Quantcast Oh c'mon!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen1984 View Post
    I managed to get a reservation for dinner in August: at 4pm :-( our only other option was 9pm, and this was exactly 180 days out. I did need a credit card guarantee.

Question is, is it worth it over lunch? I only want to see the inside as it's one of my favourite films, and thinking I should give it up to someone that wants the dinner more and hope that the queue isn't too bad for lunch!

Terribly enough, I think that my family may actually prefer the lunch menu!
    To be honest, I think that it is quite worth it for lunch! It's most of the elements from dinner, food and atmosphere. In addition, there is an extra wing open for the lunch time, which you can't see during dinner. The desserts are identical -- yummmm!
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When planning my honeymoon for 1/2013, we could not get a reservation at BOG, even trying to book 180 days out. Just tried to make reservations for my trip in May. Another no-go.

So once we were there 1/13, we did the sneak-peak of the dining room. There, a cast member told us that if we walked down to guest services at the front of MK, they could have potentially gotten us into a reservation for dinner, since we were in the park and staying at a resort?. We didn't take the cast member up on this suggestion. So I can't even say if this in fact possible?

I've heard from a friend that lunch is great inside. Worth waiting in line around 10:25 until they open for lunch.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I will not ever make dining reservations and then have to work my vacation enjoyment time around them again just because Disney allows everyone to schedule their dining 6 months ahead of time. The whole system irritates me to no end and in my opinion ruins the theme park experience and enjoyment.
    I agree with you 100%. The ADR system has taken all the fun out of trying new places. We used to have a restaurant in town that would make you wait even if there were empty tables. I asked one of the servers why they do it, and she said it was to give the impression that the place is worth waiting for. Guess what? That "desirable" business is out of business. Too bad because the food was pretty good.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about going for lunch instead. To be totally honest, I don't get all the hub bub for dinner there. Basically the same thing for lunch except you get your own drinks/utensils. They still bring the food to you. Not really worth it IMO to pay the inflated dinner prices.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lot of problems getting a reservation for O'hana, but I kept at it and we were able to eat there on our trip in December. Loved everything about it.
    If it helps, my wife and I won't be making any reservations for BOG, so that's one less you'll have to compete with.
    All I can say is hang tough and something will open up. I've been on the reservations page looking for a particular restaurant and have found nothing available only to check back a couple of minutes later and find something. It's all about luck and timing.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got one, after trying several times a day I finally got a Be Our Guest dinner ressie for August
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the next question would be, once you get your ADR....What do you order??? I've never even thought to look at the menu!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

After reading everyone's thoughts on this thread, it comes down to this:

If eating at Be Our Guest is a priority, then you'll have to keep calling back. People cancel reservations ALL THE TIME for a whole host of reasons. If you desire evening table service, this is what it means.

If you want to go for lunch or go elsewhere, that is your call. I don't know how often your visit WDW. If this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, you should probably keep trying. If this is one out of a hundred over the course of a lifetime, there's always next year.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice and comments. Still no luck with the reservations. I'm trying everyday, every few hours and nothing available for my June trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying everyday too! The sad part is when we were making our reservations at 180 days out the website kept suggesting we eat there and we didn't' want to because the menu didn't look all that appetizing to dh. Now that I have convinced him to try it we cant get in.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: