Quantcast Don Cesar Hotel at St. Pete FL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don Cesar Hotel at St. Pete FL

Has anyone stayed here? I know Loews owns and operates it now and I just wanted to see if anyone can tell me about it. Any info welcome. Thank you!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed there, but have stayed in the area many times. We call it the Pink Nightmare...it's an interesting shade of pink.

My parents once booked a stay there, but ended up canceling it. When mom got the confirmation, it was covered in added expenses that weren't in the quote. From newspaper delivery to parking (which are more common) to a fee for using the beach, or other hotel amenities. It added a lot to an already expensive room.

They opted to rent privately owned condos. We have stayed in some very nice places, for far less money!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't stayed there, but my hubby and I went a few years ago just to walk around and check it out and we weren't impressed. We couldn't even find a restaurant on property that we felt comfortable stopping and having a meal. The pool area looked nice, but not that large. And when I think of hotels like that, I think of grand lobbies. Nope, not this one. The check in area was basically just a couple small desks in a regular size room.

Not at all what we expected, but again, we didn't stay there so it could be a wonderful experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! Hate the hidden charges. A fee to use the beach? That's terrible. At the price of the rooms that should be given. I mean really, you go to a oceanfront resort to presumably use the beach!

I have not seen it with my own eyes- lol- only on the internet and I agree the pink was not attractive. I liked the location and some of the amenities Loews offers but may but not so much with this one.

Thanks for the info all!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Ugh! Hate the hidden charges. A fee to use the beach? That's terrible. At the price of the rooms that should be given. I mean really, you go to a oceanfront resort to presumably use the beach!

I have not seen it with my own eyes- lol- only on the internet and I agree the pink was not attractive. I liked the location and some of the amenities Loews offers but may but not so much with this one.

Thanks for the info all!
    I just booked a really cute little place further up the beach in Indian Shores (it's north of St Pete, but south of Clearwater). It's a town I really love staying in...great beaches, wonderful food and lots to see and do. If you don't mind not being in St Pete, I can send you a link to their website!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I just booked a really cute little place further up the beach in Indian Shores (it's north of St Pete, but south of Clearwater). It's a town I really love staying in...great beaches, wonderful food and lots to see and do. If you don't mind not being in St Pete, I can send you a link to their website!
    Thanks, I will take a look! I would love if you could send the link. We aren't sure yet the plan but thinking of going in April sometime. Husband wanted to spend a couple days away from Orlando relaxing on the gulf side so I was just looking at options. I looked at Don because it's Loews and we really enjoy their resorts at Universal, so I thought it might be good but I don't like what I am hearing/reading so far.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Thanks, I will take a look! I would love if you could send the link. We aren't sure yet the plan but thinking of going in April sometime. Husband wanted to spend a couple days away from Orlando relaxing on the gulf side so I was just looking at options. I looked at Don because it's Loews and we really enjoy their resorts at Universal, so I thought it might be good but I don't like what I am hearing/reading so far.

Thanks!
    I sent you a PM!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to St Pete Beach, go to Verduccis for supper.

Mmmmmmmmm verducciiiiiissss.....

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I work on St Pete beach, about a mile from the Don..yes it is a pink nightmare...I live about 5 miles up the beach in Reddington (Close to Indian Shores, someone here mentioned it.)
    I have never stayed at the Don, however I love this area. I would probably opt to stay at the other end of the beach-toward Indian Shores, however I will say-this is the place I call home and I love it.It's touristy, and filled with bars and beach food...but it's still awesome!
    The Don will give you easy access to the highway if you are headed out on adventures. The stretch of beach it sits on is nice and well groomed. And I think there are some good food options. Agave's is awesome! Best authentic civeache style fish tacos around!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    I work on St Pete beach, about a mile from the Don..yes it is a pink nightmare...I live about 5 miles up the beach in Reddington (Close to Indian Shores, someone here mentioned it.)
    I have never stayed at the Don, however I love this area. I would probably opt to stay at the other end of the beach-toward Indian Shores, however I will say-this is the place I call home and I love it.It's touristy, and filled with bars and beach food...but it's still awesome!
    The Don will give you easy access to the highway if you are headed out on adventures. The stretch of beach it sits on is nice and well groomed. And I think there are some good food options. Agave's is awesome! Best authentic civeache style fish tacos around!
    I'm so jealous! Reddington is Awesome!!! Agave's is yummy. I'm also partial to Kenny's for breakfast...Can't wait for April to come visit your little slice of Heaven!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, just saw this post. I'm originally from the area and I've had many relatives stay there attending functions being held there. No one was that impressed. It used to be much nicer prior to being sold. I have great memories from childhood going to the ice cream place that used to be there (I think it was called Hillary's). The rooms are small!

If you want to stay at a hotel on St. Pete Beach, I recommend either Tradewinds resort. Yes, there is a resort fee (I think it is $25 a night) but that fee includes daily use of your own cabana on the beach, which has 2 chaise lounges with nice cushions which the attendants get for you. All the other resorts charge you a seperate fee for cabana rental and still charge a resort fee on top of that.

If you want to rent a place, I agree Indian Shores is nice, but I prefer Indian Rocks (right next door). We rent a place right on the Gulf, across from Guppy's restaurant.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

The place as I remember it was always called "the Pink Palace". Used to go down there 3 - 4 times a year (on business trips) A beautiful grand place to see . Yes the rooms are small but back in its hey day it was the place to stay at, It was the place of stars and celebrities...(babe ruth era) Its still beautiful but very $$$$..Plenty of other hotels along the strip to stay at.....
    6-84/6-85-off-site,1987-DISNEYLAND,1989-DISNEYLAND (HONEYMOON) 1990-CBR, 1994-WL (5YRS), 1996-WL, 1997-BC, 1998-WL, 1999-BC (10YRS), 2001-AKL, 2005-POR, 2009-VWL (20YRS), 2010-BWV, 2011-VWL, 2012-OKW AND BLT, 2013-VERO, 2014-AULANI (25YRS) 2016-BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: