance numbers (though, in 2 years, IOA/Uni will take over DHS and maybe even DAK, while Epcot, well....)

Post Thanks / Like

You are right... Disney hit the 5 year old girl demographic... Universal targets everyone else who does not want to be bombed with princesses every 5 feet... Universal is also more than thrill rides... WDW actually has more thrill rides than Universal... Is WDW a thrill park? Also, WDW is not a theme park... MK is a theme park, DAK is a theme park... WDW is not a theme park...
    Let's be a little fair. I realize WDW has alienated you.That's fine. I also know that you want them to do better and be the WDW you remember. You don't have to be a 5 year old girl to enjoy WDW. And I say that as the mother of a 7 year old boy and yep, a five year old girl.

We have not done Universal lately because honestly it is not the best park for younger children especially those who are ride timid like my son. He finally rode Splash and Big Thunder for the first time this year. I almost threw a party.

Even Universal's own website only list 5 rides as best for children and three of them have a height limit of 36". Magic Kingdom has lots of ride that families can enjoy together (Dumbo, Peter Pan, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, Pooh, Little Mermaid, POTC, Haunted Mansion etc.) Most of them are not princess related and don't have a height requirement.

There are valid reasons for people to still enjoy WDW and there are valid reasons for people not to enjoy WDW. Same goes for Universal. It is a great park. I'm sure we'll visit more as my children get older. We also enjoy Busch Gardens and Legoland.

Different things work for different people and that's okay. It also doesn't make one of us right and one of us wrong.

As far as what Fast Pass+ will be, I have no idea. I'm not going to worry about it or stress about it because that is who I am. I might love it. I might hate. I'll see when it gets here.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: