Quantcast Week after Christmas Crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week after Christmas Crowds

We are going Saturday December 28th until January 5th. I know the crowds will be heavy but how bad are we talking? We normally go Memorial Weekend and are used to crowds. Also, hows the weather? We have been several times and the goal for this trip is to take in all things Christmas Disney has to offer. So we dont mind having to take breaks during the day to tour the resorts. The plan is to arrive at the parks at open and try to get as many rides in within the first 3 hours. At this point we thought we would leave and try to hop to another park mid day between 2 and 5. But I hear the parks close due to capacity. Will we be able to get in another park? Just trying to get an idea of what we should expect. Thanks!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I went last year the weekend around January 4th. It was really crowded. It wasn't so bad in the morning, but it was extremely crowded in the afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

If you've never been for NYE you haven't seen the busiest time of the year. NYE draws the largest crowds of any other holiday. I think July 4th is second (I count Xmas and NYE as the same holiday), Memorial Day might be top 5 though...

Post Thanks / Like

Its crazy. My suggestion is to throw away your plans and go with the flow. Otherwise, you might get fustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there December 9-16 of last year and couldn't believe how crowded it was at that time. The monorails were standing room only and we went down expecting the crowds to be a lot more manageable. We got through it, but we didn't enjoy it as much as we thought we were going to.
    I can only imagine what a madhouse the MK must be heading up to New Year's Eve. You're a lot braver than we are.
    The best part of our trip was walking down Main Street USA with the snowflakes falling. That was really cool and we were glad to get a chance to experience WDW during the holiday season.
    We're going to stick to October visits in the future though, because of the great weather and crowds that aren't too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Well thats pretty scary. Especially since they have cut hours back dramatically from last year. We planned on doing DHS for NYE because I figured MK would be nuts. Reconsidering this trip at this point. But I have to wonder why people go that week if it is so bad?
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: