Thank you all for checking in and sharing your stories and tips. This is exactly what I was hoping for! Nat, I really appreciate the nutrition tips. I lost a lot of weight last year when I was seriously dieting, but not really exercising. Sadly I gained it back. I am not on a diet right now, but I have been eating "better," yet with all the running I'm doing, I thought I'd lose some weight. Your explanation makes sense for why I'm not.

Disoriented, I feel a lot like you! I have never been a runner, and just running a full 5k still seems daunting to me. As of last week I was still not able to run 20 mins without walk breaks. I had to take a few days off and when I did the training today, I ran the full 28 minutes the app asked me to (with 5 minute warmup and cool down walks) and did not need to stop once. I even forgot to take my inhaler before hand! I needed it when I got home but still being able to control my breath enough and push through the tiredness and discomfort gave me the hope I needed that I am building towards something. Now, I am way behind the C25k app pacing. They suggest that you run 2.75 miles in 28 minutes whereas I was only at 2.08; but as many of you mentioned I know I need to keep at my own appropriate pace.