Quantcast Awesome Cast members

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome Cast members

It seems we have had a few posts about rude cast members and i thought it be cool to start one w/ cast members that have gone beyond what we expect.

I'll start.

last year my son and gf pull into All Star Sports. We drove down from Kansas City. It was a long drive and to be honest, none of us were in a very good mood. My gf stayed in the car as i went to check in. Our son is the most awesome little boy in the world, but he can be very hyper and is known to throw a temper tantrum. well t his was one of those times. He wanted to stretch his 3 year old legs, and it just wasn't time. by the time i got back to the car my gf had had enough and as i was getting our luggage out tempers were getting a little hot.....almost immediately a cast member came out w/ a luggage rack and helped me take everything to the room. Five minutes later he knocked on the door and gave my son a mickey plush from the gift store and a couple bottles of water for me and my gf. that gesture put us right back in the disney spirit and started the vacation right.
    as he was leaving another guy walked by and asked him if he was done w/ his break cause he was ready for his, and the guy said, "yep, go ahead" (the guy that helped us was on break!, wow).
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great CM in January on the Jungle Cruise. He was really into it, and you could tell he was having fun with his job. (You can tell when they aren't...) He was just so fun, that I rode again, and waited to have him. I wrote Disney an email, and they responded that others had commented on this CM as well.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great server at Mama Melrose in April. We just got to know him a little bit and built a nice repoire with him because we are from Virginia, and found out that he had lived in D.C. for a time at the same place we had attended a conference. We were talking about the neighborhood and local restaurants, etc, etc. He was just very nice and at one point took a couple minutes to actually sit down and talk to us. I believe he gave us free dessert, too!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

My family was treated to the best Bus driver ever last year on late night trip back from the DHS. He had colorful lights flashing on the bus and special music playing and he gave all the very tired kids on the bus small toys, plastic dimaond rings a for the girls and bouncy balls for the boys. The tired kids woke up quick and had smiles all the way back to the WL. We were lucky enogh to get the same driver the another night on the same trip and he this time had ballons for all the kids on board. He really enjoyed his job and he did not play the awful loop message instead speaking into the microphone and singing along.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We encountered an exceptional CM on our trip in February. My girls and I had FPs to meet the princesses. After we had been through the line and were headed out, Timothy stopped us in the hallway and asked if we'd met Mickey yet. I said no, we were just meeting the princesses and heading back to meet my husband and our boys in Fantasyland. I said we had hoped to stop and meet Merida on the way, but we weren't sure we'd have time to.

Timothy told us to come with him. We went through a Cast Member Only door and he told us to wait right there. As we waited, Mickey came around the corner. I swear, I cried. I've met Mickey before, but this was just special. Mickey took us into his dressing room for our own personal meet & greet & pictures. After that, Timothy walked us all the way down Main Street to the castle and put us into the front of Merida's line. We thanked him profusely & went on to meet Merida & still have time to get back to the boys by the appointed time. I was so moved by Timothy going out of his way to make sure we met Mickey & Merida. My girls and I will never forget it.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

i love these stories.
    a couple more, and i'm sure i'll add more later.

1. We were in line for Everest and a cast member walked by and looked at me and noticed I had a Happy Birthday Button on.
    he said that no one should wait in line on his birthday and took us to the front of the line, waited while we rode, then took us to the Nemo show and took us right in.

2. last year my son was throwing a fit in line for the pirate show at HS. all of a sudden a cast member shows up, looks at me first for approval, and then hands him an ice cream bar and said it was a gift from Mickey.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't to me personally but I was there to witness the entire thing. I stopped in the AK baby center with my DS1 so he could cool off. Moments after we walked in, a CM brought in a little boy (maybe 3 yrs old?) that he had found lost. One of the CM tried talking to the boy while the other was calling all over to report it. The boy was in tear and I felt so badly for his family who must have been worried sick. One of the CM said she was going to give him a lollipop to calm him down and the other stopped her and said what if he has allergies. That is great quick thinking!

The mom came in like 20 minutes later. The CM did an awesome job of distracting him.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! There are some great CM's out there!!

We ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe a few times. Both times the waitresses and waiters went out of their way to make it extra enjoyable for us!! I can't say enough about how fun and special the meal was and the food was really good too. We always take a picture with our CM's if they are extra special awesome.. Helps to keep the fun and positive stuff in our memories!

We had a lot of trouble transferring our non expiring park passes to our room keys this past visit. By the next day I went back to the front desk to explain what had happened and the manager came over and handled it WAY better than the manager the night before. All smiles, lots of great conversation, and a nice room credit to boot! I was happy with him taking the time to actually fix it for us so we didn't have to have two card keys. The room credit was not expected, but wow was it awesome!

Customer Service in any industry is tough. I think the CM's are held to a higher standard because they are at Disney. I think our experiences with the great CM's completely outweigh the bad!!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The CM said that he was a survivor of the Holocaust, and when his life was spared, he vowed to notice people always and try to help any way he could. My dad still gets choked up when he tells that story, even all these years later.
    Thank you for sharing this amazing story! It brought me to tears. I'll probably be telling this story to several people. It's a story worth spreading.

I know we've had some pretty great experiences. My dad and his coworkers took an office trip to Disney and their family members tagged along. We had a HUGE dinner at Ohana (back when you could reserve Ohana a day before). The server was hilarious. She had one of those wonderful infections personalities. We just love her. She targeted my dad as the troublemaker of the group and they had a lot of funny exchanges. I think about that every time I am in the Poly. Makes me smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twinboyz View Post
    Customer Service in any industry is tough. I think the CM's are held to a higher standard because they are at Disney. I think our experiences with the great CM's completely outweigh the bad!!
    I am currently reading "Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney" by Lee Cockerell. He talks about the training and corporate culture that Disney has created over the last few decades. The point of the book is that you can apply these to other industries and companies, and then relates stories about the successful implementation in other companies. It's fascinating to read, and really shows you some behind the scenes stuff about how Disney does what they do.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: