Quantcast Rude Cast Members

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rude Cast Members

We have had the worst of luck with finding nice cast members on our trip... And I understand it must be hard dealing with non-compliant people, but I think when you have someone not doing anything wrong you shouldn't be reprimanded... Anywho I'll explain we were at AK and everybody had picked out who they wanted to sit by and it so happened the person in front of the line was sitting by themselves. The cast member did not like that. We got all situated and he got onto my brother for not filling in all the empty numbers on Everest and all he had to do was put a single rider with on the empty number which is what he ended up doing in the end... Anyways it was just the fact that he got mad at my brother for not doing what he wanted...
    Next we were on Soarin' and an attendant told my brother (once again) while he was in the middle of using it, that he did NOT need the middle strap, which I thought was weird since he was a little below the arrow, but we didn't question him seeing as we didn't want a repeat of AK haha. However he came back around and looked at my brother and said "I told you you need that middle strap," and my grandma said "oh I'm sorry I thought you said he didn't so I told him not to" he then looked directly at her and with a horrible attitude said "I just told him to and I looked directly at him, didn't you see me?"
    Sorry for the long post just had to vent and express my disappointment with these cast members

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you'll get much sympathy. Sounds like your group isn't listening and following directions. Why make it harder on CMs?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you felt reprimanded. You say you didn't do anything wrong, but then you pointed out the CM got mad at your brother "for not doing what he wanted." The CMs aren't just directing people on their own whims. They're trying to do their jobs with crowd control and safety. When your group ignored the CM's directions on Everest, it made his job harder, and that's probably what he reacted to.

In the second case, it sounded like a simple miscommunication, and the CM probably could have reacted better, but again, he was trying to do his job in keeping everyone safe.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

If you listen to the cast member's instructions, everything will go smoother and more quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I get what all of guys are saying its just that we were listening it was just chaotic we try to do everything the cast member says to make it easier on them, it's just that they both caught an attitude when things didn't automatically go right. I could see it being better by them asking with words such as please and thank you not a snappy "I said get up here in this spot" (Everest guy) and the whole encounter with the Soarin' guy
    But don't get me wrong I'm not disagreeing with what you guys responded and I appreciate y'all's responses :Mickey:

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has an off day now and then, but feeling like you're being yelled at or reprimanded is never fun, especially while on vacation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefFlyingEagle1996 View Post
    I get what all of guys are saying its just that we were listening it was just chaotic we try to do everything the cast member says to make it easier on them, it's just that they both caught an attitude when things didn't automatically go right. I could see it being better by them asking with words such as please and thank you not a snappy "I said get up here in this spot" (Everest guy) and the whole encounter with the Soarin' guy
    But don't get me wrong I'm not disagreeing with what you guys responded and I appreciate y'all's responses :Mickey:
    If you don't mind, I'll disagree with some responses for you. There is absolutely no reason for a CM to react the way they did in the circumstances you describe -and it has nothing to do with the money you spent on your vacation. We're talking basic customer service skills, of which Disney used to strive(and I would hope still does) to offer at the highest levels. Not saying that a CM has to be nice and sweet irregardless of the situation, I'm sure there are times when they would need to forcefully get the point across -as in actual safety concerns. The fact is, I've seen it done hundreds of times in just the right way -where the CM got the point across without being rude. I probably would have mentioned the situation to a manager -if nothing else, to help them fix a potential issue. If the CM couldn't stay calm, maybe they're better suited for a different position. Not to say it's easy under the conditions, but if it was easy anyone could do it.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    I don't think you'll get much sympathy. Sounds like your group isn't listening and following directions. Why make it harder on CMs?
    Was that meant to be sarcastic when you wrote it???
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: