Quantcast Todd English's BlueZoo

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Todd English's BlueZoo

Has anyone been here? I think it is at the Dolphin. My husband has asked to go here for our trip later this month. I don't recall seeng many posts about this. Is this a skip?

So far we are doing Kouzzina (the Chef's tasting dinner) and Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch one day. I would like to go back to Raglan Road, Maya Grill at Coronado, and I think we both want to try Sanaa. I am avoiding an Epcot sit down because we plan to try alot at the Festival Market Places. I know from Food and Wine Fest we can't eat that much and then sit down for a meal, too. Even though there are tons of favorite places for us at Epcot!

Todd English wouldn't be my pick but let me know what any thoughts are if you have been.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would highly recommend it. My wife and I enjoyed a very nice, romantic dinner there about 2 years ago. I would definitely go back. Great food and service.

FYI - I would also highly recommend Sanaa. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen mostly good reviews for BlueZoo. It's not on the dining plan, if you're using DDP. I haven't tried it. I haven't enjoyed Todd English's restaurant in my area, Tuscany. I tagged along on my husband's recent conference at the Dolphin. People who dined at BlueZoo were disappointed in it-- but they were two large groups and I suspect that was part of it. Still, I would have no problem trying BlueZoo, just haven't got around to it, and I hope it's good for you.

All of your other choices are great, some of my favorites. With the exception of Maya Grill-- I haven't tried that one yet so I don't know.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't on DDP so this might be worth trying. I just looked at the menu and it looks good. The photos of the restaurant are cerntainly right up my alley!

Maya Grill we tried a couple trips ago when we stayed at Coronado and found it to be really good. At least we thought! I thought the food was similar to what is served at Hacienda de San Angel. I do want to make a trip over there for dinner one evening then maybe check out Rix Lounge. We won't have kids with us this trip.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

The bar is great, the rest was very of the evening left a lot to be desired, service - unattentive, food-over priced. go to Shula's
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I ate there for the first time on our 25th anniversary trip. It was fantastic. So much so, we are eating there on our actual
    26th anniversay date. This is now a must visit restaurant for us on all future WDW trips.
    Ralph
    1996: CB (Oct)
    1997: PO (Sept)
    1998: PO (Sept)
    1999: Poly/BC (Aug)
    2000: PO/BC (Sept)
    2001: BC (Aug)
    2002: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Dec)
    2005: BC (June)
    2006: BC (Aug)
    2008: YC (Aug)
    2012: YC (Sept)
    2013: BC (Sept)
    2014: YC (Sept)
    2015: YC (Sept)
    2017: YC (Sept)

Post Thanks / Like

We had an awesome experience there. The staff was very attentive and the fried lobster was amazing.
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

I know my DH rarely requests a restaurant so when he does I book it for him. When it comes to Disney we've had some frightful meals that others loved and some wonderful meals that others hated. If your husband wants to try it I say go for it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thought it was wonderful for a change of pace at Disney. Love the decor, menu and we had fabulous service there. Actually have booked our Anniversary dinner there for June.
    10/85 Off Site
    2/88 Disney Vil
    10/90 Disney Vil
    10/93 CB & GF
    5/94 WL
    12/95 Cont
    10/98 WL & CS
    12/00 DixLand & Poly
    12/04 Cabins & YC
    10/05 POFQ
    5/07 Cont & BCV
    10/07 Pop