Quantcast Passed ROFR; SSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Passed ROFR; SSR

After serious discussion and research since our last trip in Nov '11, my family and I decided to purchase DVC. We were informed last week that we passed ROFR for SSR. It's perfect that our points month is in March and she be loaded right before receiving our paperwork and membership, especially since there were not any leftover points.

SSR was not our first choice, but after research, I think that it was a wise decision. We have never visited the resort, but it looks beautiful and I hear the pools are nice.

We are so excited!
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHD View Post
    After serious discussion and research since our last trip in Nov '11, my family and I decided to purchase DVC. We were informed last week that we passed ROFR for SSR. It's perfect that our points month is in March and she be loaded right before receiving our paperwork and membership, especially since there were not any leftover points.

SSR was not our first choice, but after research, I think that it was a wise decision. We have never visited the resort, but it looks beautiful and I hear the pools are nice.

We are so excited!
    SSR gets such a bad rap but the resort is really nice... Especially the tree house villas... Congrats on the news!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    SSR gets such a bad rap but the resort is really nice... Especially the tree house villas... Congrats on the news!
    Thanks!

That is what I hear about SSR as well.

I have seen pictures and videos of the Tree House Villas as well, but they are way out of my points range. Maybe someday...
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home! we also just passed ROFR last week for SSR, so I guess we're neighbours? haha
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home

We bought at SSR back in '04 and have stayed there six or seven times. We like it a lot and also don't understand the bad press it gets at times. We like being able to walk to DTD and enjoy the pools. Have not stayed in the Tree House Villas yet, but will this coming Dec

Our favorite DVC resort is BCV (our first DVC purchase). We really enjoy the atmosphere there and the ability to walk to EPCOT and HS.
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I feel welcomed.

I just received an email today stating that our closing documents have "gone through" and we should see them shortly.

Can't wait...
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Welcome Home! we also just passed ROFR last week for SSR, so I guess we're neighbours? haha
    Haha! Welcome neighbor. Congrats on your DVC as well!
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNut42 View Post
    Welcome Home

We bought at SSR back in '04 and have stayed there six or seven times. We like it a lot and also don't understand the bad press it gets at times. We like being able to walk to DTD and enjoy the pools. Have not stayed in the Tree House Villas yet, but will this coming Dec

Our favorite DVC resort is BCV (our first DVC purchase). We really enjoy the atmosphere there and the ability to walk to EPCOT and HS.
    I imagine that most of the bad publicity SSR receives is due to the size of it??? Maybe people who don't enjoy SSR, do not like walking as much as I do. I enjoy being able to walk around large resorts. We stayed at CBR once and although, there was a lot of walking, I enjoyed that part of it.

Enjoy your stay at the Tree House Villas. I would love to do that, but it would require three years of points to do so.
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home! Congrats on your purchase.

Our last stay was at Saratoga Springs. We were a bit hesitant about our stay based on all the "bad" things we'd heard about this resort. We were very pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay at this resort in the future!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHD View Post
    I imagine that most of the bad publicity SSR receives is due to the size of it??? Maybe people who don't enjoy SSR, do not like walking as much as I do. I enjoy being able to walk around large resorts. We stayed at CBR once and although, there was a lot of walking, I enjoyed that part of it.

Enjoy your stay at the Tree House Villas. I would love to do that, but it would require three years of points to do so.
    Yes, it is the largest of the DVC resorts, so that may factor in. We enjoy walking as well, and if someone is a fan of WDW, then they should know that walking is a huge part of the experience. I remember reading a post a few years ago where someone wore a pedometer for a day and clocked in 13 miles for a day at MK. I can believe it.

We're excited about the Tree House Villas. We tried to stay there in Dec. 2011, but they were booked. When we decided to make that trip, not a last minute decision, but we were well inside the 7 month booking window, there was no room at the inn. Had we done closer to the 11 month window (like we did this year), I'm sure we would have gotten it. Having said that, this is another reason we like SSR; we can generally get a reservation only a few months out.
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

and Welcome Home! I've stayed at SSR twice now on points and really enjoyed the resort! It does get a bad rap, but I think it's a lovely place with a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I really love being able to walk to DTD and I also think the restaurants are very good. We usually eat at Artist Palette at least once per trip, even if we're not staying at SSR! I hope you enjoy your DVC membership and SSR!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everyone.

Just received our final papers today. Almost official.

Even if we can stay somewhere else, which we'd eventually like to every-other trip or so just to mix it up, we will stay at our home resort for our first DVC trip.

Very excited.
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile welcome home

congratulations and welcome home.

our dvc home has been one of the best purchases we have ever made. i wish you many years of great visits to your disney home.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

We just sent our payment in and final paperwork. Just a matter of days now.
    Disneyland 30+

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Posting point cost helps others that might be interested in the magic number to pass ROFR.

At this point however, I think DIsney will take almost anything to keep the points in paying members hands and not have to try and sell them at their insanely inflated prices.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: