Quantcast Quick trip for Adults Only!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick trip for Adults Only!

Ok, just got back from a quick 3 day trip and I must say I'm feeling really good about the world right now. The plan was my wife and I and another couple were leaving the kids home, heading to boardwalk for 3 days of drinking and relaxing. Well that was before we found out about our "surprise" pregnancy. Not wanting to cancel on our friends we decided to still go. We arrived Friday morning and immediately heading for epcot. Had lunch at the new French bakery which was pretty good and strolled around world showcase before heading to future world. With the exception of soarin' we did every ride by about 4 o'clock. Not 1 wait for anything. I loved the new test track. We did single rider for that and skipped over the create your own ride part. For the most part it seemed everyone was skipping over it too. Had a 740 ADR for mama melroses and headed to the studios around 5. Walked on tot, RNr coaster, Star Wars not one wait. Dinner was great always loved that place. Saw fantasmic for the 1st time in 3 or 4 years. Got there 20mins before show time and had our choice of seats. My wife and I were pointing things out that we thought were new but may have been mistaken. The only thing we definitely noticed that was odd was that the steamboat was being pushed out by another boat. Other than that we thought the show was great and headed home.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 2. My wife awoke at 4am and proceeded to throw up for a good hour. Being 17 weeks pregnant and the 1st 12 or so weeks she had bad morning sickness we passed it off as just that. Went back to sleep and woke up around 830ish. Still sick and throwing up my wife decided not to go out at all. We had an ADR at Ohana that nite and she did not want me to miss that. She knows that 90% of the reason I still wanted to come was to go there. She said to go out and by dinner she'll be fine. So the other couple and I went to AK and again walked on to every ride. Couldn't believe it. Also I noticed the new addition to the safari where you can get out and walk. Definitely doing that next time. Looked so cool. Anyway by around 12 I was getting worried because she was still getting sick and headed back to BW. I walked in our room and she did not look good. I called urgentcare and without saying any other words they said get her to the hospital ASAP. So I went to the lobby got a taxi (which the boardwalk paid for) and off to celebration we went. The ER was packed, mostly with little kids that had fallen or bumped their heads. Some were really sick with fever and our hearts broke for them. ***** getting sick in disney. Anyway after a very long day into night we finally got out. Turns out at our dinner the night before my wife had the Caesar salad which apparently is a no no for pregnant people. The raw eggs in the dressing did her in. It also didn't help that she doesn't drink a lot of fluids to begin with. They gave her an IV checked the baby and back to the BW for rest we went. Had to replace my Ohana dinner with BW pizza but it was a relief to know she'd be oK. We then noticed that her new iPhone was missing and most likely was left outside the ER or in the cab. After making several calls I tracked it down to the cab that drove us back. The driver Fronz was at epcot dropping people off and immediately after drove the phone to me at the BW. Great experience great guy. Gave him a 20 for being so nice. Cab drivers down there get a bad rap. This guy was the man and totally hooked us up. Finally went to bed.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Day 3. My wife was up and feeling pretty good. The dr at the hospital told her no parks today but she insisted we take her with us. So I did under 1 circumstance. I made her get into a wheelchair for the day and have a drink in her hand at all times. There was virtually no sun out so I wasn't too concerned about her overheating. We had breakfast at kouzzina which is always good and headed to the studios again. Did the rides again and found no lines. Except for toy story which has sadly become a ride we don't even attempt to go on anymore. I also had the greatest "catch" in human history. On rock n roller coaster I accidentally left my hat on. I could feel it coming loose at the beginning and by the time we hit the first loop it flew off. Upside down on the loop I reached out and caught it as it was flying away. I was so tempted to ask if they had any kind of security video so I could see my amazing feat. It was pitch black when I reached out I needed to see how I possibly could have done it. We stopped in the tune in lounge where they serve the best piña colada I've ever had. Then Headed over to MK during a monsoon! We got there and hurried to be our guest for dinner. We noticed that the park was emptying out and after dinner would be fun. I must say completely blown away by our whole dinner experience. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Finally a must do in the MK! After dinner the rain was gone and MK was a ghost town. No lines at all. Great time was had by all even though our middle day was cut short and I was amazed when looking back that in basically 2&1/2 days we managed to do every ride we wanted to without waiting in 1 line. On a weekend no less.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to say the boardwalk was great in giving us taxi vouchers. They didn't have to do that and it was very nice. I will be writing a letter to them to personally thank them again. The staff in the ER at celebration hospital were great. From the info takers to the nurses to the dr all were super nice and really helped make a scary situation comforting. Also the cab co and drivers that took us to and from. Both were very nice and comforting to my wife and the dispatcher that tracked down our driver and helped us get her phone back went above and beyond. It wasn't the phone but the photos and videos of our kids on it that made it so important and they really got that. Thank you. Can't wait to come back with the kids and do it all over again(minus the hospital trip of course). And be our guest is right at the top of our to do list now and the kids are going to love it. Don't know if anyone's reading this I really didn't proofread it and I'm writing it on my phone so sorry for any mistakes. Just needed to write down my up and down weekend and what better place than my favorite fan place.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Glad to hear that your wife and baby are doing fine!

Minus the ER visit, it sounded like a great time!

Happy pregnancy!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your wife was able to enjoy the rest and the trip and everything turned out ok. We had to visit an emergency center while at WDW one year also- scary but everything turned out ok except our youngest leaving on crutches.

Would like to try BOG in the evening, but so far only been able to go for lunch.

Thanks for the report!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad your wife is doing better. Sounds like you got everything accomplished.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness DW and baby are well - and that you still had a good time despite spending time in the ER with a scare. Unreal that you managed to do everything you wanted in such a short amount of time. Thanks for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Your weekend encompassed lots of stress - glad you were actually able to enjoy a bist of it as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick trip report! I'm glad you were able to make the most of your time there, despite the bumps in your plans.

Mar 2017 ASMU
    2016 OKW
    2014 BCV
    2013 WLV
    2012 POFQ/ DCL!!
    2009 POFQ; Sept. DL
    2007 POFQ; Dec. DL
    2004-3X CSR, Pop Century, POFQ/Poly
    2002 YC
    1999 BW Villa
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1994 GF
    1992 & 93 CBR
    1989 GF
    1985-89 Lived in CA; many DL trips
    1971-1984 CR, Poly, & FW several times

Post Thanks / Like

wonderful report, thanks so very much for sharing! So glad that your wife is ok, that must have been so scary!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your poor wife, getting so sick. You must have been so worried. Sick at Disney, no fun. But it does sound like you had some fun anyway, which is great. Most caesar salads no longer contain raw eggs, but it's not worth the risk. Glad the crowds were low and you fit a lot in despite the downtime.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We are both going through a bit of disney withdraw right now. All things disney are really looking up. We booked a trip in early June and all I could get was Saratoga springs which is fine but not at all my first choice. Today I logged on to my member page and wouldn't you know it for the first time our wait list came through! We will be staying in a savanna view room! It's will be my first time at AKL. The boys will love it. My wife is not coming this trip so it's just me and the boys can't wait. Hopefully my luck with the lines can continue into June! (I doubt it).
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

So glad your wife and the baby are fine. Like Sherri, I'm surprised they would still use raw egg in the Caesar salad, it's not allowed around here and I even stopped adding it at home. Thankfully, all worked at well that night for you and she got her phone back to boot!

It's nice that you and you boys will be staying at AKL. I'm sure you'll have a blast.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: