Quantcast Carribean Beach

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Carribean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carribean Beach

I am leaving in a little over a month for WDW and I made reservations at Carribean Beach Resort. Now I'm wondering if this was a mistake.

My main reasoning behind going was meeting my brother's family down there and surprising his kids (who don't know I'm coming). Since I am a former cast member I know the parks very well and can help them get around and everything.

They are staying at Port Orleans so I figured I would reserve at Carribean Beach. This was so it didn't ruin the surprise of me showing up at the park, and I can take a break from the kids if I need to.

Since I made the reservation, I have been looking into the resort more, and I either find nothing at all OR negative comments about it. I am just wondering if I made a mistake reserving here? It will be just me in the room.

Thanks for any info!
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there a few years ago and had a good experience. Only thing that threw us off is that the check-in building is separate from the building that houses the food court, arcade, sit-down restaurant, and gift shop (since those are the same at every other resort we were confused).

Other than that, we thought it was great. Really pretty. Just huge. Transportation is good because it doesn't share with any other resort. Lots of bus stops throughout the resort to make walking a bit easier. But the distance from your room to the marketplace can be long.

Rooms were exactly the same as Port Orleans.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Of the Moderate resorts, CB and CS are my hands down favorites. It's kinda an "island" feel to CB. The buses go ONLY around that resort and that was a real plus for us, especially after staying at FQ and having to travel several different routes to get to the parks...seemed like no rhyme or reason to FQ bus system. CMs are very pleasant there too. You should do ok there, really.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies, I have seen A LOT of comments about how great port orleans is and was wondering if I made a mistake...looks like I will be ok...
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in Jan. I loved the theming of the resort. I Loved the gounds. I loved the service. I loved how quiet the resort was. However our AC wasn't working properly (too humid/too cold). They moved our room and we had the same problem. Hopefully this was just isolated to the two rooms/building. But the staff was very helpful and eager to accommodate us.
    I think you will be fine.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR many, many times, and it is by far our fave moderate resort. We love the theme, bright colorful buildings, food court, and pools. We have never had anything to complain about! Have fun!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We've stayed at CBR more than any other resort. We tried POR last trip and regretted it. It wasn't that POR was so bad, it's just that we love CBR. We love the beachy feel, the shop/food building, pool, pool bar(!), how quiet it is, etc.

We have had a few issues in the past with wait times for buses. Not sure if there is any rhyme or reason why.

We have always asked for and stayed in the Jamaica building. It is a short but lovely walk over the footbridge to the pool and shop/food building, and the bus stop is very close - great for those morning dashes to make the bus as it rounds the bend!

We've never had a sense that the resort is huge as others have said, so maybe that's because we always stayed in the Jamaica building and it is so convenient to everything we need.

Long story short - I highly recommend CBR!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

CBR is our favorite resort!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR a couple of times and we really enjoyed our stay there.

You'll enjoy it....just give it a chance

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We love CBR! Actually the only moderate resort we didn't like was port Orleans riverside. We love staying at a tropical resort in the summer. Our first choice would always be poly, beach club, or yacht club, but it's not always in the budget so CBR has often been our "go to" summer/tropical resort.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We went back in October and stayed at the Caribbean Beach - we absolutely LOVED the resort. I was nervous because of all the negativity - but being in the business - I had to remember, people report more bad than good. And I am very glad that I kept that in mind when I went, because it ended up being such an amazing resort for the atmosphere, rooms, food court, staff - everything - AMAZING! You will enjoy it

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR approx 12 times. Most of our trips averaged 14-19 nights. It's a beautiful resort, and we never had any problems. Take some time to explore the resort. The grounds are beautiful with a great tropical feel. When you check in at the Customs House you'll feel like you've been transported to the islands. There is a great path around the lake, if you like to jog or take long walks. We've stayed in Martinique, Barbados, and Aruba.

Remember that not everyone likes the same thing. Explore the resort and form your opinion. If you're like me and prefer a relaxing island atmosphere but don't want to deal with the sand, heat, humidity, etc.,, you'll live CBR. This resort is especially beautiful and relaxing early in the morning and late at night.

Have a great time.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: