Quantcast Cocktails on Property?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cocktails on Property?

My husband & I will have a night alone while on our vacation at the resort. Does anyone have a recommendation of a place to enjoy a cocktail and/or appetizers?

What is the best place for some adult fun on-property?
    All-sport April 2002
    All-sport, March 2005
    DVC Member(SSR), April 2005
    BWV, June 2006
    SSR & Vero, April 2007

Disney Cruise, December 2008

SSR & AKL December 2011
    SSR & Vero July 2013
    Hilton Head May 2014
    SSR Christmas 2014
    OKW July 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

MONORAIL CRAWL!

Any of the resorts on the monorail line are fanastic choices. Or you can try another resort bar.

You can also try Jellyrolls on the boardwalk. I think they have dueling pianos!

Post Thanks / Like

On our upcoming trip the wife and I were thinking of sneaking over to the Outer Rim at the contemporary. It might be a little loud next to Chef Mickey but we want to check it out.
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I see from your sig that you're DVC, if you haven't been to BLT Top of the World that would be one to try. Another is Territory Lounge at WL, I love their appy list.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to drink AND have fun, consider JellyRolls. It is a blast! I try to get there at least once on every trip.

If you're just looking for a lounge, then I'd hit the monorail and hop around a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Territory Lounge @ Wilderness Lodge!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa at AKV Villas/Kidani Village. Awesome bread service appetizer and great drinks.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Great question!
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

So many places!!

Folks have already mentioned a few terrific spots.

Tambu Lounge at the Poly is another place to try. If you're in Hollywood Studio, try stopping in the Tune In Lounge. At the Grand Floridian, there's Mizner's Lounge. Coronado Springs has a nice outdoor area. The Wave at the Contemporary is another place to try.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of great places already mentioned. I'll second the Wave bar.
    Apr 2014 - AKL Kidani Village
    Feb 2014 - Grand Floridian
    Jan 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Nov 2012 - Saratoga Springs
    June 2012 - AKL Jambo House
    June 2010 - Beach Club
    May 2006 - Offsite
    Apr 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Apr 1997 - Offsite
    May 1995 - Offsite

DVC - Animal Kingdom Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Someone will have to help me out with names as I am drawing a blank, but the lounge at POR has an awesome piano player. It is loud and wild fun but he is really very good and very entertaining. So, no romantic intimate conversation, but if you are looking for entertainment this is really a lot of fun. It is family friendly as are most Disney offerings so there are always some families with children watching the show.
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, cocktails at WDW. Now I know just a little about that….

It sounds like perhaps a romance outing? Maybe dress up? Go to Narcosseess about 30 minutes before fireworks, sit at the bar.

When they start to dim the lights head outside and watch the show. This goes for Cali Grill as well if they will let you up.

Also good for Tambu although you have a slight walk to the beach.

Raglan Road has a live band that is a lot of fun. I have had some great fun sitting out on the front of Fulton’s drinking wine and eating fresh seafood.

I have not had the opportunity to go yet but Splitsville is getting pretty good reviews and has some fun cocktails on the list. (Keep an eye out for my report in September!)

If the significant other likes, and you can stand (or vice versa!) Cigars, Sosa’s has a great people watching area outside the bar and mixes the best Mojito on property.

If you are into music check the bands at House of Blues. If someone you like is playing check Groupon I got George Clinton Funkadelic tix for 12$ last year.

Karaoke at the Swan is a lot of fun. The sushi is really good. Bluezoo is also a nice place to kick back although not as "Disney" as some.

The Margarita stand in DTD next to Capn Jacks mixes a very passable rita and it is prime people-watching real estate.

In the parks the best IMHO are….
    AK- Yack n yeti
    DHS-Tune in lounge
    Epcot- Tutto Gusto (especially good with apps)

I have made it a personal quest to spend time in each and every bar available on property. Im about 2/3rds of the way there….

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many of the choices people have already mentioned and will add one more. I really enjoy having a drink at the Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn. After my Mom is done for the evening, my sister and I like to sit out on the balcony (bar service is available there) and just watch the action out on the boardwalk.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post

I have made it a personal quest to spend time in each and every bar available on property. Im about 2/3rds of the way there….

Looks like you're doing a good job making your way around. Of course, we know it's for INTERCOT research so you can keep us all up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    After my Mom is done for the evening, my sister and I like to sit out on the balcony (bar service is available there) and just watch the action out on the boardwalk.
    I didn't realize they had service outside. Will have to give it a try next time we stay there.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW&MK View Post
    Someone will have to help me out with names as I am drawing a blank, but the lounge at POR has an awesome piano player. It is loud and wild fun but he is really very good and very entertaining. So, no romantic intimate conversation, but if you are looking for entertainment this is really a lot of fun. It is family friendly as are most Disney offerings so there are always some families with children watching the show.
    I have read about "Yehaa Bob" before and now I really want to check him out! Does anyone know what time or days he is usually entertaining at the River Roost?? Thanks!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Looks like you're doing a good job making your way around. Of course, we know it's for INTERCOT research so you can keep us all up to date.
    Never let it be said mdricks wouldn't take one for the team!

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    If the significant other likes, and you can stand (or vice versa!) Cigars, Sosa’s has a great people watching area outside the bar and mixes the best Mojito on property.
    LOVE this reply! Where is Sosa's in Downtown Disney? BDF loves cigars and I enjoy a good mojito!

Post Thanks / Like

As a big cocktail lounge fan, I'd suggest skipping the Outer Rim. I tried it for the first time in January and was thinking to myself that this is not only the most drab bar in WDW but possibly the worst in Florida - airport bars have more atmosphere. Seems to be a complete afterthought by the designers. However, Territory Lounge is wonderful, with nice food options and Mizner's is very nice because of the orchestra every evening. I also rate Victoria Falls at AKL near the top.

Post Thanks / Like

The tequila bar in the Mexico Pavilion is AWESOME
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    LOVE this reply! Where is Sosa's in Downtown Disney? BDF loves cigars and I enjoy a good mojito!
    next door to ragalan road on the west end side. they have thier own house brand of cigars that are quite nice but they also carry the better known standbys. double chateau fuente is my fave.

they hand make the drinks, no pre mixes. they have about ten tables outside and the staff is very attentive. i go every year to sit in the sun smoke a nice cigrar and people watch.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: