Quantcast NYC help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: NYC help

Post Thanks / Like

Default NYC help

Planning to go to NY for my birthday in mid July to see Cinderella on Broadway. I have not been for some time. Thinking staying in the Broadway area would be good. Anyone have suggestions of a nice clean hotel that would have 2 double beds?

Also would like suggestions of places to eat and any suggestions you might have.

TIA!!!

Jane
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So many places to eat- depends on what you are in mood for. But make it to Crumbs or juniors (cheesecake). I would just check for a good rate in Times Square - the rooms will be expensive. We stayed overnight once but now I make day trips- weds or sat matinee shows give me time for one more attraction before I head home on the train (arrive at 9 and home by 10).

If you can afford a treat - we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. Will be near great shopping, easy walk to Times Square and can pass St. Patricks and be sure to go in! Ellens Starlight Diner is fun and Radio City is nearby and Top of the Rock.

Can't wait to hear how you like Cinderella. My favorite movie as a child with Lesley Ann Warren - want to see it this fall!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Marriot Marquis Times Square - Boom- right in the thick of things . but it will be expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. One of my colleagues is a Jersey boy and he told me to do the theatre district as opposed to Times Square. I've been looking. Everything is so expensive and I want to take my great niece to Disney later this year so trying to cut corners where I can.

I've been a Cinderella fan my whole life. It's been a crazy busy life for a while so when I saw the number on the Tony's I decided I must go.

Great restaurant tips. I really appreciate it. Anyone else? Come on all you closet readers.
    JANE

Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

Get a snack at Crumbs.....you won't be sorry.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

The Sheraton and Hilton on 6th Avenue would be convenient to the theater district and they shouldn't be over the top in prices. I stay at the Omni Berkshire Place on most of my trips to NYC (I go at least once a year). They do have rooms with two double beds. Stellar service and a good location off 5th Avenue about 2 blocks from Rockefeller Center.

In terms of restaurants, just try to avoid many of the ones right in Times Square: they tend to be overpriced and overrated. Remember that the hotel concierge can be an excellent source for dining - they've never steered me wrong. For a traditional NYC deli/diner type experience: there are 3 Burger Heaven locations -- they have quality food and have been around for 70 years.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, it is a 10-12 block walk to Times Square and the edge of the Broadway district. It's about a block from Penn Station on one side, and a couple blocks from the ESB on the other. Free breakfast every morning and clean, two double beds, no noise issues even though you're right in the city.

I booked through a hotel web site, you can find some good deals, saved at least $30 per night I think.
    Last edited by MargaretMessler; 06-25-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: left out something
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We just went to NYC over Memorial Day Weekend.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at 8th Avenue and 51st street ("Hampton Inn Times Square North", is its official name).

That hotel was VERY close to the theater where Cinderella is shown. In fact, we walked right by it and the actress who plays Cinderella was on the sidewalk signing autographs for a small line of people.

This hotel was in a great location and it was clean and comfortable. The rooms have 2 queen beds and there is a full, free hot breakfast served every morning. Bonus points for that!

I'm not going to lie, it was expensive. We paid $278 for a Friday night and $375 for Saturday night, and that was with AAA discount.

But, it was on par with all the other hotels in the area that I'd step foot in.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Keep them coming. Need good suggestions for dinner.
    JANE

Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Hampton Inn at Times Square also. It is a good location to be in and it is nice they have complimentary breakfast.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan1979 View Post
    The Sheraton and Hilton on 6th Avenue would be convenient to the theater district and they shouldn't be over the top in prices.
    I'll second that Hilton and Sheraton. You can usually get good prices and great locations on both.

I really like Osteria Doge for Italian near Times Square but not in the thick of it. It's at 142 West 44 St. Very cafe atmosphere, dress up or casual (mostly casual). Not very pricey. Some of our other favorites have closed. We avoid chains in NYC, incredible markup for the same food you can get anywhere. Junior's is good for breakfast or a cheesecake stop, as previously recommended.

Be open to trying new things and you can feel pretty good about anyplace that has an A rating in the window. New York restaurants are heavily monitored and their health code ratings are big right in the front windows. A is the best. B is sometimes okay, but makes you think. Avoid C and below.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks guys

Those are great tips!
    JANE

Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

For restaurants check out restaurant row on 46'th between 8'th and 9'th Avenue. I have eaten at Becco and Le Rivage. Becco is Italian. They offer a 3 pasta special which includes a ceasar salad or anti-pasta for $25. The pasta is unlimited. I had it twice and loved it both times. Le Rivage is French and has a $25 three course offering for lunch and after 7:30 in the evening. There are no exclusions from the menu. I was there for lunch and it was excellent. There are numerous other restaurants on that street and on 9'th Avenue - about any type of food you might want. Google hell's kitchen and you should be able to find a more complete list.

Havana Central is good for Cuban food (46'th Street btwn 6 and 7). Dos Caminos is very good for Mexican (two locations, one in the 50's on the east side and one in the 20's on Park). You should be able to google them for specific locations and to check out the menu. Maggie's Place on 47'th and Madison is good for pub/Irish food. If you want something in the Village, I recommend Monte's (Italian) and Cuba. The village is a great place to just hang out and have a drink and/or listen to some live music.

I just booked a room at the DoubleTree in Times Square for a couple of nights in August. It is a two room suite with 2 double beds in the bedroom and a sofa sleeper in the LR. Tripadvisor reviews were very favorable. I believe I ended up with a rate of $439/night for weekdays. There are 6 of us, so this eliminates the need for 2 rooms.

Have fun!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: