Quantcast Finding Dory

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Finding Dory

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finding Dory

I saw that Disney officially announced that Finding Dory will be the Pixar release after Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur. I liked Nemo as much as the next person but was surprised about a sequel and not too excited.

That being said I am more excited about Monsters University than I thought I would be so wanted to see what other Intercotees thought about a Nemo sequel.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see it coming. I love Finding Nemo and Dory is one of our favorites, but I never thought about a sequel. I'm excited to see it for sure. I thought The Incredibles would have a sequel by now but that is just me hoping I guess.

Can't wait to see Monsters University either.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of a sequel, but think they almost waited too long. They're going to have to ramp up the publicity for it big time.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Mixed thoughts on this. If Pixar insists on doing another sequel, at least it's not Wall-E. I really hope we aren't seeing a trend. A few sequels here and there are great, but Pixar has such great original stories and characters. I want new stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the mixed crowd too. I'm not opposed to it, but to me Nemo was a very complete story and I didn't really see the need for a sequel.

I did find Ellen's announcement on her show to be very funny.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Let me in on the mixed crowd as well.

From the initial story line releases, I'm happy that they are choosing to focus more around how she got where Marlin found her and her 'after' story.

After the Toy Story sequels, I have a little more faith that this can work out.

Guess we'll see as time goes on.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

I liked Wall-E much more, so I wouldn't have minded further exploration of that.

I thought this Finding Dory thing was an April Fool's prank at first and ignored it. Now that Pixar is in the fold, it's clear they've succumbed to the Disney Way (keep hitting people over the head with something as long as you possibly can). A lot easier, and cheaper, to not have to create new characters all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I really hope we aren't seeing a trend. A few sequels here and there are great, but Pixar has such great original stories and characters. I want new stuff!
    I agree!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I thought this Finding Dory thing was an April Fool's prank at first and ignored it. Now that Pixar is in the fold, it's clear they've succumbed to the Disney Way (keep hitting people over the head with something as long as you possibly can). A lot easier, and cheaper, to not have to create new characters all the time.
    I too thought maybe it was an April Fool's joke! But nope.

I agree with other that The Incredibles would seem much more suited for a sequel than Nemo. I love Nemo, Up, and Wall-E but just don't see the need for sequels to these. I know that Pixar has proven they can do sequels with the Toy Story franchise but still hope this isn't the new trend to make sequels for all of them instead of coming up with new characters.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm starting to worry that Pixar is running out of new ideas. Either that or there is a lot of pressure being put on them by Disney to churn out sequels. Either way, I'm not that thrilled.

Dory was a cute character, similar to Mater in my mind in that she was the comic relief, but I'm not sure she's capable of sustaining an entire film. I hope they find a way to make it about her, but with enough strong supporting characters that it's not corny.

I'm concerned we're going to end up with a Cars 2, which I thought was pretty weak largely because it focused too much on Mater who is kind of a one dimensional character.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This should be no surprise to anyone, really. Let's face it; Pixar's films make money, LOTS of money. Every single feature has been a box office smash. Take "Cars 2", which is arguably the weakest of the Pixar "sequels"; as it is the only Pixar film not to be nominated for an Oscar and the only Pixar film not to be nominated for Best animated Feature since that award was created. Yet "Cars 2" still earned $560 million dollars worldwide, 6th highest of the Pixar films.

I don't think time will really have much effect either. "Monsters' Inc". was released in 2001, 12 years ago, but I expect "Monsters' University" will be another huge box office success. There's no reason to think that "Finding Dory" will be any different.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Pixar makes cash on reputation now, but it is hard to build that back up if you don't take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Pixar makes cash on reputation now, but it is hard to build that back up if you don't take care of it.
    Yes. This.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: