Quantcast Disney week on Destination America channel.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney week on Destination America channel.

Saw a commercial about Disney week for the Destination America channel next week. Don't know much about what kind of shows since we don't get that channel but some people might.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it on Time Warner Cable. Will have to look at the schedule and check it out!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

From what I saw on their website it looks like the old Travel Channel shows.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

The only new show is the Disney Cruise Line: Behind the Magic.

Airs tomorrow (Monday) at 9pm ET.

The rest are reruns of the old Travel Channel shows from years ago.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about any other episodes, but the show about the Disneyland Resort is either new or updated. There are portions covering the changes at DCA and the Fantasy Faire area at Disneyland.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing on the channels website there was some that said revision by the title, so they must have updated certain ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the rest of you but I am very disappointed in these shows. Comcast had them OnDemand a few years ago and the latest show is from 2004. In nine years they couldn't do a single update?!
    On a similar note, just for fun I ordered the vacation planning DVD for DW and boy was that a bust. I couldn't believe how dated it was. Fantasy land has been open for a while and they had scenes from early last year (we were down in May and looked like the DVD). Most of it was just artist renderings and not even the good ones. Sooooo disappointed and I'm not sure that would entice a newbie to go down. Sorry for the rant, I know Disney can do better!!

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

BigB, the Disney Cruise show was actually new. They included the Dream and the Fantasy, which have only been in service 2 and 1 years, respectively,

We DVRed most of them. I'm expecting them to be ones we've seen before, but I did think the Disneyland one looked like it had been updated just from the previews I saw of it, like TinkWest said.

I hear you on the planning DVD, though. To me, I think making a good planning DVD would not be hard to do every year. They've had the same basic DVD for a few years now, and the stuff on New Fantasyland is a joke. They can definitely do better in that area.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The titles are totally misleading!

Both shows I've seen so far have been brand new. The Disney Cruise Line one and the Disneyland Resort one were absolutely 100% new, even though the Disneyland one was supposedly from 2003, and was listed as NOT new. Glad I caught the last part of it and realized it was totally different, so I set up my DVR to get the rerun last night at 11pm. I have since set the DVR to record tonight's and tomorrow's "old" WDW episodes as well, because I suspect they will also be "new."
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure the Disneyland one is 100% new? Like I said in my post above on the Destination America site it shows some as a Reversion (Disneyland one included) so maybe the last part of the show was new. I remember the Travel Channel episode of Animal Kingdom did that where they added new clips at the end but rest of show was old.

The Ultimate WDW one says it a reversion too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Are you sure the Disneyland one is 100% new? Like I said in my post above on the Destination America site it shows some as a Reversion (Disneyland one included) so maybe the last part of the show was new. I remember the Travel Channel episode of Animal Kingdom did that where they added new clips at the end but rest of show was old.

The Ultimate WDW one says it a reversion too.
    Yep, the Disneyland one is 100% new. Same narrator, same title, COMPLETELY different show from the last one.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate WDW was definitely updated. It had some older segments mixed in, but lots and lots of new stuff.

Only watched intro for Undiscovered Disney Parks, but that seems like it's the same from 2010.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: