Quantcast How are Disney Discounts trending?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How are Disney Discounts trending?

I had the Disney email offer this morning, the one for summer. It got me wondering, it was about this time last year that I booked our rooms at POR for an after Thanksgiving trip. The thought at the time was "ok - now watch for a free dining promotion" which I believe we did get in a May email pin code.

With no Disney trip on the near horizon I haven't really been in tune with or paying attention to how the discounts have been. With the stock market going up, the economy seemingly better, is Disney now scaling back discounts? Have they done free dining for 2013? Thinking forward to maybe a late 2014 trip and wondering if the free dining will be long since gone.

I know there isn't a crystal ball to tell me what to expect next year, but as I said, just curious to see what the trend has been.

Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They've definitely be scaling back the discounts and, no, there has not been a "free" dining offer yet in 2013.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

But it's been my experience that the free dining offers for fall have been offered in April. So, i'm not sweating it too much.

My DW and I are heading down in about a month for four days, and for the first time in about 8 years, we're not going to use the dining plan. We thought about the TIW discount card, but with just two of us, for four days, the math looks like we'll break even, so there's no point.

I'm interested to see how much we wind up spending paying OOP. We're still using dinner ADRs for all four days, though.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    They've definitely be scaling back the discounts and, no, there has not been a "free" dining offer yet in 2013.
    My SIL and her family booked at POR with free dining in February. I wonder if that was with a pin code??? Was it not ever offered to the general public?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    My SIL and her family booked at POR with free dining in February. I wonder if that was with a pin code??? Was it not ever offered to the general public?
    That was a pin code. They didn't release it as a public release. Or if they did I missed it, but I'm fairly certain that was just a pin. Some folks (very, very few) have gotten "free" dining pins for the fall, too, but no public offering yet. Of course, it's a little early for that. Disney has released a public "free" dining discount for the spring in previous years, though, so them not doing it this year shows they are following through on their public comments about scaling back discounts.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

That was a pin code. They didn't release it as a public release. Or if they did I missed it, but I'm fairly certain that was just a pin.
    You didn't miss it Chris, there was no general public free dining. There was the SP&D package released where dining, room, and length of stay tickets were packaged together that some said was priced similar to free dining at some resorts, but no actual free dining.

Found it Stay, Play and Dine
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 03-28-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: add link
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really hoping they have great discounts or free dining during our stay in November! I can't wait to find out!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the FREE DINING trend. :-) I got spoiled.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

That was a pin code. They didn't release it as a public release.
    Yes, it was a pin code that they booked with.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    I miss the FREE DINING trend. :-) I got spoiled.
    We did too. It isn't anything that I'd pay out of pocket for anymore, but with DW and 3 DD (one of which is considered an adult) the value on a 10 day trip staying at the moderate resort level, its just too much of discount to pass up on.

Not sure how we will approach our next trip now if free dining is off the table.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: