Quantcast FastPass Plus Testing has begun for Counter Service - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'd love to just place my order, walk up to a counter, pay and get my food all at once.
    If it works that smoothly.

If they don't remove the step of having to go to Guest Services, what is the point?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of being able to order counter-service meals from my phone while in the park. I'm not following the system Nikki described in the original post, though. That sounds overly complicated for what should be a pretty simple process.

It shouldn't be any different than the Chipotle smartphone app, for instance. With that, you can place your order and pay with a credit card, and you then walk up to a special window in the restaurant to pick it up with minimal wait. Instead of waiting in that massive Be Our Guest line, I'd love to be able to order and pay for my meal while waiting in line at Peter Pan's Flight.

Tons of chain restaurants already do this. It doesn't seem like a big deal. But why would anyone have to go to Guest Relations for this to work? That seems more difficult than necessary.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about all this, the more I realize I just don't have faith in Disney and their websites, apps, etc. With their track record in this department, I think it's justified to feel this way. I hope I'm proven wrong, and this (and all this + stuff) will be a smooth operation that greatly enhances the park goers day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The more I think about all this, the more I realize I just don't have faith in Disney and their websites, apps, etc. With their track record in this department, I think it's justified to feel this way.
    Yeah, that's the problem. This should be so simple and helpful for people. But you know there's no chance it will work that way. How can a company as integral as Disney be this inept at applying technology?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Mel... Color me skeptical.
    I'm not against it per say. It sounds like some kinks need to be worked out, though.

If a lot of people choose this method, perhaps it will make the lines at peak times more manageable for those of us who aren't regimented, and don't know hours in advance at what precise time we will be hungry...and what we will be hungry for.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    But why would anyone have to go to Guest Relations for this to work? That seems more difficult than necessary.
    You got me there. Perhaps it's just for the test phase? There is a picture of the card on another website and this is clearly listed as step 3.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

This is too much work. It reminds me of the "real world" where everything is ruled by the clock. I don't want that when I'm on vacation. And I don't want to plan today what I'll want for lunch in August.

We'll probably continue to do what we've always done. Schedule CS meals in "off times" and enjoy ourselves. We also don't plan TS meals weeks in advance; we take our chances and always have a back-up plan if we can't get seated in a reasonable amount of time.

On our upcoming trip, we'll plan 4-5 TS meals in advance, but the rest of time time, we'll take our chances. I should mention that we're not planning meals at the top favorites, so we shouldn't have any problem eating at the TS's of our choice.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    You got me there. Perhaps it's just for the test phase? There is a picture of the card on another website and this is clearly listed as step 3.
    I bet the Guest Relations step is just for testing. It's a way to keep track of how many people are actually doing it, vs. those that agreed to do the "test" but just never did it. I'm sure it's a data collecting step.

When you ask people to participate in a test of something, but then you send them on their way, there is always going to be a percentage of people who simply don't participate.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

IF this system would work, we would use it, no questions. We always order the same things at the same counter services because that's what we like. At Flametree we get the chicken and rib combo which is a huge amount of food, but works out perfectly for me, DH and our grandniece. And we get to have lots of choices - chicken, ribs, beans, cole slaw. It's all good.

Same with Cosmic Rays - we always order the same thing.

On our last trip - in February of this year - we looked into Cosmic Rays just after noon and it was packed. We left. Went to the Contemporary CS. (Which caused no little problem because then DH and our grandniece had to figure out something to eat from a strange menu - bit of a melt down there until some fuel and fluids melted the attitudes away.) If we could have ordered ahead, we'd have probably eaten at Cosmic Ray's,

Since several in our extended family group have hypoglycemia issues, we usually eat at certain times, rather than when we feel hungry. Waiting til we feel hungry is a recipe for disaster.

Do I have faith in this working - no. Not even. Are their recent "enhancements" working yet? Thoe enhancements that overbooked BOG all summer?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost guarantee that this sort of thing will only be same day meals. There is NO way they are going to staff CS locations and premake meals based on the "X" number of people who ordered meals from home for any random day 6 months ago. I bet you will only be able to do this while you are INSIDE the park you want to order from, and probably can only order meals a couple hours (at most) in advance. I look at this like any other "take out" places that you can do online ordering from. I can use an app on my phone to order a burrito from Chipotle, but I can't place an order that I want to pick up tomorrow.

I assume once this is live and functional, it will be a matter of simply using a smart phone to "order online" from a selection of CS locations geographically near your current location.

Honestly, this sounds great to me. I always know what I want to order and the worst part of eating CS (for me) is the waiting in line to order, then waiting at the counter for the food. People are so disorganized in these situations and it stresses me out. I'd love to just place my order, walk up to a counter, pay and get my food all at once.
    I agree sounds good to me to. Why is it the biggest argument against this is "you'll have to order 6 months in advance" when this has never been stated anywhere that I know of.
    Its okay if you don't want to use your smartphone and don't want to look at the menu until you get there it just means that there will be fewer people in line with you. I as see it, it will be better for everyone.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I agree sounds good to me to. Why is it the biggest argument against this is "you'll have to order 6 months in advance" when this has never been stated anywhere that I know of.
    Its okay if you don't want to use your smartphone and don't want to look at the menu until you get there it just means that there will be fewer people in line with you. I as see it, it will be better for everyone.
    The "ordering 6 months in advance" wasn't my argument, and I agree there is no way that would work. I just think it seems like a lot of work for a simple CS meal, and am not convinced it will all play out as well as conceived. If all it is is a few taps on a smartphone and walk up to a window and receive our meal in a timely manner, I'm all for it. I just don't have faith it will go that smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    If all it is is a few taps on a smartphone and walk up to a window and receive our meal in a timely manner, I'm all for it. I just don't have faith it will go that smoothly.
    Negative Nancy.

Actually, this is my only hangup with this ENTIRE system. The MyDisneyExperience App stinks to high heaven. It was horrible on my phone last year. We'll see if it's improved any come August.

I am optimistic about the premise of the whole thing, but not so much about the actual implementation considering Disney's awful track record with computer based programs.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Negative Nancy.
    I've been called worse.

But yes, I am about this entire Magic+ stuff. I think it's the worse thing Disney has come up with in years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass to Be Our Guest with Magic Bands?

I received my Magic Bands and was told that if you have them you can get a fp to BOG. Is that true? I went to the site but it won't let me type the letter parts of my confirmation number. Also, I saw a fp available when I go thru dining reservation. But when I go thru the steps, I can't find it again! Help!

Post Thanks / Like

No thank you!

Sounds OK on paper, but I fear what a pp said -we will need ADR 180 days out for CS.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This is just silly. I hope the goal isn't for people to use up one of their 3 FP+ allotment to get chicken fingers. Of course, those people would probably win the silliest use of FP+ award, in direct competition with anyone who wastes one on any attraction that is consistently walk-on or less than 5 minute wait all day every day. Of course, there is nothing in MDE that warns you about making dumb/wasteful selections.

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost guarantee that this sort of thing will only be same day meals. There is NO way they are going to staff CS locations and premake meals based on the "X" number of people who ordered meals from home for any random day 6 months ago. I bet you will only be able to do this while you are INSIDE the park you want to order from, and probably can only order meals a couple hours (at most) in advance. I look at this like any other "take out" places that you can do online ordering from. I can use an app on my phone to order a burrito from Chipotle, but I can't place an order that I want to pick up tomorrow.

I assume once this is live and functional, it will be a matter of simply using a smart phone to "order online" from a selection of CS locations geographically near your current location.

Honestly, this sounds great to me. I always know what I want to order and the worst part of eating CS (for me) is the waiting in line to order, then waiting at the counter for the food. People are so disorganized in these situations and it stresses me out. I'd love to just place my order, walk up to a counter, pay and get my food all at once.
    I agree, if this was to come to pass I'd imagine it would be a lot like this. And to be honest if I know I've just walked on to an hour long line at Test Track and I can spend some of that time looking at the menu at sunshine seasons via my phone, walk off the ride and right into my order, I'm ok with that.

I'm even more ok with not having to deal with a cranky DH when we have to stand in line for 45 minutes to get lunch...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Ugh, I agree with whoever said "Exhausting". Seems like way to much trouble for a meal that should be quick and easy. I don't see us every using this either.
    I agree.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost guarantee that this sort of thing will only be same day meals. There is NO way they are going to staff CS locations and premake meals based on the "X" number of people who ordered meals from home for any random day 6 months ago. I bet you will only be able to do this while you are INSIDE the park you want to order from, and probably can only order meals a couple hours (at most) in advance.

Yep...I agree. You took the words right out of my mouth.
    It will definitely have to be a same day feature for the reasons you stated.
    I actually like it, too--especially for seasoned WDW travelers that know what they want to eat at each CS location. We always travel with 2-3 people in our group so this would be both an easy and convenient option for us.
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

After experiencing fastpass+ my opinion has changed, I liked not having to run for fastpasses first thing in the morning. As long as it is not too far in advance, I think it will be great. Remember you can now choose when you want to return, we don't have to worry about a fastpass conflicting with an ADR.

Fastpass+ for CS? At first my thought is no, but why not, sure beats waiting in the sun for an hour. And to the argument that only people in the know will do it, only people in the know wait in line for an hour. Others go for lunch, see the line, go somewhere else. Again, as long as its not too far in advance, I say lets give it a try.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: