Quantcast Discount on a Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discount on a Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge

I wanted to reach out and see if any of you very knowledgeable individuals within the community know if there is a way to get a discount like the current one being offered for Spring travel (20% at the WL) on a deluxe room / jr. suite. Online they will show a standard room club level, but they will not list a deluxe as an option. If you contact Disney Travel directly via the phone would they extend the discount to this room type??? Have any of you tried this or been successful with getting discounts on these rooms as they are very limited number wise. I look forward to hearing your input as always.

Best regards,
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd suggest contacting Magical Journeys. If there is a discount out there for what you want and for which you qualify, they will find it for you. Additonally, if a discount is not available now but becomes available later, they will apply the discount to your existing reservation.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

These particular rooms are never eligible for discounts. Sorry.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Have any of you tried this or been successful with getting discounts on these rooms as they are very limited number wise.
    They are very limited and very much in demand when they are offered. Last summer when I was looking for an AP rate it was available on the day the rates were released and gone by the next day when I went to book it.

They have cut back on WL discount lately so they may not be offered this year as Natalie said. Best bet would be to check with MJ.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried several times over the years to get one of these rooms with a discount (military room discount) and it has never been available. I was told by my MJ agent that these rooms are never discounted, since they are technically "suites."

The Deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk Inn and the Beach Club often come up as available with the discount. Not sure why the discrepancy, except maybe just the way the rooms are categorized in Disney's system.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I have tried several times over the years to get one of these rooms with a discount (military room discount) and it has never been available. I was told by my MJ agent that these rooms are never discounted, since they are technically "suites."

The Deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk Inn and the Beach Club often come up as available with the discount. Not sure why the discrepancy, except maybe just the way the rooms are categorized in Disney's system.
    Maybe because AP rates come out later than everything else they just want to make sure they don't go empty.

Here's a useless tidbit, when WL opened in 1994 we used to book the Jr Suite for $249. It was only $50 more than a regular room and there was not CL at the time.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

With the special that was released today, the DLX rooms do not seem to be included but the 1bdrm villas are. Have you considered staying there instead?
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    With the special that was released today, the DLX rooms do not seem to be included but the 1bdrm villas are. Have you considered staying there instead?
    Faline, BrerGnat & VWL Mom,
    You three are always a wealth of knowledge, thank you for your insight! I suspected this to be the case concerning a discount.
    VWL we've toured the villas a couple of times during our stays but have never considered it because it seems so disconnected from the Lodge and all the activities, but it may be worth a second look especially if we bought DVC points to pay for it as that would make it an even cheaper option.
    Okay one more question for our 3 panel board... and I know this is not an exact science and not guaranteed. What if you book a Standard room Club level which does offer applicable discounts and then upon arrival you ask if there is a DLX room available to upgrade to. What do you think the chances are that 1 you could do this (if rooms were available) and 2 a guess on the nightly cost. Would they upcharge you the exact difference of he cost between the two room types?
    There are "usually" DLX rooms available during the time we go each year as it is just before school lets out for summer and the crowds levels are much lower.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they would let you upgrade if it was available but the cost is the question. I've heard some say they were upgraded for free, some saying $150 (the average on pre discount rate difference), and some the full rate difference so you're right, there's no science to what Disney does. It basically ow much pixie dust has been sprinkled around the lobby when you check in.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

I once tried to upgrade. I was booked Standard View. I asked about paying to upgrade to CL. The hotel was fullt booked but they had ONE Deluxe room available. I was quoted the rack rate for the room which was $535 per night at the time. I would've been required to pay the difference between that and what I had paid for my discounted standard room. I did not pursue the upgrade.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I'm sure they would let you upgrade if it was available but the cost is the question. I've heard some say they were upgraded for free, some saying $150 (the average on pre discount rate difference), and some the full rate difference so you're right, there's no science to what Disney does. It basically ow much pixie dust has been sprinkled around the lobby when you check in.
    Too Funny! I'm glad someone else sees this.

Here's our latest experience

Last year we had the worst check in experience ever at the WL well at any resort or vacation. It started at 8:45 am and didn't end until almost 6:00pm that night. We were caught up in the room renovation "experience" and the room that we had requested and been given during initial check at the front desk was being "cleaned" and would be ready shortly, so leave your luggage and we'll take it to the room. Come back between 2:30 and 3:00. Which was not a problem we went over to MK and at the designated time came back to be told "Oh your room is still being cleaned" it will be 5:00 before it's ready. Well at 5:30 we were finally told the truth when I noted that no cleaning staff were near that room, which was that the room was being renovated and would not be ready at all and the alternate rooms that they had available since by NOW everyone had checked in were not comparable. I almost blew a gasket as my DW & DD have been waiting in the lobby since 2:30 and it was now 5:30... Well I politely requested to speak to the Resort Manager - Michael who promptly came out and I explained in great detail what had transpired over the past 9+ hours. I never asked for any sort of upgrade or change, just be given the room we paid for (courtyard view Bunk bed) and I wanted to know why we would have been lied to the entire day causing us to lose a day at the parks when anyone could have just stated the room you requested is under renovation but here is a comparable room. He asked that I wait while he checked on something and then in about 5 minutes reappeared and let us know he had a solution he thought we would like. He asked to see our keys to the world which he then threw away and reprinted new gold cards never saying a word and then made a couple of calls and finally asked us to follow him. He lead us to the 5th floor and to room 5123 and by the time we got there our luggage was in the room and as we entered we discovered it was a Jr. Suite overlooking the pool and he had arranged for Mickey balloons and other assorted items to be delivered as well for our 8 year old DD. He then informed us that he was very sorry for our ordeal and that he hoped this along with upgrading us to the club level for our entire stay would help to correct the problem. I thanked him, but let him know that we were not looking for resort management to do this, we just wanted the room we had paid for. He smiled and said "I know" and then asked where we had reservation for dinner stated yes at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:45 and he asked if his staff could drive us over. I responded that he had already done more than he should and thanked him again. The entire 10 days were just as nice and my DW who was skeptical about staying at WL AGAIN became a devoted follower and tells all of our friends & relatives she'll stay nowhere else.
    I guess the point of this lengthy story is that you truly never know what you are going to get when you arrive and reinforced my belief to never ask for anything more than you paid for unless you are willing to pay for it. I just don't want to pay full price
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ha! The truth comes out. You see what thry did there? Now you're hooked and you are considering booking this room again. They are very sneaky! To be honest, I still think that room type is a great deal. You won't find a comparable room at WDW for such a low price. It is still $$$ though and that's why we've never stayed there either. But man, if we ever got upgraded to that room type, I would have a VERY hard time just not booking it at rack rate!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Ah ha! The truth comes out. You see what thry did there? Now you're hooked and you are considering booking this room again. They are very sneaky! To be honest, I still think that room type is a great deal. You won't find a comparable room at WDW for such a low price. It is still $$$ though and that's why we've never stayed there either. But man, if we ever got upgraded to that room type, I would have a VERY hard time just not booking it at rack rate!
    You got me
    Every stay has always been wonderful, but this last one with all the amenities, space and what a view from that room made it extra special. If I can't find a way to somehow get the rate down then we probably won't stay in one next visit. I guess that's the accountant in me coming out - LOL.
    What is really funny right now is that I got online last night looking at the newly released summer travel discounts on rooms and just for giggles ran the numbers for staying at the Polynesian and if you choose Theme park view club level which is the Hawaiian bldg. It is only slightly higher by 13 to 15% than booking a standard view club level at the WL (both having PH tickets & Dinning -10 days). Isn't that a kick in the pants...
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC