Quantcast Need tips fo dl trip w baby and 2 1/2 year old

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need tips fo dl trip w baby and 2 1/2 year old

My husband and I are going to Disneyland and DCA with our baby ( 3 months) and our 2 1/2yr old boy. (tons of questions for you!) I have been to WDW but not DL . Our son has been saving up money to see Daisy so this trip is more for him than ourselves. How are the lines in fantasyland? Should we go there first and then where... Which rides 1st , what is a good vs long wait time for the rides and how do you do the parks... And same for what to do at DCA.
    We are arriving into LAX at 10:30am on the Friday, staying at the Tropicana suites nearby, is the pool nice enough to enjoy that day or is it worth it to hit the parks immediately?
    I have a character breakfast booked for Sat 8 am, Surf's up, hoping we can get the Daisy visit in then, and then go to Disneyland, then Sunday do DCA, then we fly back on Monday.
    Our trip is the may 17th week-end, Victoria day in Canada. Is it busy then?
    Should we plan on going to one of the parks on the Friday or maybe try to switch my character breakfast to that day to make for more time at the parks? Can I get all the kid stuff done there in a day? What would YOU plan?
    Also has anyone brought a double stroller with them to parks? Handy to have or annoying?
    I love researching and planning trips so any info or tips you have will be REALLY appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll start with your Fantasyland questions.

IMO, the earlier the better when it comes to Fantasyland. Start with Peter Pan, Dumbo, Storybook Land Canal Boats, and Alice in Wonderland attractions. They tend to have the longest lines. Then go for the Tea Cups, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and the Carrousel. The Snow White and Pinocchio lines are never very long. Don't forget about the walk-through in the Castle.

If you want to meet Princesses you should visit the new Fantasy Faire area to the left of the Castle (as you enter from Main Street). They also have a few cute stage shows in this area. Check the program for times and be aware that a wait line will form prior to actual show time.

it's a small world is the farthest removed Fantasyland attraction. The lines move rather quickly throughout the day so I never feel pressure to rush to this one. They seem to be the longest immediately following a parade.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the weekend you are going will be a typical weekend. I would like your idea of switching your visit to Surf's Up at the Paradise Pier Hotel to Friday IF your plane was arriving a lot earlier in the day. Traveling from the airport to Anaheim could take a bit of time. Then, after checking in, you would have to get from the Tropicana to the PPH before the character breakfast service ends. Don't stress yourself out trying to rush to a reservation with a limited window of opportunity. Keep it for Saturday if the timing doesn't work easily.

I stayed at the Tropicana several years ago and although I didn't use the pool myself I remember kids enjoying it thoroughly. There was a lot of laughing and splashing going on. So using your travel day to enjoy the pool sounds like fun.

You could also use that day to visit Downtown Disney. There is the World of Disney store, RideMakerz, Build-A-Bear, and the Lego Store - all places a young boy might think were fun.

If you decide to keep your Saturday breakfast reservations and if you decide to use "1 Park Per Day" tickets rather than "Park Hopper" tickets, you may want to consider visiting DCA on Saturday after breakfast and use Sunday to get to Disneyland bright and early.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: