Quantcast two parks in one and a half days

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default two parks in one and a half days

I'm heading to Orlando at the end of november and have 5 day WDW tickets and 2 day Universal tickets. None of the tickets are hoppers. because of the dates I going one of my days will have to be a half day after getting into orlando the first travel day. I'm hoping to land at MCo around 10am, rent a car and drive directly to a park before checking into a hotel. if I go to Universal that first day, which park do you think is better as a half day? We are a group of 3 adults and one teen. We like thrill rides and Harry Potter quite a bit, so I'm thinking of using the half day on Universal studios and saving the full day for IOA. The other option is going to a disney park that first day since we will have 4 other full days for each of the parks.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen2006 View Post
    I'm heading to Orlando at the end of november and have 5 day WDW tickets and 2 day Universal tickets. None of the tickets are hoppers. because of the dates I going one of my days will have to be a half day after getting into orlando the first travel day. I'm hoping to land at MCo around 10am, rent a car and drive directly to a park before checking into a hotel. if I go to Universal that first day, which park do you think is better as a half day? We are a group of 3 adults and one teen. We like thrill rides and Harry Potter quite a bit, so I'm thinking of using the half day on Universal studios and saving the full day for IOA. The other option is going to a disney park that first day since we will have 4 other full days for each of the parks.
    I would look at the hours for both. Universal tends to close much earlier than Disney parks depending on the time of year.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

If you do a 1/2 day for Universal I would do the 1/2 day at Universal Studios not IOA. If it were me I would do the 1/2 day at Disney and do it at Animal Kingdom. I like Animal Kingdom just fine, I just think if necessary it could be done in a 1/2 day.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

If you are only planning a half day, then go to Universal Studios, not IOA... Use the full day at IOA...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO....2 full days at the Universal Parks and do the half day at the Animal Kingdom. A half day especially in the afternoon will not be enough time. Especially if you have never been before or don't know your way around. It takes a little while just to get from the parking lot into the parks.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

You should have plenty of time to do universal studios in a half day. We have been several times recently and have never spent more than a half day in US. Save your full day for islands of adventure.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Review all the attractions ahead of time, so you know which ones you really want to get to. With a firm plan, rather than just meandering around, you can get it done and be happy with the result.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: