Quantcast Magic band pics surface - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not against using the bracelets for park or room entry. Less of a chance for people to know where your wallet is located. Plus on vacation I'm the mule LOL! I have to carry everything because my DG can't seem to find pants that have real pockets! So less passing her wallet between us. But even though my KTTW card can act as a credit card I still prefer to use cash. It lets me see how much I have spent that day.

I would like the bracelets to be something useful like a watch. And for all of the "plan every last thing people" and the "non early risers" to get to use the attractions from the Fastpass + system. They paid to be there just like everyone else. I just hope that the current Fastpass style stays. Walk up to the machines, tap the mouse, and get a ticket. I don't want to bring my smartphone into the park. Just another thing I could loose, break, or be distracted. (I enjoy the ambiance of the World)

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, It's been 2 years since we've visited WDW so this is new for me. I've read some about some of the new techological advances , but we've not experienced them yet. My main question right now is about this bracelet/RFID "thing a ma bob"! Is this a choice for the guest whether to go with the new product or the customary card for room & park access? And is this only available if you are staying on property? I'm asking because we're visiting in June & some of our group is staying onsite & some are staying offsite. I'm curious about what I've read as to the difference in the park entry lines, if we're given the choice, which format to choose & whether or not "day Guests" have this choice as well. It will be more enjoyable for our group if we don't have to split up for huge wait variances for park entry! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I understant is that you still have a choice to use the bracelets, and have the option to purchase them.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they either have it all operational and working properly by Food & Wine, or scrap it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I have to agree. Waving my wrist sounds preferable to digging out a card.

Right now, I can't imagine us ever pre-booking fastpasses, but you make a good point. We sleep in too and have never ridden Toy Story Mania because we won't knock ourselves out to get there first thing and won't wait 90 minutes to ride it (even during the slow season!). So, perhaps we will end up giving the new FP system a shot?
    I think there was talk that the regular fast pass system will still be there, and the fast pass plus is only for 3 pre-planned rides in one park per day. for me it would be TSM, TOT and maybe Star Tours.

For all the fuss people are making, once everyone is changed over, I think it will be less stressful. it takes a lot less time to wave your wrist...which is why the lines are short for people using the new tech...?
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE/]

As for the wristbands- UNbelievable that they are actually proposing a jewelry line! Are you kidding me!?

[/QUOTE]

I agree, I am not looking forward to the magicBand and I think it's unbelievable that they will have a jewelry line, but at the same time...Disney Guests pay uber amounts of money for ridiculous merchandise, what will stop people from buying accessories for their MagicBand, we live in a world of customization.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: