Quantcast Training Check-in/Encouragement Thread

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I've been working on my mental endurance along with the physical endurance. It's difficult for me to tell the difference between when I really need a walk/water break and when I think I need a break. I feel good, my legs are good, I'm not overtired but there's this mental thing I get that goes "this has been fun but I just want to stop now" and I don't know how to turn it off. I'm good at listening to my body when it needs a break, but ignoring the voice in my head is much more difficult. How do you get the focus to keep going? Right now I tend to max out at 4 miles and I need to get past this.

I'm having the same problem, but it's only really happening when I run NOT on a treadmill. Because of scheduling I tend to run twice a week on a treadmill at an elevation and then on the weekend go out and run outside. I know it's just a matter of me getting bored rather than anything else. For some reason in my head I have it that it's 'too hard' to slow the treadmill down so I just push through it. When I'm outside it's just too easy to stop. I know it's all in my head, and I'm sure that's the hardest obstacle to get around.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help everyone! Problem solved! I ran outside today and had the best one yet. I used the Runkeeper app since I don't have a running watch and I loved how it tracks distance and speed while listening to my own playlist and every five minutes I get a update. It took the monotony out of treadmill running and I shaved a minute off my pace. It was really nice running through my neighborhood while the sun was out. C'mon spring, you can do it!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I can only run outside. Even when I'm on vacation- I will pass up the gym and run outside. A lot of it can be attributed to the fact I have the attention span of a gnat.

I'm so glad you had a great run, Nikki! Great job!!!

I had my foot surgery Thursday so I'm off my feet and out of training for a few weeks.
    I cannot tell you how depressed this has made me. So I'm really happy and it cheers me up to read about y'all training ! Run one for me!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you an extremely speedy recovery Christine! You'll be burning rubber out there in no time!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Thanks for all the help everyone! Problem solved! I ran outside today and had the best one yet.
    Congrats! I tried running outside the other day as well and had the opposite response! My complex has very uneven roads, so I think some of the uphill/downhill stuff was too challenging for me still, AND I had a bad reaction from my skin. I used to get it sometimes when I lived in Philly and walked in the heat. From some googling it appears to be from my capillaries opening up. It's an itching sensation but you can't relieve it because it's actually under the skin. On top of this I have eczema which has been flaring up. I haven't had this problem on the treadmill, so maybe I'm just not quite ready for the impact of running outside. (When I started the program I was going outside with my dog, but that was more walking than running. He does not like running on the leash. I tried taking him with me and he was constantly pulling in the other direction, so I was exerting more energy trying to control him as well).

I "graduated" C25K but my pace is too slow, so I am going back to week 6, running at a faster pace, and adding a slight incline. Then I'll try running outside again in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I had my foot surgery Thursday so I'm off my feet and out of training for a few weeks.
    I cannot tell you how depressed this has made me. So I'm really happy and it cheers me up to read about y'all training ! Run one for me!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: