Quantcast Hhn 23 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hhn 23

Post Thanks / Like

I am a HUGE Grimm fan. What was that episode about? With the exception of Grimm and American WW in London I am not familiar with the other stuff so I would have never gotten the clues......Next year I am not going to even try. lol

Can't wait for the party. I am buying my tickets today!

Wasn't Cabin in the Woods a house last year.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Second house is Evil Dead...

So we have:
    CABIN IN THE WOODS
    EVIL DEAD
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill and Ted's will be back, as will the Rocky Horror Picture Show show...

Doctor Jimmy decoded the cryptic clue ACROSTIC... ACROSTIC was the cryptic comment to clue us into EVIL DEAD... How? Here is how:

Remember what ACROSTIC is: An acrostic is a poem or other writing in with the first letter, syllable, or word of each line, paragraph or recurring feature in the text spells out a word or message... Acrostics are used as a device used to retrieve memory...

David
    Eric
    Mia
    Olivia
    Natalie

These characters are from Evil Dead... Look at the first letters... They spell DEMON... An ACROSTIC...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I signed up for the Legendary Truth: The Collective today. We'll see if they send any hints, info, and what the games will reveal.

I'm going to get a Rush of Fear pass, so it's my understanding we'll have access to Legendary Truth interactive game experiences during the event nights. I'm guessing it will be similar to other years where there is a "choose your own adventure" sort of thing via text messages... We'll see!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Universal will be announcing another house tomorrow... Walking Dead anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, but they are dragging this out too long. Just tell us the houses already. And those clues , too hard. I don't have that kind of time to devote to a Halloween Party.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's Walking Dead! I CANNOT wait until October 13th!

The preview for Season 4 at Comic Con was fantastic! My money is on the house being a recap of Season 3. I know that Universal has some jail sets from past houses and I think that will be an easy integration for the WD house!

I have to buy our Rush of Fear tickets. For the first time ever, we are not going to go opening weekend but instead do the 2nd week (we've done 1 night during the 2nd week in the past, but that's it). Our plan is to go 4 nights in a row. It might be a little overkill, but I find each house to be different each time - it just depends on the particular scareactors you run into! I love HHN so much that I'd even be happy hanging out at a scarezone with a drink and watching the madness unfold around us!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Universal just announced it! Walking Dead is officially the next house. I have also heard that Walking Dead will be the theme for all the scarezones, including an area recreating the famous Atlanta scenes with the tank!

Post Thanks / Like

Creative Director, John Murdy describes, “The Walking Dead maze is set in the WEST GEORGIA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, which of course means we’re building a prison…a BIG one… But you’ll also venture outside the walls of the prison…and make a stop in the town of WOODBURY…including the Governor’s aquarium room.”

He also hinted that another scare zone area will be Hershel's barn...

Post Thanks / Like

I have high hopes for these scare zones because HHN 16 back in 2006 had a scare zone called "Deadtropolis" in the New York section. I think it was one of the best they ever did.

Now that the jail is confirmed, I'm sure Universal will be using some of the sets from Psychoscarapy from HHN 16 (set in a mental hospital) as well as the sequel to this house the following year (set in a jail).

Post Thanks / Like

So we have:
    CABIN IN THE WOODS
    EVIL DEAD
    WALKING DEAD

So that leaves:
    HAVOC 2
    RESIDENT EVIL
    LEGENDARY TRUTH
    AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
    GRIMM: LA LLORONA

left to officially announce... I got to pay attention to Dr Jimmy this weekend to see how one of his clues fit into Walking Dead...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, cryptic comment SURNAME decrypted!!!!

WOW, I would never have guessed this... Surname refers to Dr. Jimmy's surname: WALKER... Walker... The zombies of Walking Dead are called walkers... Oy, how the heck were we going to get that? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, I had no idea Dr. Jimmy was more formally known as Dr. Walker hahaha!

Yes, the zombies on Walking Dead are called "walkers". Unless you lived in Woodbury. Then you called them "biters". In case you can't tell, I'm way too invested in this show. I'm SO excited to see what they do with the material. I thought the WD house was good last year, but I think it could have been better. I'm really hoping for something that does not cut any corners - especially in the scarezones!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we're going. They had me at Cabin in the Woods, and then they added Evil Dead, and since we missed last year with Walking Dead...my husband said yesterday just book it. I didn't even have to ask twice.

LOL I haven't told my boys yet they are going- teenagers- lol, they are going to freak!

I do agree though they need to stop dragging it out- it's end of July already. Geez OK. LOL. They have been sort of slow announcing.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from a two week trip to Pandora with soem Disney magineers.. More about that in the Disney threads... Uneventful to say the least.. Anyway, Universal is in REVEAL mode this week as every house will be officially revealed...

These houses have already been revealed:
    CABIN IN THE WOODS
    EVIL DEAD
    WALKING DEAD

This week, Universal has revealed two more, with more to come.. Revealed the other night was:

LA LLORONA.. This house will be based off the urban legend of La LLorona... There was a GRIMM episode which featured the Urban Legend of La Llorona... Not sure they are basing this off Grimm though, but more of the Urban Legend itself... This house will take us to the "watery depths" of the story... The maze should feature water effects and video projections...

Last night, Universal revealed another house: AFTERLIFE: DEATH'S VENGEANCE... As per Universal's reveal:
    Witness the brutal vengeance of his victims as they turn his afterlife into an inescapable hell...

This fall, 2000 volts of electricity are going to send serial killer, Bobby “The Blade” Galleta into a horrific realm of suffering at HHN23 in this new, original haunted house, Afterlife: Death’s Vengeance.

Post Thanks / Like

So officially revealed so far:
    CABIN IN THE WOODS
    EVIL DEAD
    WALKING DEAD
    URBAN LEGENDS: LA LLORONA
    AFTERLIFE: DEATH'S VENGEANCE

Another reveal midnight tonight (or morning technically)...

As for Dr. Jimmy's cryptic clues:

Cryptic clue SILENCIO referred to URBAN LEGENDS: LA LLORONA... There is a movie, Muholland Drive (which we mentioned in this thread!!!)... In the film, two ladies visit a club called CLUB SILENCIO (again, something we mentioned!!!)... One of the acts in the club, Rebecca Del Rio.. She sings Roy Orbison's song CRYING, but she sings it in SPANISH... SILENCIO is Spanish, Rebecca Del Rio is Spanish.. LA LLORONA is Spanish... LA LLORONA is also known for her crying wails.. WOW.. Never would have guessed that one LOL..

Cryptic clue: FLASHBACK refers to AFTERLIFE: DEATH'S VENGEANCE... How, well here it is... Bobby the Blade Galleta is a serial killer from a town called Cary... In this house we will be visiting his inner turmoil as well as his afterlife of torment... in 3D apparently... As for FLASHBACK, we will be revisiting Bobby's crimes as he is strapped into the electric chair, being electrified... Hence, we are part of his FLASHBACKS...

This house sounds truly dark... I cannot wait.. Tickets bought: OCTOBER 27!!!!

Tonight's reveal, I have a feeling from the clue posted on FB will be HAVOC... We'll find out at midnight...

Post Thanks / Like

OMG we got part of the clue right! I can't believe it......I know I said it before but there was no way to guess what the house was supposed to be with those "clues".

They gave one clue for each house...right? IMO in order to guess the houses you should get a clue that leads you to the next clue and so on. Getting one word clues that don't mean anything to each other made it impossible to make any kind of correct guess, especially for the "original" themed houses.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Universal announced/revealed Havoc 2 at midnight (last night/this morning).. Here is how they describe Havoc 2: Derailed....

WARNING: In this all-new original house the train convoy has derailed and the bloodthirsty maniacs are loose.

Escaping them this time will be a hard feat…the “Dogs of War” return to HHN23 in this sequel house, Havoc 2: Derailed.
    This year's HHN is shaping up to be AWESOME...

And Dr. Jimmy's cryptic comment SIMON referred to Havoc 2: Derailed... How, well, he describes it this way: 1) Joe Simon created Captain America... Steve Rogers is used for a super soldier program, and he becomes Captain America... Havoc: Dogs of War deals with a super soldier program, but it goes wrong.. and 2) Simon Barsinister is the doctor who performed experiments on animals and wound of creating a super dog, Underdog... Take this and apply it to the nickname these super soldiers in Havoc are referred to, Dogs of War... Under Dog/Dogs of War... Interesting.. Cryptic comments left to be decrypted are BALLOONS and CHRISTINE... The list I provided before, we have 3 left: RESIDENT EVIL, AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, and LEGENDARY TRUTH... But we have only 1 or 2 houses left, so one or two may be wrong.. Legendary Truth is not because they have started the "recruiting"... And have a live website for Legendary Truth.. But maybe it won't be a house?? I don't know... How do BALLOONS and CHRISTINE fit into Resident Evil and American Werewolf in London????

So officially revealed so far:
    CABIN IN THE WOODS
    EVIL DEAD
    WALKING DEAD
    URBAN LEGENDS: LA LLORONA
    AFTERLIFE: DEATH'S VENGEANCE
    HAVOC 2: DERAILED

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the original list I posted way back when, showing the IPs to be used for this year's houses in case anyone is trying to follow along with the reveals to what I posted a while back...

CABIN IN THE WOODS (revealed)
    HAVOC 2 (revealed)
    RESIDENT EVIL
    LEGENDARY TRUTH
    AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
    THE EVIL DEAD (revealed)
    WALKING DEAD 2 (revealed)
    GRIMM: LA LLORONA (revealed although GRIMM was removed and replaced with URBAN LEGENDS)

And AFTERLIFE was revealed but not in the original list... makes me wonder which one of those I listed that has not been revealed yet is wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

With the clue posted today, I have a feeling American Werewolf in London will be announced at midnight... Less than 2 hours til we find out...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: