Quantcast September or November??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default September or November??

I am trying to plan a disney trip in the fall. I have to work around school breaks, so it's either Wednesday to Sunday right after LaborDay in September or Wednesday to Sunday of Jersey week in November...

I have been during Jersey week before and enjoy seeing the Xmas decorations go up, but the airfare is around $200 less to go in September...

Any opinions??? Is one time of year better than the other??
    WDW:
    Aug 2007- Off-site
    Aug 2008- Dolphin
    Aug 2009- Dolphin
    May 2010- Dolphin
    July 2010- Dolphin
    Feb 2011- Dolphin
    July 2011- Dolphin
    November 2011- Coronado Springs
    August 2012- Coronado Springs
    December 2012- Coronado Springs
    April 2013- Pop
    August 2013- Dolphin<3

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

September is the slowest time of year! The crowds are non existent to very manageable. While November has the Christmas decorations, September has Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. MK is decorated for halloween.
    If MNSSHP is scheduled during your visit, I highly recommend it (It may not start right after labor day). You will get more candy than you can imagine, the HalloWishes fireworks are the best I've seen and the party is incredible. November is a great time to go as well but If you've already done November - give Sept a try. Save the $$ for airfare and go to MNSSHP

You can't go wrong either way
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conan617 View Post
    September is the slowest time of year! The crowds are non existent to very manageable. While November has the Christmas decorations, September has Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. MK is decorated for halloween.
    If MNSSHP is scheduled during your visit, I highly recommend it (It may not start right after labor day). You will get more candy than you can imagine, the HalloWishes fireworks are the best I've seen and the party is incredible. November is a great time to go as well but If you've already done November - give Sept a try. Save the $$ for airfare and go to MNSSHP

You can't go wrong either way
    yes september is slow but when tmz is going there won't be MNSSHP . it starts on the 11 this year the halloween decorations will be up or started to get put up. If you are going durring jersey week it will be busier but you will have the food and wine fest to look forward to
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

We like going the week of labor day as the crowds are very manageable. The only down side is hurricane season, but it never keeps us from going.

Hope his helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    The only down side is hurricane season, but it never keeps us from going.
    Yep. Peak hurricane season, but the chances of one impacting your vacation are reasonably low. The bigger issue for me is early September is MUCH hotter and more humid than mid-Nov. In early Sept. you're still dealing with low to mid 90s and very high humidity while Nov is generally much more comfortable.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The September dates have lower crowds but it is still very hot and humid. While it is hurricane season, like Chris said, the possibility of actually having an impact from a hurricane is pretty slim (not impossible but still slim)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

November was awesome!!!

Temps were never above 80 degrees and there was little humidity.

LOVED IT!!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

We used to go in September but it was just too hot for us. Now we go in October or November and love that time. If you don't mind the heat September is a great time to go.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip we went in early November for almost two weeks. The weather was nice. Our previous two trips now have been during the Christmas season. I really enjoy seeing the Osborne Lights and it will be difficult for me not to see them on our next trip in July.

In short; the Osborne Lights would tilt the scale for me.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

We've done both. September is nice, but can still be quite hot and humid. Crowds are not bad.

We like November so much we have visited at that time on 4 different occasions. It is a very nice time to visit and there is a lot going on. The weather is generally good, although on our trip this past November, we unfortunately saw very little sun.

We generally plan our November trip for the week before Thanksgiving. We miss F&W, but that event is not that important to us.
    Becca
    DVC Member since 1992 (OKW)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: