Quantcast insight into how fastpasses will change - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I realize that things haven't completely rolled out yet and it might still be a while, but based on some of the possibilities on how this would work, I'm just still confused. It would be nice to have some FP's already "pre-resevered" for some times throughout a part of the day - I just don't know how it relates to getting additional FP's, or if you are limited to ONLY the 3 or 4 you would initially get. If they end up doing away (at some point) with the FP machines entirely, I guess that ends up being my question.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregandmel View Post
    Well I realize that things haven't completely rolled out yet and it might still be a while, but based on some of the possibilities on how this would work, I'm just still confused. It would be nice to have some FP's already "pre-resevered" for some times throughout a part of the day - I just don't know how it relates to getting additional FP's, or if you are limited to ONLY the 3 or 4 you would initially get. If they end up doing away (at some point) with the FP machines entirely, I guess that ends up being my question.
    Disney has stated on the TOS that you would be able to book 3 rides using FP+... The TOS page also states that, once FP+ is live, and you use FP+, and you have your paper ticket converted to RFID card, you'll no longer be able to use the current FP system...

As of now, nothing has changed other than you no longer have a paper ticket... You will have a RFID card... The RFID card allows you to use the current FP system as it is... Once FP+ comes online that will change...

When FP+ goes live is anyone's guess... testing hasn't gone as well as they had hoped, leading to blowing past the $1 billion budget...

Like everything else, this is something people will have to get used to... It just feels like too much of a chore, and really, it is... Disney vacations should be fun, magical, and easy, not a second job... Then again, with the way the prices are going out of control, you'll need a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th job just to afford to visit the parks...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably not going to renew APs because of FP...

This whole thing sounds incredibly complicated and from what others have posted on here, this is going to have the unfortunate effect of turning away loyal guests.

We are a family of five and we are Florida Annual Passholders. If Disney will no longer be providing Fast Passes to those not staying on property, WE WILL NOT RENEW our annual passes.

Does anyone know if they have decided whether or not to shut out those not staying on property?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    This whole thing sounds incredibly complicated and from what others have posted on here, this is going to have the unfortunate effect of turning away loyal guests.

We are a family of five and we are Florida Annual Passholders. If Disney will no longer be providing Fast Passes to those not staying on property, WE WILL NOT RENEW our annual passes.

Does anyone know if they have decided whether or not to shut out those not staying on property?
    Under Disney FastPass+ Service in the Terms and Conditions of My Disney Experience:

"To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account." (Meaning the My Disney Experience account.)

"Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets."
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

This scheduling everything now including ride times has sucked all the fun out of the vacation.
    Don't they think people will be turned off by this???
    They have a good product already, why ruin it?
    Seriously????

Maybe six flags has the right idea, just pay extra and you can be at the front of the line always. There are 3 tiers of pricing.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    . . . .
    Maybe six flags has the right idea, just pay extra and you can be at the front of the line always. There are 3 tiers of pricing.

Julie
    I fear that's exactly where the Disney Parks are headed in the long run.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    This scheduling everything now including ride times has sucked all the fun out of the vacation.
    Don't they think people will be turned off by this???
    They have a good product already, why ruin it?
    Seriously????

Julie
    TDO's M.O. is "if it is broke, don't fix it, and if it isn't broke, then break it"...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is pointing in the direction of us not being a Disney family anymore...and that is unfortunate.

Post Thanks / Like

What if we just hold onto our old passes until we absoutely have to change over?? Will we still be able to use the old FastPass system?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just called the main WDW resort number and asked for clarification on all of this madness. The cast member listened to what I was asking and then asked if she could put me on hold. I said yes, and stayed on hold for about fifteen minutes.

When she got back on the phone with me, she said that they are STILL IN THE TESTING PHASES for all of this garbage and that the information that they have at this point for usage of both the RFID cards and/or the RFID bracelets both indicate that AP guests may still obtain Fastpasses on the day of admission in any given park, including multiple parks when going from one park to another.

"Nothing has been set in stone" and she said "don't pay any attention to any discussions about having to reserve 60 days in advance."

I asked the lady who assisted me to communicate up her ladder to anyone in any decision making authority to advise them that making decisions to exclude locals from Fastpass access if they are not staying on WDW property is not a wise marketing direction for the company. She said that she would do so. I plan also to send an email on this matter.

I will reiterate that we are seriously considering just not renewing in November.

The trouble's not worth the trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    OK, I just called the main WDW resort number and asked for clarification on all of this madness. The cast member listened to what I was asking and then asked if she could put me on hold. I said yes, and stayed on hold for about fifteen minutes.

When she got back on the phone with me, she said that they are STILL IN THE TESTING PHASES for all of this garbage and that the information that they have at this point for usage of both the RFID cards and/or the RFID bracelets both indicate that AP guests may still obtain Fastpasses on the day of admission in any given park, including multiple parks when going from one park to another.

"Nothing has been set in stone" and she said "don't pay any attention to any discussions about having to reserve 60 days in advance."

I asked the lady who assisted me to communicate up her ladder to anyone in any decision making authority to advise them that making decisions to exclude locals from Fastpass access if they are not staying on WDW property is not a wise marketing direction for the company. She said that she would do so. I plan also to send an email on this matter.

I will reiterate that we are seriously considering just not renewing in November.

The trouble's not worth the trouble.
    First of all, unfortunately, you cannot rely on that resort line to give consistent information. They are removed from the park and some are even in Tampa and they only know what they are told and are in a call center away from the "real world" of Disney vacationing.

Second, Official word being told to my CM friends from WDW Leadership, as this has been a hot topic for them as well, since CMs spend much free time in the parks, is that resort guests will be able to reserve first 60 days in advance, but CMs and APs will be able to reserve 10-15 days in advance. The people that should be frustrated are day Guests that by their One Day Pass the day of. Though, I really do think that attractions will not run out by the day of because so many people won't know to do this process or won't want to.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

Katie,

Thank you for the info and clarification! I guess there really is no choice other than to just wait and see how this all shakes out.

I agree with those of the opinion that, at first glance, this sounds more complicated than just taking the existing paper tickets to a Fastpass kiosk.

I suppose that if this does work out in the end and if it alleviates the problem of having to break the land speed record to Toy Story Mania in the morning and/or Soarin', etc., then it may work out to be beneficial.

Post Thanks / Like

Default insight into how fast passes have changed

What about people like me who do not have a smart phone and am not about to carry my kindle fire around just for fast passes.
    Justice11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justice11 View Post
    What about people like me who do not have a smart phone and am not about to carry my kindle fire around just for fast passes.
    Guess you'll just have to wait in the Stand-By queues....

I think there is a lot to be worked out on this system before it can be fully implemented.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justice11 View Post
    You know, one thing I hadn't thought of is the number of people who will now be encouraged to look down at their smart device while walking around the parks just to check wait times, FPs or restaurant ressies. Ugh. It's hard enough to navigate around people now who are looking down while walking or stopping dead in their tracks to check their phones.

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene in Wall-E where people are riding vehicles just looking at screens, not even noticing that there's a swimming pool on their ship.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    You know, one thing I hadn't thought of is the number of people who will now be encouraged to look down at their smart device while walking around the parks just to check wait times, FPs or restaurant ressies. Ugh. It's hard enough to navigate around people now who are looking down while walking or stopping dead in their tracks to check their phones.

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene in Wall-E where people are riding vehicles just looking at screens, not even noticing that there's a swimming pool on their ship.
    You know, I mentioned this before, and was basically laughed at by the defenders of the rat, I mean mouse... This will become a problem, mark my words...

And as for those without smartphones, rumor is (I say rumor because no one knows for sure) Disney will have a device for you to rent... yes, rent... hey they need to recover the $2 billion for this mess somehow...

Post Thanks / Like

So much borrowing worries from the future on this thread. Everyone acknowledges that we don't know how this is going to work or what impacts it will have. I don't get why so many are choosing to assume that it will ruin the whole WDW experience. The fact that you don't yet know what the plan is doesn't mean they can't possibly develop a system that will work out well.

Clearly is being very cautious and patient will the role-out process. Doesn't seem like the same can be said for the fan community at all.
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJason View Post
    So much borrowing worries from the future on this thread. Everyone acknowledges that we don't know how this is going to work or what impacts it will have. I don't get why so many are choosing to assume that it will ruin the whole WDW experience. The fact that you don't yet know what the plan is doesn't mean they can't possibly develop a system that will work out well.

Clearly is being very cautious and patient will the role-out process. Doesn't seem like the same can be said for the fan community at all.
    Amen, brother!
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Amen, brother!
    Ditto
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJason View Post

Well let's see... it takes away a spontaneous vacation... Um, it will increase stand by wait times DRAMATICALLY... Um, hmmm it makes booking a stress free and fun vacation STRESSFUL and LESS FUN and NO WAY MAGICAL... Oh, let's toss this on out there... Did you know that there will be FP+ only experiences that, unless you get the FP+ for it, you WON'T be able to experience said, um experience??? I know for a fact there is a meet and greet being designed (maybe already getting built, but not sure, cannot confirm) where only guests who book it through FP+ can experience this meet and greet.... All others? Nah... Now, hmmm, I thought WDW was about all guests being treated as equals once you pass through the gates??? Guess that goes out the window...

Sorry Lisa, you cannot meet Minnie Mouse cause we booked FP+ for Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride and Rock N Roller Coaster, and we had to stand in a 2 hour stand by line for TSMM... So, nope.. Sorry, no magic for you!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: