Quantcast Never ever again!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never ever again!!

As I write this, I'm sitting on the edge of the bed at the All star Movies Resort nearing 1:00am because some morons two year old is outside screaming at the top of his lungs. This is just one of many horrible experiences I've had here so far.
    I saved a long time to take this vacation and it's virtually been ruined by ignorant parents, no air conditioning, bad food and the list goes on.
    Well, this has been a lesson learned and next time I'll be back at a moderate. Ugh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Took a lot less than that to convince me to never stay in a value again. The buses were enough, which is a problem with the moderates as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We never stayed at All Stars, but POP is a nice value resort and the food court is good too.

Sorry your trip hasn't been the greatest as yet; I hope you still have time left to pull it out!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read about your less than magical experience. I hope that your annoying neighbors check out soon and that you have some wonderful park time to make up for it!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. Our family of 6 had to switch from deluxes to values when we had our 4th child (we couldn't afford 2 deluxe rooms, so we went for 2 value rooms.) One time at ASMovies was plenty (the bus situation, micro bathrooms, outdoor corridors = noise, + rude CMs). We stopped in the lobby one day and signed up for the DVC tour. We bought 150 points through resale about a month after we got home from that trip. Wish we'd done it sooner.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you are having a bad stay! I would be so angry too. I would go straight to the front desk at 1am and demand a manager. It is not acceptable for another guest to be making so much noise that your sleep is impacted like that. Try and get moved to another resort for the rest of your stay.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you're not having a magical trip. Unfortunately, rude neighbors are not relegated to the value resorts. On at least one occasion, we've needed to call the front desk to complain about noisy neighbors but were gratified that the complaint was handled readily and the noise quickly died away.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    So sorry to hear you are having a bad stay! I would be so angry too. I would go straight to the front desk at 1am and demand a manager. It is not acceptable for another guest to be making so much noise that your sleep is impacted like that. Try and get moved to another resort for the rest of your stay.
    Absolutely this. You do not have to put up with any of it. I know it's a hassle to move, but not less of a hassle than losing sleep and getting more upset by the conditions. Possibly nothing can be done about food, but you're paying for AC that works and a quiet comfortable place to sleep, which does not include screaming people at all hours. They can and will move you, offer refunds, do anything in their power to make this right for you-- as long as they know there's an issue.

I'm a deluxe fan, but I've had bad neighbors and maintenance issues at even the deluxes, and I've had great stays at value resorts (well, one, at Pop, my only value stay). But if you're not happy, say something and they should try to accommodate you.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. I would have called while the child was screaming and asked for a manager to come to the room and see & hear what was going on. Also I would have asked for another room. This way it wouldn’t happen again the next night.

On the other hand maybe you could have opened the door and asked if everything was ok. Maybe the child was sick or couldnt sleep. Atleast the parents would have known it was bothering you and maybe offered an apology.

If it was just a little one being a little one screaming and running up and down the walk way. THEN I would have asked to be moved right away, because you then know its going to be a free for all every night of your stay.. and that's totally not acceptable!!!
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Natalie - I know this is too late now, but if something like this every happens again, give WDW a chance to fix it right on the spot.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    We never stayed at All Stars, but POP is a nice value resort and the food court is good too.
    Another vote for Pop!
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewdrop034 View Post
    As I write this, I'm sitting on the edge of the bed at the All star Movies Resort nearing 1:00am because some morons two year old is outside screaming at the top of his lungs. This is just one of many horrible experiences I've had here so far.
    I saved a long time to take this vacation and it's virtually been ruined by ignorant parents, no air conditioning, bad food and the list goes on.
    Well, this has been a lesson learned and next time I'll be back at a moderate. Ugh!!
    Can you not get All-Star Movies to move you to a quieter building?
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never again,,

I have a tough time with this one, mind you, we also switched from staying at Pop for SEVERAL years in a row, last straw was also rude cast members AND our non smoking room reeked of SMOKE!! We now stay at moderate resorts.
    A couple of years ago, my DD's and I experienced the Pirates and Pals event, which was a nice experience. However, once on the boat to watch the fireworks, there was a family whose toddler was either over tired or suffering from an ailment of some sort and screamed the entire time while on the boat. NO ONE could console the child, the mother was beside herself and could not hold back her own tears...I wanted to cry right with her, seeing her pain and feeling her pain...It is not something a parent PLANS on occurring, to bother other guests...and, most likely it was only 1 night, right? I recall many sleepless nights with sick children, I don't miss them at all, but, sure do sympathize with the families.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: