Quantcast Diagon Alley Officially Announced - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I seem to remember universal selling a special Harry Potter package for the time period just before official opening of WWOHP. These packages allowed guest who purchased them to be the first to experience the new area before it officially opened to the public. Any word on if they plan to do this again? If so we will probably try to go. If not we might wait close to a year after it opens to visit. I remember how insanely crazy that first year was when WWOHP opened, especially that first summer!
    Nothing on that front yet... I wouldn't be surprised if they did not do it this time.. They don't need to, not that they needed to before... Potter will draw the crowds in... I can see them doing it last time because the parks were all by left for dead... They gave an added enticement for people to go... This time, they don't need to give that enticement... More Potter is enough... And it is a proven success..

OK, I don't know if this has been discussed but The only way to get onto the Hogwarts Express is via Platform 9 3/4 in Kings Cross Station... you cannot enter Kings Cross in Diagon Alley, just like the books... you can only enter Kings Cross from London... Once you arrive at Kings Cross from IOA, you will exit into London, just like the books... You cannot access Diagon Alley from the train station...

Oh and the trains for the Hogwarts Express are now on site... They are AWESOME looking!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

OK, I don't know if this has been discussed but The only way to get onto the Hogwarts Express is via Platform 9 3/4 in Kings Cross Station... you cannot enter Kings Cross in Diagon Alley, just like the books... you can only enter Kings Cross from London... Once you arrive at Kings Cross from IOA, you will exit into London, just like the books... You cannot access Diagon Alley from the train station...

Oh and the trains for the Hogwarts Express are now on site... They are AWESOME looking!!!!
    Well, if they are going to all this trouble ... Is the train station going all the way to FJ Ride/Hogwarts Castle? It is the "Hogwarts Express" and goes to Hogwarts, not Hogsmeade (didn't they just change the name of the land to The Village of Hogsmeade?)

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Well, if they are going to all this trouble ... Is the train station going all the way to FJ Ride/Hogwarts Castle? It is the "Hogwarts Express" and goes to Hogwarts, not Hogsmeade (didn't they just change the name of the land to The Village of Hogsmeade?)
    I re-read my post and realized it might come across as ugly or abrupt. I in know way meant it in that context and if anyone read it as such, I sincerely apologize. I guess I was typing and posting too quickly.

I am really just curious where they are going to locate the train station in IOA. I assumed with Dragon's Challenge on one side and the canal on the other side, they would have to leave it probably where the train is now located.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

I re-read my post and realized it might come across as ugly or abrupt. I in know way meant it in that context and if anyone read it as such, I sincerely apologize. I guess I was typing and posting too quickly.

I am really just curious where they are going to locate the train station in IOA. I assumed with Dragon's Challenge on one side and the canal on the other side, they would have to leave it probably where the train is now located.
    The Hogsmeade station is going to be by Dragon Challenge, in between DC and Lost Continent and the entrance to Hogsmeade... When you exit the train and go through the station, you should be entering right into Hogsmeade village... There are pictures of the IOA train station construction out there on the web.. We can't post them here or else i would have to help ya to see where exactly it is being constructed... Oh and anyone going to HHN during October may be able to see the train testing while in the queue for two of the houses...

I don't believe the train in the books or the movies ever exited right into Hogwarts... But, it also didn't exit right into Hogsmeade either... Just part of the theme park world where guests have to suspend belief LOL...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

The Hogsmeade station is going to be by Dragon Challenge, in between DC and Lost Continent and the entrance to Hogsmeade... When you exit the train and go through the station, you should be entering right into Hogsmeade village... There are pictures of the IOA train station construction out there on the web.. We can't post them here or else i would have to help ya to see where exactly it is being constructed... Oh and anyone going to HHN during October may be able to see the train testing while in the queue for two of the houses...

I don't believe the train in the books or the movies ever exited right into Hogwarts... But, it also didn't exit right into Hogsmeade...
    That location you described sounds like the location the train is currently in. I hadn't thought much about the books, but had always assumed that's where the train would come in since the train already appears there.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

That location you described sounds like the location the train is currently in. I hadn't thought much about the books, but had always assumed that's where the train would come in since the train already appears there.
    You are talking the photo op right? I don't think the train station is all that close, but I could be wrong... I haven't seen any over head shots to see exactly how close the station is to the photo op area...

I'm going to check out Google Earth to see if I can figure that out... BRB...

EDIT: Ok after looking at Google Earth, here is how I can describe where the station is going... Right in between the show building for Sinbad and the coaster tracks for Dragon Challenge... If I can pin point the exact photo op area of the Hogwarts Express engine, the station appears to be getting built close enough to there to make it seem as if the train engine is pulling into that same photo op area... Now, I only see cleared land, no construction on Google Earth so that may not realy be a good judge of how long the station will be in IOA... That land may have been cleared for construction purposes and the walk way...

Post Thanks / Like

You are talking the photo op right? I don't think the train station is all that close, but I could be wrong... I haven't seen any over head shots to see exactly how close the station is to the photo op area...
    Yes, I am talking about the fake train/photo op. It is located between Dragon challenge and the entrance to Hogsmead. If I am not mistaken it's the first thing you see when you enter through the Hogsmead entrance. If I am remembering correctly you first see the train, then the lockers, then the queue entrance to DC. Not sure where else they could fit it, the rest of WWOHP seems fairly tight!

And if the train station ends up located elsewhere I sure hope they plan to remove/replace the current photo op train. Can't have two Hogwarts Express trains!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

In the movies, from what I remember anyway, they never show where the train stops exactly in comparison to the castle, but I remember, at least in one movie anyway, they take a row boat to get to the castle....It's been a long time since I have watched any of the movies, we used to watch them all of the time when my son was younger.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

If we're going to get technical, guests shouldn't have to walk through Hogsmeade to get to Hogwarts, as Harry had never been to Hogsmeade until he got his cloak and the Marauders map. The train stop should be between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, yet downhill.
    I don't mind suspending belief to be able to ride the Hogwarts Express, though. I wonder if we'll be able to buy anything from the trolley while riding?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    If we're going to get technical, guests shouldn't have to walk through Hogsmeade to get to Hogwarts, as Harry had never been to Hogsmeade until he got his cloak and the Marauders map. The train stop should be between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, yet downhill.
    I don't mind suspending belief to be able to ride the Hogwarts Express, though. I wonder if we'll be able to buy anything from the trolley while riding?
    I would not expect the candy cart down the isle if the train... 1) too much will be going on inside and 2) the ride is only going to be 4 minutes long...

9 3/4 station is going to be HUGE..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am talking about the fake train/photo op. It is located between Dragon challenge and the entrance to Hogsmead. If I am not mistaken it's the first thing you see when you enter through the Hogsmead entrance. If I am remembering correctly you first see the train, then the lockers, then the queue entrance to DC. Not sure where else they could fit it, the rest of WWOHP seems fairly tight!

And if the train station ends up located elsewhere I sure hope they plan to remove/replace the current photo op train. Can't have two Hogwarts Express trains!
    After I looked it up I did my best to try to picture where the photo op is... I remember it was by the entrance gate, so I tried to locate that gate on Google Earth... I think the construction may go from that point all the way down to the access road, filling in the area between Sinbad's show building and the tracks of Dragon Challenge... Now, what I cannot figure out, and I'm trying to, is if the station is being constructed all the way from the street to the photo op or if the land was cleared to form a walk way...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we'll be able to buy anything from the trolley while riding?
    I would not expect the candy cart down the isle if the train... 1) too much will be going on inside and 2) the ride is only going to be 4 minutes long...

9 3/4 station is going to be HUGE..
    That was me being silly.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

That was me being silly.
    You being silly becomes someone else believing it.. Sometimes gotta put the squash down before things get out of control..

Post Thanks / Like

From Google earth, I can see the construction area behind the Train photo-op area at IOA (along and between Sinbad and Dragon Challenge). But what is the expected route of the train from the Diagon Alley/London area at U.S. Anyone know?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    From Google earth, I can see the construction area behind the Train photo-op area at IOA (along and between Sinbad and Dragon Challenge). But what is the expected route of the train from the Diagon Alley/London area at U.S. Anyone know?
    Yes... All along the back stage service road directly behind USO then turning down toward IOA... Without the ability to post pictures here it makes it hard to describe the actual route...

Post Thanks / Like

We are all so excited for this expansion. We are already Planning a Universal only trip for mid to late next year, 2014.

We just stayed on site for the first time and absolutely loved the accommodations at Universal. I think we will be doing less Disney, more Universal from now on.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    We are all so excited for this expansion. We are already Planning a Universal only trip for mid to late next year, 2014.

We just stayed on site for the first time and absolutely loved the accommodations at Universal. I think we will be doing less Disney, more Universal from now on.

Glad you had an open mind and tried staying on site. I enjoy staying on site at Universal more than staying on site at Disney also. I feel the over all experience is just better.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Gringott's trains have started to cycle... With at least one making the full trip around the track... Also, a Hogwarts Express train has been running, slowly, from Gringott's to IOA and back... Testing and cycling of the system... Expect lots more testing, so if you are at the park, be on the look out for the Hogwarts train... of course, not open to guests to test...

Post Thanks / Like

Giving Disney a run for its money? They have Disney shaking in their boots... Which could only mean good things for those of us who love theme parks
    Hmmm...1,000 acres vs. 27,000 acres? It would be like comparing Delaware to Florida...literally! Florida's land mass is almost 27 times the size of Delaware's.

Universal is and will always be like going to any other amusement park. They will never be able to compare to the experience that is Disney and being immersed in that world.

Finally, WDW had 48.5M park visitors in 2012 and Universal only had 14.1M. Yes, they may have kicked it up a notch boosting their attendance almost 20% in the last five years, but they are still less than 30% of Disney's (FL) overall attendance.

I don't think anyone at WDW this past weekend would think Disney is "shaking in their boots." Between a sold out MVMCP, two runs, the end of Food & Wine and a holiday weekend...that place was jumping!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

This post had me laughing, but ok, I'll play along...

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Hmmm...1,000 acres vs. 27,000 acres? It would be like comparing Delaware to Florida...literally! Florida's land mass is almost 27 times the size of Delaware's.
    The size of Disney World is its downfall.. They have too much land, not only that, they are too big... Why are they in the mess they are in? Cause they cannot handle the size... And let's not forget, TWDC has been selling off land to lessen their foot print...

As for Universal, no, they won't ever have the land mass Disney does... That is a good thing... Staying a tad smaller is better than being a giant... Universal will be more able to handle their parks, new water park, transportation, and hotels much better...

Universal is and will always be like going to any other amusement park. They will never be able to compare to the experience that is Disney and being immersed in that world.
    When people (Disney fans) say this, their argument is weak.. Universal is like any other amusement park? Someone has NEVER been there if they say this... But then again, Disney fans think calling Universal an amusement park is a way to denounce Universal.. But, hmm, I have never been to an amusement park with such detailed theme as Universal... Heck IOA has more theme than Epcot does... Yes, I said it... Six Flags is an amusement park, Cedar Fair, Hershey Park all amusement parks... Universal and IOA are theme parks... But wait, want Disney fans heads to explode? What did Walt Disney call Disneyland? Oh yea, AN AMUSEMENT PARK...
    Finally, WDW had 48.5M park visitors in 2012 and Universal only had 14.1M. Yes, they may have kicked it up a notch boosting their attendance almost 20% in the last five years, but they are still less than 30% of Disney's (FL) overall attendance.
    Universal's attendance has gone up more than 20% over the last 3 years alone... WDW's has been flat... Someone is also failing to look at the bigger picture, something Disney fans always do...

I don't think anyone at WDW this past weekend would think Disney is "shaking in their boots." Between a sold out MVMCP, two runs, the end of Food & Wine and a holiday weekend...that place was jumping!
    Funny, I have talked to people and read other reports that say WDW is far from "jumping" as you put it... Most people I'm talking to have said just the opposite... Rides have been walk on... That isn't jumping...

If things were jumping, why aren't the resorts booked 100%? Cause maybe people are realizing they are getting ripped off? And maybe cause more and more people are taking time away from WDW and visiting other areas...

Again, WDW fans live in a Fantasy world where they cannot see or refuse to understand the bigger picture here... People used to come to Orlando to vacation, stay on Disney property, and spend an entire 7 day vacation in WDW... That isn't the case anymore... Where WDW hotels used to be at 80-90 or more percent full, some of them are having a hard time getting to 60% full... WDW has lost days to Universal... People are now cutting 2 or 3 days off their 7 day trip and spending those days over at Universal, and some over at Legoland and SeaWorld... LegoLand is going just fine... SeaWorld is the biggest loser so far...

More money is being spent in Universal now than ever before... Money that Disney is losing... Think Disney does not care about that? They sure do... Think TDO does not care? You bet they do... Disney wants all your money, and does not want you to spend a dime elsewhere... But people are doing just that, spending it elsewhere... And since the numbers get bigger on Universal's side (actual sales in Universal are up, not just prices unlike in WDW), TDO managers are shaking in their boots... And when Diagon Alley opens in 2014 along with Universal's value resort, Disney will continue to lose market share...

Again, look at the big picture, and it becomes much more clear...

This is the last I'll comment on warped dreams and fantasy world ramblings... This thread is about Diagon Alley progress.... And will remain on that topic...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: