Quantcast Rumor: American Idol Experience on the way out? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Do you mean the Monsters Inc ride (a roller coaster themed to the door scene in the movie) that was all but announced (it did appear on the HUB for a short time) but then TDO, in their wisdom, decided they didn't want to spend the money building it as part of a Pixar Place expansion, and now DCA will be getting instead? That Monster's Inc?
    You mean WDW isn't getting the Monsters Inc coaster? What's going in the building that used to be Sounds Dangerous then? I could have sworn they told us it was being built there when we went on the Back Stage Tour in Jan 2011.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    You mean WDW isn't getting the Monsters Inc coaster? What's going in the building that used to be Sounds Dangerous then? I could have sworn they told us it was being built there when we went on the Back Stage Tour in Jan 2011.
    My understanding is that the previous plan was cancelled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    An updated Superstar Television.
    yes
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

**cough cough** Lucas/Star Wars **cough cough**
    Yes it will be part of Star Wars land along with the Indy show and the lake between them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Read mine and tikiman's posts... Star Wars will be swallowing up AI, if they go along with the current proposed plans...

Never listen to CMs.. they are the worst for news and rumors...

The rumor/plan was for a Monsters Inc coaster in the back of the park, included in Pixar Place... I forget the soundstage, maybe SS 1? But that plan was knocked down rather quickly after being posted on the employee site, The Hub...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Read mine and tikiman's posts... Star Wars will be swallowing up AI, if they go along with the current proposed plans...

Never listen to CMs.. they are the worst for news and rumors...

The rumor/plan was for a Monsters Inc coaster in the back of the park, included in Pixar Place... I forget the soundstage, maybe SS 1? But that plan was knocked down rather quickly after being posted on the employee site, The Hub...
    Well said

Post Thanks / Like

I also don't recall any news about it being at DCA either. I'm not sure any of the rumors of it had any traction.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    I also don't recall any news about it being at DCA either. I'm not sure any of the rumors of it had any traction.
    Part 2 or Phase 2 of the DCA makeover calls for one of the desolate areas, I forget where I'll need to check up on that, to become Monstropolis, and be anchored by the Monster's Inc door coaster and the current Monster's Inc dark ride... This is expected to be announced at D23...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    Well said
    tikiman, you better be right LOL... I need to be WOW'd again for WDW to get me back... A huge, well done Star Wars land would be a great start... Unless it is just the typical, value engineered TDO design: DVC cart, merchandise, over priced restaurant and a meet and greet with a C ticket they try to pass off as an E LOL..

Post Thanks / Like

So they are proposing the Monsters, Inc. dark ride from DCA to come to Florida? I wish they'd do something original. It can be done, as there is a different (along the lines of Buzz Lightyear) Monsters, Inc. attraction at Tokyo Disneyland. Come on WDI....WOW us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    So they are proposing the Monsters, Inc. dark ride from DCA to come to Florida? I wish they'd do something original. It can be done, as there is a different (along the lines of Buzz Lightyear) Monsters, Inc. attraction at Tokyo Disneyland. Come on WDI....WOW us.
    Nope... I believe the door coaster was part of the plan in expanding Pixar Place with a watered down version of Carsland, but that proposal seems to be off the table in favor of Star Wars land... of course, this is Disney, things will change daily... and be cut, reduced, and budgets will explode LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

tikiman, you better be right LOL... I need to be WOW'd again for WDW to get me back... A huge, well done Star Wars land would be a great start... Unless it is just the typical, value engineered TDO design: DVC cart, merchandise, over priced restaurant and a meet and greet with a C ticket they try to pass off as an E LOL..
    Car’s land was going to be too expensive to build because they were unable to dig down into the Florida ground like they did in DCA. To build it all above ground is what made it too expensive so they shifted to making Star Wars land. I guess the center of it will be Star Tours and it will stretch out to the Indy show and the lake. It sounded as if AI was going to be engulfed also because the big rid going it was going to take up some space. They seem excited about the project which is more than they can say about Avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for a Star Wars land and keeping CarsLand exclusive to California. I like the parks having their own unique things.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope... I believe the door coaster was part of the plan in expanding Pixar Place with a watered down version of Carsland, but that proposal seems to be off the table in favor of Star Wars land... of course, this is Disney, things will change daily... and be cut, reduced, and budgets will explode LOL...
    This.

For months a few years back there were meetings about Beastly Kingdom gaining traction again. I heard that from multiple sources.....then, poof. Gone.

A year later, Avatar land was announced. Which I believe will turn into Beastly Kingdom ten years laster, after no one remembers what the heck Avatar even is.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    This.

A year later, Avatar land was announced. Which I believe will turn into Beastly Kingdom ten years laster, after no one remembers what the heck Avatar even is.
    Or Rainforest Land...which is probably what people will call it when it first opens as Avatar is already a distant memory for everyone.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    Car’s land was going to be too expensive to build because they were unable to dig down into the Florida ground like they did in DCA. To build it all above ground is what made it too expensive so they shifted to making Star Wars land. I guess the center of it will be Star Tours and it will stretch out to the Indy show and the lake. It sounded as if AI was going to be engulfed also because the big rid going it was going to take up some space. They seem excited about the project which is more than they can say about Avatar.
    Thanks tiki!!! Guess they couldn't value engineer their way out of this one... I'm actually glad Carsland won't be making its way to DHS, at least in the form it is in now at DCA... I'd much rather have Star Wars... They still better WOW me with this... I am a huge Star Wars fan but still won't accept just any garbage...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Anything else.

Make it a large dole whip stand.

Anything.
    I wish I could "like" post. Because this one would be a major

This was a waste of space for us. I get some people liked it - just wasn't for us.

Hope something cool go is in here.
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

With the decline of AI's popularity, I'm not at all surprised about this buzz. It's just not 'the' show like it once was. Disney got in on that one way, way too late.

I'd like to see them capitalize on the Star Wars franchise too. They spent all that scratch on it, it's time to make it the money making commodity it should be. Adding a Star Wars Land to DHS, as long as it's done right, could make that a park to spend a whole day in, rather than just hopping into and out of to see a few things.

I also like the idea of not bringing Carsland stuff to FL. By allowing each coast to have unique, individual identities, it increases your profits. If I can see Carsland in FL, why am I going to spend the money to go to CA? By keeping things special to each coast, now I'm planning trips to see each park!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for Battlestar Galactica land so they would have a place to put the Starbucks and it would not seem out of place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    With the decline of AI's popularity, I'm not at all surprised about this buzz. It's just not 'the' show like it once was. Disney got in on that one way, way too late.

I'd like to see them capitalize on the Star Wars franchise too. They spent all that scratch on it, it's time to make it the money making commodity it should be. Adding a Star Wars Land to DHS, as long as it's done right, could make that a park to spend a whole day in, rather than just hopping into and out of to see a few things.

I also like the idea of not bringing Carsland stuff to FL. By allowing each coast to have unique, individual identities, it increases your profits. If I can see Carsland in FL, why am I going to spend the money to go to CA? By keeping things special to each coast, now I'm planning trips to see each park!
    If Cars Land does come to WDW, it will not be the same Cars Land as in DCA... Would be a completely different version, some call it value engineered... But it would be part fo a Pixar Place expansion, and the ride would not be Radiator Springs Racers, at least not the same version DCA has.. WDW already have that version... It is called Test Track... I can see an indoor dark ride though, themed to Cars as part of "Cars Land"...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: